arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

so , i got my response back ,  from , case outside of normal processing time "  request submit 

not that I was expecting anything but just got their Typical reply lol 

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. If after 60 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at the number provided below." 

but figure i try anyways since it let me submit the inquiry lol being that my PD is April 3rd  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Day 273 of waiting. My son was approved on Oct 21. I am starting to panic as my son's case moves to NVC without mine. My question was do I put my son's file through? If so does this mean two separate consulate interviews and flying to the other side of the continent TWICE? Twice the airfare? How long does NVC even hold a file? Why was my son's petition approved when it was in the same envelope as mine and I am still waiting? I cannot believe what is going on.

My husband who can be passive finally had enough and got on the phone today to ask what is going on. So this was his day:

1) Call #1 was made to Tier 1 this morning. He goes through and explains the situation. Tier 1 says they will connect with Tier 2. So after 15 minutes of being on the phone my spouse is transferred to Tier 2. While he is waiting an automated message says "due to the high volume of calls your call will be disconnected. Try back again later". THEN THE CALL DISCONNECTED!

2) Call #2 was made to Tier 1 this afternoon as my spouse went to work. He spoke to Tier 1 and explained he was disconnected. So he was transferred to Tier 2 once again. This time it asked to confirm his phone number which he did and the robot said it would call him back. THIS WAS OVER 4 HOURS AGO.

3) Call #3 was made to Tier 1 after waiting 3 hours with no call back. He speaks to Tier 1 and says he didn't get a call so can I please talk to Tier 2? The woman says USCIS shuts down between shifts and then re-opens later in the evening. Except this evening they were SHUT DOWN FOR THE NIGHT (Tier 2) only.

4) Call #4 was made to Tier 1 after this persons excuse sounded flimsy. So my spouse calls again and asks if Tier 1 can put through an expedite for our case. She says we don't qualify and does not understand why both applications need to be approved at the same time. My spouse asks to speak to Tier 2... AGAIN. Tier 1 says she cannot transfer the call because Tier 2 is OVERWHELMED WITH CALLS AND CANNOT KEEP UP TO THE DEMAND. Are you kidding me??? We paid $1,070 for our 2 i130 applications and after 4 phone calls cannot talk to Tier 2? What is going on???

We emailed the Nebraska Service center but got an auto reply that they do not even look at an email if you don't have a service request. Our situation of course does not match any of the service requests because we are still within normal processing times. I am at an absolute loss on what is going on with USCIS. Now they are shutting down their call center at FIVE O'CLOCK when they are supposed to shut down at EIGHT O'CLOCK!!!! What a joke!

Timeline
51 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Day 273 of waiting. My son was approved on Oct 21. I am starting to panic as my son's case moves to NVC without mine. My question was do I put my son's file through? If so does this mean two separate consulate interviews and flying to the other side of the continent TWICE? Twice the airfare? How long does NVC even hold a file? Why was my son's petition approved when it was in the same envelope as mine and I am still waiting? I cannot believe what is going on.

My husband who can be passive finally had enough and got on the phone today to ask what is going on. So this was his day:

1) Call #1 was made to Tier 1 this morning. He goes through and explains the situation. Tier 1 says they will connect with Tier 2. So after 15 minutes of being on the phone my spouse is transferred to Tier 2. While he is waiting an automated message says "due to the high volume of calls your call will be disconnected. Try back again later". THEN THE CALL DISCONNECTED!

2) Call #2 was made to Tier 1 this afternoon as my spouse went to work. He spoke to Tier 1 and explained he was disconnected. So he was transferred to Tier 2 once again. This time it asked to confirm his phone number which he did and the robot said it would call him back. THIS WAS OVER 4 HOURS AGO.

3) Call #3 was made to Tier 1 after waiting 3 hours with no call back. He speaks to Tier 1 and says he didn't get a call so can I please talk to Tier 2? The woman says USCIS shuts down between shifts and then re-opens later in the evening. Except this evening they were SHUT DOWN FOR THE NIGHT (Tier 2) only.

4) Call #4 was made to Tier 1 after this persons excuse sounded flimsy. So my spouse calls again and asks if Tier 1 can put through an expedite for our case. She says we don't qualify and does not understand why both applications need to be approved at the same time. My spouse asks to speak to Tier 2... AGAIN. Tier 1 says she cannot transfer the call because Tier 2 is OVERWHELMED WITH CALLS AND CANNOT KEEP UP TO THE DEMAND. Are you kidding me??? We paid $1,070 for our 2 i130 applications and after 4 phone calls cannot talk to Tier 2? What is going on???

We emailed the Nebraska Service center but got an auto reply that they do not even look at an email if you don't have a service request. Our situation of course does not match any of the service requests because we are still within normal processing times. I am at an absolute loss on what is going on with USCIS. Now they are shutting down their call center at FIVE O'CLOCK when they are supposed to shut down at EIGHT O'CLOCK!!!! What a joke!

I can understand your frustration.  I know it might not matter now but why didn't your son get his citizenship directly through your husband?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Toronto2017 said:

I can understand your frustration.  I know it might not matter now but why didn't your son get his citizenship directly through your husband?

My spouse is a US citizen who has not lived in the US as an adult for 5 years. So we were forced to do a IR2 with citizenship activating upon entry.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, acidrain said:

My spouse is a US citizen who has not lived in the US as an adult for 5 years. So we were forced to do a IR2 with citizenship activating upon entry.

