arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Timeline
12 minutes ago, acidrain said:

I've noticed Nebraska is cleaning up a lot of older files. This morning a Morooco case NOA1 Nov 22 & a Sierra Leone case NOA1 Nov 10 were both approved. Evidence from RFE was received on a couple of newer cases Mexico NOA1 Jan 26 & Russia NOA1 Feb 2 (they are both not approved). I have noticed a pattern the past week or so Nebraska is trying finish up 2016 and are slowly approving new cases. I have not seen a huge amount of Feb cases approved on my app tracker. I will update as more cases are approved.

I noticed a case right next to mine was sent an RFE on Nov 6th.  My PD is Feb 8th.  I guess there are working on early Feb now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Samoa
Timeline

Dec. 30th filer here still waiting. Currently sitting at 313 days :mellow::mellow: I sent in a Service Request for the heck of it on 11/2 and received a confirmation email to expect a respond by 11/24...sooo we'll see how that goes. Not expecting much but something will be nice. Congrats to all the recent approvals! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Gegee said:

@Longingfor when did your visa journey predicted your approval between what days?

Last recent prediction and this was from summer said between Oct 28th and Nov 14th if my memory serves me well. It kept moving by a day sometimes forward sometimes back. 

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I just got my noa 1, my petition was sent to Nebraska..... 

I am trying really hard to stay positive about it, but reading this thread has me really down. 

If nebraska is so far behind why are they still sending petitions there? And it seems like most petitions go to Nebraska or Potomac? 

So sad....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Arisa said:

I am trying really hard to stay positive about it, but reading this thread has me really down. 

If nebraska is so far behind why are they still sending petitions there? And it seems like most petitions go to Nebraska or Potomac? 

So sad....

I feel bad for you as I’ve been stuck in NSC since Nov 2016 and still no approval. 

I don’t understand why petitions still get mailed to them since they are so backlogged. 

During this process you will suffer with many emotions and frustrations.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Arisa said:

So sad....

Welcome to the group. Today marks 275 days of waiting for me while my son's IR2 petition has already been approved.

Nebraska is a disaster. For some reason California who was one of the main processing centers does not process regular i130's anymore. It leaves Vermont, Potomac and Texas as the other 3 centers. On my app I have seen a few cases transferred from Vermont. So I wonder if Vermont is not processing many cases. Nebraska from what I understand processes the bulk share and then Texas and then Potomac. Potomac is actually a fairly new processing center but by far the most efficient with about 5-6 months waiting time.

When I first started the process in Feb it only took 5 months at that time. Then it has slipped to 6, 7, 8 and now over 9 months. Many of us in this group have sent letters to the heads of USCIS, Ombudsman and our political offices. I wish I had an answer as to why that center has turned into a gong show. Many of us have sent in service requests to deal with cases that have gone over processing times or other issues to no response. It is almost like Nebraska approves petitions whenever they damn well feel like it and ignores everyone around them.

I did find an article within the last year or two that says there has been a rotation of heads at the Nebraska Service Center. I wonder if their disorganization has something to do with a lack of leadership. I cannot believe they are not coming up with an adequate plan to deal with the backlog of petitions. At the rate it is going it is moving toward a 10 month approval. If nothing is done I could easily see the new normal being 12 months just for the i130 alone. Just this past month alone the processing times only moved FIVE DAYS in a 1 month period.

I had no idea it could even take this long. We may have approached the entire situation differently had we known what we were dealing with. USCIS as a whole should be embarrassed.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mme ab said:

It is a big desaster, for those who are in US, you have to do something because Nebraska service center is killing us slowly, talk about it in the TV.

It’s more then a disaster. Nebraska has everyone of us emotionally a train wreck. 

Timeline
Just now, Mme ab said:

I can't imagine other service centers just 5 or 6 months but Nebraska takes a year, and in a country like United State of America nothing did.

We here in United States are even not understanding why Nebraska is slow or even excepting any new petitions until they catch up. Think abt this... I’m a Nov 2016 filer and still waiting for approval. 

Hi, i am a Nebraska August 2017 Filer. I am US citizen and married in July 2017 and filed I-130 in August , PD is 16 August 2017. 

How i should file my Tax Return 2017 , married filing separately or married filing jointly. can i file joint tax return with my spouse as she is not living is USA. She is abroad now. I will appreciate all the answers and wishing all the best to all the filers. bye.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.