arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, etrangais said:

Tier 2 just confirmed our I-130 was approved yesterday. No updates online nor text/emails.

I-129 F was closed last Thursday.

I'll update my timeline when I receive the notice in the mail.

Congratulations!  I know you've been waiting a long time for this!  I hope the next stage moves fast and smooth and you can start your lives together soon!  

@acidrain 

I found this article stating USCIS procedures should bundle relating files together...the case of your son's petition and yours still pending. It might be something worth mentioning next time you call USCIS.

image.png.0a72d5a3cf75a26587b76e11b5d896f3.png

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-1067/0-0-0-1095.html#0-0-0-272

Congrats to everyone who's been approved. It's bittersweet truthfully. Our PD is 02/03/2017 and we still haven't received our approval. I'm happy for everyone's approval but seeing that they are past our PD is....well....I'm sure y'all know the feeling.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Samoa
Timeline
On 11/11/2017 at 11:17 AM, LouH2017 said:

Sooooo today we got our NOA2 and we got approved which is super exciting we have being waiting 10 months and it's been pretty stressful :) . My husband got a letter to his home in the USA . I am in England and waiting on the next part to be completed and moving forward ... can anyone give me any advice as to what happens now ... they said in the letter they will contact my husband in 30 days ... I know it's down to me to complete certain aspects of my visa now ... so I just kind of wondered what happens now .. do I need to call for my case number etc ... or is is best to wait to be contacted via letter myself ... it's all so confusing I have read the guides on here I just wanna make sure I'm doing the right thing . Soooo happy to be approved though 😊😊😊😊😊

Congratulations!!!!  :jest:

1 hour ago, Kit Huber said:

344 days waiting. Oh joy. Hoping that others have better news.

So there's another case from the Philippines waiting for a very long time!  I'm nearing the one year mark :-(

8 hours ago, etrangais said:

Tier 2 just confirmed our I-130 was approved yesterday. No updates online nor text/emails.

I-129 F was closed last Thursday.

I'll update my timeline when I receive the notice in the mail.

Congratulations!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
24 minutes ago, The.Fab.Ella said:

I saw one Nov. 28, 2016 get approved November 14, 2017.  Getting my hopes up once again though it is really soooooo sloooooooooow.......

The. Fab. Ella

Can you personal message me the one that was approved today from Nov 28? Does it show case number as I’m monitoring my friends case who went to visit their spouse as couldn’t handle the seperation anymore so if it their case i will be so happy to give them the good news.

11 hours ago, The.Fab.Ella said:

So there's another case from the Philippines waiting for a very long time!  I'm nearing the one year mark :-(

Yep. Nakakapagod na.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 11/8/2017 at 7:58 PM, luckyniz said:

Hi, i am a Nebraska August 2017 Filer. I am US citizen and married in July 2017 and filed I-130 in August , PD is 16 August 2017. 

How i should file my Tax Return 2017 , married filing separately or married filing jointly. can i file joint tax return with my spouse as she is not living is USA. She is abroad now. I will appreciate all the answers and wishing all the best to all the filers. bye.

You have to do married filing separately. If you do jointly, you have to claim their foreign income. However, to do to filing separately, you still have to file a W-3 to get a tax ID number for your spouse. To do that, you need a certified copy of their passport (from their consulate). You then attach the W-3 to the front of your tax return. My spouse is here now, leaving tomorrow, and I wanted to get this done now, but it cannot be done until I file my taxes next year.

17 minutes ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

You have to do married filing separately. If you do jointly, you have to claim their foreign income. However, to do to filing separately, you still have to file a W-3 to get a tax ID number for your spouse. To do that, you need a certified copy of their passport (from their consulate). You then attach the W-3 to the front of your tax return. My spouse is here now, leaving tomorrow, and I wanted to get this done now, but it cannot be done until I file my taxes next year.

What if the US Citizen and Spouse live together abroad?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Caterpillar8 said:

What if the US Citizen and Spouse live together abroad?

It depends on if you want to claim your foreign spouse's income. Either way, you still need to get the tax ID number by filing the W-3.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.