Ray&Ash

I-129F November 2016 Filers - Part 2

2,907 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Help friends!  What does this mean?  ceac.state.gov status checker says case entered April 26th and case updated May 3rd READY.  @geowrian and anyone else with insight into this, what does this mean, what's next and what do I do? I know it means that it has reached Zimbabwe.  That part I understand. 

imgres.jpg

Edited by visamountain

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Help friends!  What does this mean?  ceac.state.gov status checker says case entered April 26th and case updated May 3rd READY.  @geowrian and anyone else with insight into this, what does this mean, what's next and what do I do? I know it means that it has reached Zimbabwe.  That part I understand. 

imgres.jpg

Congratulations ! it means that all paper work reached embassy , beneficiary should fill out DS160 and schedule appointment. Hope you have already scheduled medical  and have a police report ,Follow all embassy instructions . In my case I receive email with instructions from embassy about 3 weeks after they receive visa application .  

Edited by Art786

Timeline

@Art786 thank you :) Yes, he leaves for Zimbabwe from South Africa on Sunday and arrives Monday.  Police Clearance is scheduled for Tuesday, medical on Wednesday, and we have had our file ready forever (April 8th).  He does his photos tomorrow so that he can finish up DS-160 and submit it.  Did you only get information via email?  I've only ever received USCIS through regular mail.  Should he be expecting mail in Zim? Is there anything else I'm missing? Will they schedule the interview once he hits submit on the DS-160 or do i call and schedule it? What is packet 3? 4? etc.  Sorry lots of questions :) 

Edited by visamountain

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

February filer here.

I have been thinking for the past few days trying to come with a theory as to why we haven't seen updated cases this week. The theory that they could be "training"  I doubt  it. It would be a very bad managerial decision to just summon every officer into training, while cases just pile up for April and May. The theory is this....I am sure there are USCIS employees that follow this forum. Maybe, just maybe they are blocking the script and its kicking back with the same updates? Idk, just a wild thought on a depressing week. 

Timeline

@Art786 thank you :) Yes, he leaves for Zimbabwe from South Africa on Sunday and arrives Monday.  Police Clearance is scheduled for Tuesday, medical on Wednesday, and we have had our file ready forever (April 8th).  He does his photos tomorrow so that he can finish up DS-160 and submit it.  Did you only get information via email?  I've only ever received USCIS through regular mail.  Should he be expecting mail in Zim? Is there anything else I'm missing?

Think every country may be different I am a sponsor and I receive conformation from embassy on my email , we have been waiting for regular mail instructions / notification from embassy to beneficiary , but it never come .Just a email .  Police rep. and medical may take up to two weeks to get back results . Not sure about what you are writing about him going from one place to another ? Funny think is that hospital in Taipei wanted a twenty pictures for med exam, it turnout that they stick a picture on every page that they are using to write results  . Need Police results from all places that he lived think for more than six months. 

Edited by Art786
e

Timeline

February filer here.

I have been thinking for the past few days trying to come with a theory as to why we haven't seen updated cases this week. The theory that they could be "training"  I doubt  it. It would be a very bad managerial decision to just summon every officer into training, while cases just pile up for April and May. The theory is this....I am sure there are USCIS employees that follow this forum. Maybe, just maybe they are blocking the script and its kicking back with the same updates? Idk, just a wild thought on a depressing week. 

Not sure if your theory is correct , dont think any one from those office workers follow this and for sure they don't care , as other people that have no reason to be interested in this process, only people that are going through this or did, look in here . Reality is that they just do what aver they want and wherever they fill like it , yes there may be some thing going on like some priority's visas, that you may find out in few days if you do a lot of research. In my case - November . October  applications wore processed within about a month, than November big slow down it toke them 80 days to get to ours, and that was still lucky because some others may be still waiting . They are puling files from all kind of months and work on it randomly , there is no known pattern that you could follow . If you call, they will tel you that you are in time frame, that is about 5 months . Not much anyone can do just lot of patience. But when it start going it will go fest . Good luck all will come in due time , for now just enjoy waiting, and ,making plans for a future .   

February filer here.

Welcome~

it wouldn't be the first time they likely did multi-week training and very little progress was made on I-129Fs. Early January comes to mind (before your time here, I know, but I wanted to relay that). It also could just be that their online system isn't being updated. That also happened once for several days, IIRC. When they did update it, they back-filled the previous dates.

