13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Attention VJers,

If your relative was handed a form 221(g) and your case has been put in Administrative Processing (AP),

Please post your update here.

Let's get some update and information from each other to know how fast the process is moving and what needs to be done and to help each other.

• Who did you petition?
  • What country did you get denied (AP) at?
  • What have you done so far?
  • What update do you have so far on your case?

You can create a timeline in your 'Signature'...Go to your account settings, click on signatures and type in your timeline.

As we wait, I hope that you stay encouraged and focused! it is easy to get stressed out but  you lose half of the battle when you give in to stress and depression.

Please feel free to share what activities you do to not stay depressed.

good luck to everyone....

*** If you are depressed right now, pm me your address for an encouragement card. You don't have to explain yourself, just say," I need encouragement card" and add your mailing address***

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
  • Who did you petition? - Husband
  • What country did you get denied (AP) at?- Accra, Ghana
  • What have you done so far?- Harassed the embassy, complained to OIG, Congressman in the mix
  • What update do you have so far on your case?- Case is on it's way to NVC as of 2/6/2017 but was sent out on 1/23/2017

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Visa applications are adjudicated on a case-by-case basis according to the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and applicable federal regulations.  The authority to issue or refuse visas is vested solely in consular officers abroad by section 104(a) of the INA.  For this reason, the Department of State in Washington, D.C. cannot overturn consular decisions.  Our review of Department records confirmed that your husband was interviewed at the U.S. Embassy in Accra, Ghana, on October 20, 2016.  After the interview and a thorough review of his visa application, the consular officer found that the applicant was not eligible for the visa category in which he was applying.  The Petition for Alien Relative (I-130) you filed on his behalf was returned to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for their review.

Upon completing their review, USCIS will advise you of their decision.  You will be contacted by USCIS and provided an opportunity to address any issues relating to the petition.  Because the case has been returned to USCIS, the Department of State no longer has jurisdiction over it.  Any questions or concerns you may have should be directed to USCIS at 1-800-375-5283. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/17/2017 at 4:08 AM, Joetan said:

Visa applications are adjudicated on a case-by-case basis according to the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and applicable federal regulations.  The authority to issue or refuse visas is vested solely in consular officers abroad by section 104(a) of the INA.  For this reason, the Department of State in Washington, D.C. cannot overturn consular decisions.  Our review of Department records confirmed that your husband was interviewed at the U.S. Embassy in Accra, Ghana, on October 20, 2016.  After the interview and a thorough review of his visa application, the consular officer found that the applicant was not eligible for the visa category in which he was applying.  The Petition for Alien Relative (I-130) you filed on his behalf was returned to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for their review.

Upon completing their review, USCIS will advise you of their decision.  You will be contacted by USCIS and provided an opportunity to address any issues relating to the petition.  Because the case has been returned to USCIS, the Department of State no longer has jurisdiction over it.  Any questions or concerns you may have should be directed to USCIS at 1-800-375-5283. 

so basically, they can't do anything about the consulate's decision.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Timeline

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

• 6 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone 

i stop updating my timeline once my husband got a denial but anyways I files I-130 on January 29 2016 they received it and he's interviewed on November 28. I was there but had to wait outside for him for 6 hours before they put us on AP. 

• Who did you petition? My husband 
  • What country did you get denied (AP) at? Lagos,Nigeria 
  • What have you done so far? I have emailed the consulte before they returned it, contacted an immigration lawyer for advice, got my senator involved during the denial and after it came back to the uscis and contacted the ombosmen, service requested for update
  • What update do you have so far on your case? Potmac center claimed it in a email that it was at nvc but called nvc and they stated they never received anything 

• 3 months later...

Who did you petition?

My wife

What country did you get denied (AP) at?

pakistan 

What have you done so far?

my wife contact with Congressman but he didn't help us then she contact with senator and he makes inqury on behalf of us then they update our case on uscis that they receive our case and they are reviewing it and they will send us decision when they are finish reviewing

What update do you have so far on your case?

whenever my wife called the uscis they say that wait for 180 days to be finish it's soon going to finish I hope we hear from uscis soon positive feedback 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I just got at notice via text and in email on the notice to intent to revoke on yesterday 2/2/2018 at 2:33pm. Waited a long 11 months from time the file came form consulate, to Nvc and then registered back into Uscis system. Once i receive the hard copy in the mail of the notice i will update you all on the circumstances on what the co said anout the interview at the consulate..

praying for those who are waiting to get quick updates!!!

1 hour ago, Aishat919 said:

I just got at notice via text and in email on the notice to intent to revoke on yesterday 2/2/2018 at 2:33pm. Waited a long 11 months from time the file came form consulate, to Nvc and then registered back into Uscis system. Once i receive the hard copy in the mail of the notice i will update you all on the circumstances on what the co said anout the interview at the consulate..

I am sorry for what you just got so are you going to rebuttal? Us embassy put administrative processing  on my case for 9 months then they returned to uscis for revocation but uscis reviewing our case and its reach on july 2017 and it's been more then 180 days for uscis and I am still waiting for their decision how long uscis takes to give you decision?

Timeline

@Sparrow i pressured the embassy to sent the case over since they had us in AP. I read so many things on here about people cases waiting 90 days and since they told us they couldn’t issue the visa after i reached out to them and my senator i told them to send the case back. Through sending it to the consulate, then Nvc, and Uscis data it took from November 28th 2016 till March 1st 2017 for it to be back. After it returned to Nvc i waited from March 1st 2017- till February 1st 2018( 11 months) to get any response from them. It’s gonna pass 180 for some depending on consulate and what exactly they are looking for, and as you know that returned petitions with recommendations for revocation is not there first priority in line. Now I’m waiting to get the hard copy to get detailed information of what the co stated that she had recommended it for revocation. Once i get that in the mail i will update here 

• 2 years later...
Timeline
On 2/2/2018 at 12:52 AM, Aishat919 said:

HELLO, I know it's been a while but can you give me the process and timeline for when your case was returned to USCIS. My husband is from Nigeria and we have been waiting over 1 year for the case to be returned to USCIS. NVC says they have not received it back from the Embassy. This is really frustrating and I'm trying to figure out where the case is currently and how long it usually takes to be sent from Embassy in Nigeria to NVC to USCIS. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by DistressedWife

6 minutes ago, DistressedWife said:

HELLO, I know it's been a while but can you give me the process and timeline for when your case was returned to USCIS. My husband is from Nigeria and we have been waiting over 1 year for the case to be returned to USCIS. NVC says they have not received it back from the Embassy. This is really frustrating and I'm trying to figure out where the case is currently and how long it usually takes to be sent from Embassy in Nigeria to NVC to USCIS. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Precovid 6 to 12 months to hear from USCIS.  No real estimate if the consulate hasn't sent it back to the NVC yet.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.