5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Camie said:

Why dont you think it's a suffiecient time for an interview? 

For Manila, the earliest interview dates I saw were Sept 12 onwards. Just today I scheduled my interview Sept 19, a week after my medical.

She might actually have time to do the interview in Taipei! Ask her to call the US Embassy over there :)

How's your medical @Camie? What time have you arrived at slec?

11 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

My fiance is at the embassy right now! I am waiting up to hear from him. My bestie is here drinking wine with me and watching 90 Day Fiance while we wait for his phone call :jest::jest::jest:

Congratulations!!

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

7 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

VISA APPROVED!! Oh my goodness! I am SO EXCITED and RELIEVED!! He said the interview went very smoothly, even though some K3 visas ahead of him were denied. He was confident knowing how much support we had from friends, family and the VJ community. The interviewer asked him about 10 questions, such as: how many times did she visit? when did she last visit, for how long? when was the engagement? How did you meet? Where will the wedding be held? you are both Catholic? My fiance told him that I was in a convent (yes, I was a nun for almost 7 years) and that he is also very religious and spiritual. Apparently the guy was impressed that we have so much in common lol. At the end he told him, "Congratulations, your visa is approved." Such sweet words!! :wub:

October 20th he will fly to St. Louis to be with me FOREVER! That's 42 days, if you're counting! :jest:

Congratulations!!!

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

VISA APPROVED!! Oh my goodness! I am SO EXCITED and RELIEVED!! He said the interview went very smoothly, even though some K3 visas ahead of him were denied. He was confident knowing how much support we had from friends, family and the VJ community. The interviewer asked him about 10 questions, such as: how many times did she visit? when did she last visit, for how long? when was the engagement? How did you meet? Where will the wedding be held? you are both Catholic? My fiance told him that I was in a convent (yes, I was a nun for almost 7 years) and that he is also very religious and spiritual. Apparently the guy was impressed that we have so much in common lol. At the end he told him, "Congratulations, your visa is approved." Such sweet words!! :wub:

October 20th he will fly to St. Louis to be with me FOREVER! That's 42 days, if you're counting! :jest:

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys!!!!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

How's your medical @Camie? What time have you arrived at slec?

I'll be going to my medical around Monday :) Planning to go there around 4AM :)

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Timeline
On 9/8/2017 at 2:33 AM, TexasHeartsIndia said:

congrats

download.jpgdownload.pngVJ.jpg

Hello everyone:

I checked my case status online and it now says ready for interview looks like my fiancée may complete her interview and medical exam before her contract is up on October 25. For those that have gone through the process how long did it take to receive medical report from doctor after medical exam? Thanks for any insight...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
23 minutes ago, elranchero20 said:

Hello everyone:

I checked my case status online and it now says ready for interview looks like my fiancée may complete her interview and medical exam before her contract is up on October 25. For those that have gone through the process how long did it take to receive medical report from doctor after medical exam? Thanks for any insight...

Depends on the country... check the embassy website for your country. Some countries have the medical on the same day as the interview, some before, some after. For India, he had to complete it at least 7 days before the interview.

14 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Depends on the country... check the embassy website for your country. Some countries have the medical on the same day as the interview, some before, some after. For India, he had to complete it at least 7 days before the interview.

Information sheet for Taiwan suggests up to three weeks between medical exam and interview but I hope two weeks is enough for her to receive medical exam report. Thanks for the reply.

On 9/7/2017 at 7:17 AM, Sarac9 said:

So I called USCIS yesterday and requested to speak to tier 2. But I wasn't able to and The person I spoke to was really nice and helpful. Uscis received my reply to RFE on July 17th even though I sent it in much earlier. They said in order for me or my lawyer to inquire I need to wait 60 days. And usually a response is sent out within 60 days after receiving a RFE. It will be that long on September 14th. As I was saying, I called despite knowing this because I am sure people who are waiting for  NoA2 since February can understand my feelings. The person gave me the info that I already knew in a little bit more detail. She said that the website will update on the 15th or 16th this month and they should definitely send me and most of us a respond. 

Thoughts? Advice? Because I know some of you haven't even received a RFE and are waiting from February. What are you anticipating from uscis in the next 7 days? 

I think you should get an answer by the 16th of this month (key word: should)... I sent RFE in they received 6/26... Informed delivery says I'm getting a letter today, so I think you'll get something soon since I think they'll be finishing Feb filers by their next report date (9/16).

AoS (I-485, I-131, & I-765)

4/11/2018- Packet received by USCIS

4/25/2018- Check cashed (A.M.)

4/25/2018- NoA emails/texts received (8:40PM)

4/28/2018- Hard copies of NoA's received in mail.

5/7/2018- Biometrics appointment letter received.

5/17/2018- Biometrics appointment/Biometrics done.

5/21/2018- Status updated to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" (received txt/emails)

8/27/2018- Status updated to "Interview was Scheduled" (received txt/emails)

10/4/2018- EAD/AP Approved

10/9/2018- AoS Interview (Approved pending medical)

10/12/2018- AoS approved

10/12/2018- EAD/AP Card Received

10/12/2018- AoS Approved (Card in Production)

10/19/2018- Green card arrived

RoC (I-751)

7/16/2020- Packet received by USCIS

7/23/2020- Check cashed (A.M.)

7/24/2020- NoA email/text received.

8/3/2020- Hard copy of NoA received.

12/30/2020- Case transferred.

1/21/2021- Fingerprints applied.

3/19/2021- RFE

3/31/2021- New card being produced

4/1/2021- Case was approved

4/2/2021- Card was mailed

4/7/2021- Received card

18 hours ago, K1 2017 said:

I think you should get an answer by the 16th of this month (key word: should)... I sent RFE in they received 6/26... Informed delivery says I'm getting a letter today, so I think you'll get something soon since I think they'll be finishing Feb filers by their next report date (9/16).

Yup! That's what they keep telling me! Hopefully that almost all of us from February will hear a decision and a positive one. 

Your response to RFE also exceeded almost two week over the normal processing time. Did you send in an inquiry form and is it after that you're receiving a decision?  Did you go through a lawyer or on your own?If you don't mind me asking, what was your RFE for? Lastly,

Did you receive your letter? 

And thanks for your comment. Although I **should** receive a decision sometimes in a few days, it makes me hopeful and it's nice to hear. Thank you for that. 

So i got my letter from the embassy yesterday (Packet 3), what was concerning was the envelope on one end had been sliced completely open. Luckily there was an itinerary in the envelope and nothing was missing. 

Anyway... at least i don't have to worry about not having the letter for my medical :) 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.