They likely aren't blocking the script. I guess they could be doing a misdirection defense (detecting it as a bad actor and replying with false data), but that's pretty sophisticated and seems excessive. And they would have to be doing it consistently since I also check for differences from day to day. The script is using the same mechanism to lookup the statuses that you and the mobile apps use. Those would also be broken if that was the case.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

@Art786 thank you :) Yes, he leaves for Zimbabwe from South Africa on Sunday and arrives Monday.  Police Clearance is scheduled for Tuesday, medical on Wednesday, and we have had our file ready forever (April 8th).  He does his photos tomorrow so that he can finish up DS-160 and submit it.  Did you only get information via email?  I've only ever received USCIS through regular mail.  Should he be expecting mail in Zim? Is there anything else I'm missing? Will they schedule the interview once he hits submit on the DS-160 or do i call and schedule it? What is packet 3? 4? etc.  Sorry lots of questions :) 

Beneficiary will have to schedule appointment after paying for visa interview. Usually they will show available dates that  can choose from , that is done online. Packet 3, think is a notification from embassy with instructions . And 4, maybe a envelope from embassy that he submits on US entry , not too sure about that , but don't worry about it now. If all DS 160 is fill out can be submitted , check it well ,both of you can look it over and attach a passport stile photo, you may need some confirmation no. from it when paying for visa appointment. Someone may correct me , but that's about how it works.  

Edited by Art786

Timeline

Welcome~

it wouldn't be the first time they likely did multi-week training and very little progress was made on I-129Fs. Early January comes to mind (before your time here, I know, but I wanted to relay that). It also could just be that their online system isn't being updated. That also happened once for several days, IIRC. When they did update it, they back-filled the previous dates.

They likely aren't blocking the script. I guess they could be doing a misdirection defense (detecting it as a bad actor and replying with false data), but that's pretty sophisticated and seems excessive. And they would have to be doing it consistently since I also check for differences from day to day. The script is using the same mechanism to lookup the statuses that you and the mobile apps use. Those would also be broken if that was the case.

Something like that. Im sure you know more about it than any one else here. :) .Some times just it is what it is !

Timeline

@Art786 our embassy in Zimbabwe has been in close contact with me through email throughout the months of April and May and I was told $265 in USD on the day of the interview.  So maybe we just schedule it through DS-160 and pay when he gets there.  Do you think that sounds right? Is the DS-160 free to submit?  We also only had 2 doctors to choose from in the whole country and we were lucky to get him in without a problem.  

Edited by visamountain

Timeline

@Art786 our embassy in Zimbabwe has been in close contact with me through email throughout this the months of April and May and I was told $265 in USD on the day of the interview.  So maybe we just schedule it through DS-160 and pay when he gets there.  Do you think that sounds right? Is the DS-160 free to submit?  We also only had 2 doctors to choose from in the whole country and we were lucky to get him in without a problem.  

Hi , try it if it works that's great, specially that they instruct you that can be done , Ds 160 is just a form ,is free, can not do any scheduling trough it . Not all hospitals do visa checkups , two, sounds about right , Some country's in a world visa fee may be a lot of money,be careful when handling cash those places. We schedule all trough internet ,without contacting anyone in person .   

No updates to Nov. cases today.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think it has been not much update for K1 visa this whole week for December and January petitioners as well. Weird week. Hope the CSC update the process next week. :(

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations ! it means that all paper work reached embassy , beneficiary should fill out DS160 and schedule appointment. Hope you have already scheduled medical  and have a police report ,Follow all embassy instructions . In my case I receive email with instructions from embassy about 3 weeks after they receive visa application .  

Hello, I am from India. My status on ceac also says READY but I haven't received any mail or e-mail regarding it. For medical appointment they ask for either DS-160 confirmation page or interview letter for NVC. Please suggest what to do next? Thanks :)

Timeline

Hello, I am from India. My status on ceac also says READY but I haven't received any mail or e-mail regarding it. For medical appointment they ask for either DS-160 confirmation page or interview letter for NVC. Please suggest what to do next? Thanks :)

HI , if you know that your petition reached embassy , fill out DS 160 save it to your computer ,print it out .  Email confirmation from embassy was send to me ( sponsor) after three weeks from time they receive it. Or you can just wait for it , but it may be send to sponsor so he will have to forward it to you . Those are just instructions from embassy what to do next , it is same as everyone else. (people sometimes try to jump on head of things thinking  time may be saved You will be fine by following proper steps and all will fall to place in right time ).(You meant interview letter for embassy ?? )

Edited by Art786

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.