Ok. That makes sense.  My PD is Feb 9th. I got this alert from the app.  It seems like they are processing Feb 9th now.

Screenshot_2017-11-06-21-53-44.png

Timeline

They are all over the place. There was a Feb 13 case approved today as well. I am Feb 6 and I have yet to be approved but my son who has the same NOA1 was approved.

Edited by acidrain

2 hours ago, Toronto2017 said:

Ok. That makes sense.  My PD is Feb 9th. I got this alert from the app.  It seems like they are processing Feb 9th now.

Screenshot_2017-11-06-21-53-44.png

Hello what app are you using? Any chance putting up a link? I use an app too but I think it's different. Thank you,

10/27/2012 got married

2 dogs n 5 cats later....

➺ 03/28/2017 I-130 Sent

➺ 04/3/2017  NOA-1

------------------------a whoping 261 days later

➺ 12/20/2017 NOA-2 Date

➺ 01/02/2018 Case sent to NVC

==============================NVC======================================

➺ 01/23/18 Case number and IIN assigned! 

➺ 01/25/18 DS-261, choice of agent  filled 

➺ 01/26/18 AOS bill invoiced

➺ 01/27/18 AOS paid 

➺ 02/01/18 IV bill invoiced and paid

➺ 02/07/18  DS-260 completed and submitted

➺ 05/11/18 AOS and IV packages sent (EMS from Indonesia)

➺ 05/16/18 IV and AOS package delivered to NVC

➺ 05/23/18 Got CC at NVC!  

=============================EMBASSY=====================================

➺ 05/31/18  Interview date assigned 

➺ 06/29/18 Medical Check (a week later the RS.Premier Bintaro sent the result to US Embassy)

➺ 07/31/18  interview!-- CEAC showed "Issued" a day later

➺ 08/03/18 Visa in hand

➺ 12/16/18 Point of entry: Houston

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, vistajones said:

Hello what app are you using? Any chance putting up a link? I use an app too but I think it's different. Thank you,

Uscis app by spinach

• USCIS
  • 05/23/16      Married:                    
  • Chicago      Lock-box:                   
  • 09/16/16      Sent on ---               
  • 09/19/16      Received ---   
  • 09/20/16      NOA1 notice           
  • 09/26/16      NOA1 hardcopy 
  • Sent to :      Nebraska Service Center
  • Transferred to: Potomac Service Center  02/15/17
  • 07/20/17       NOA2  
  • 07/24/17       NOA2  hardcopy 
  • NVC
  • 07/27/17       Case sent to NVC
  • 07/31/17       Case received at NVC
  • 08/03/17       Received welcome e-mail with case and invoice number
  • 08/04/17       AOS invoiced 
  • 08/04/17       Completed DS-261
  • 08/04/17       AOS paid
  • 08/11/17       Name updated to married name
  • 08/11/17       iV Invoiced
  • 08/28/17       IV fes paid
  • 09/02/17      Completed DS-260 & Received confirmation from NVC
  • 09/18/17      Sent AOS and IV package
  • 09/22/17       NVC received package 
  • 11/07/17       Case Complete
  • 11/08/17       Checklist
  • 11/15/17       Case in queue for interview date
  • 11/29/17       Call and date was given for interview
  • 12/04/17       Received confirmation for medical appointment
  • KNG CONSULATE 
  • 12/11/17       Documents en-route to Kingston consulate
  • 12/12/17       Case status shows ready for interview
  • 01/02/18       Medical
  • 01/16/18       Interview APPROVED :jest: :D
  • 01/19/18      Visa package ready to be picked up at DHL   :rolleyes:
  • 02/02/18      P.O.E Fort Lauderdale
  • 02/02/18      Jacksonville Airport
  •  
  • 3 KIDS IMMIGRATION BEGINS
  • 05/0/18      Sent on ---               
  • 05/07/18    Received ---   
  • 05/11/18    NOA1 notice           
  • 05/18/18    NOA1 hardcopy 
  • Sent to :       POTOMAC
  • 10/30/18     RFE for my 6 yr old (request evidence for his 2 marriage certificates 😡, at what age he been married twice, my husband submitted his with application which is where uscis got mixed up)
  •  11/08/18    Evidence sent
  • 11/27/18     Status changed back to "Case was received"
  • 12/17/18     Requested expedite via phone (tier 1 said we can do this based on USCIS mistake an my sons illness)
  • 01/09/19    Approval
  • 01/14/19.   USCIS tier 1 told us the kids were approved an notice was mailed
  • 01/16/19.   Hard copy NOA2
  • 01/22/19.   Updated on website "sent to NVC"
  • 01/29/19.   NVC received kids case from USCIS
  • 03/12/19.   Received welcome letter with case and invoice number
  • 03/17/19.   Paid AOS
  • 03/18/19.   Paid IV Fees
  • 03/25/19.   Son (6) approved for expedite for medical reasons but not my other kids.
  • 03/26/19.    NVC said we should email NVC expedite an tell them we need all three done at the same time as it's a financial burden to make two trips to Jamaica for interview. Which we did now the wait begins. Son case already sent to Jamaica embassy 
  • 04/01/19.   Daughters approved for expedite and sent to Jamaica (embassy) 👌
  • 04/05/19.   Received interview date for May 10, 8am. Registered their interview and emailed Andrews Hospital to schedule their appointments.
  • 04/26/19.    Medical appointment date 8am.
  • 05/10/19.    Interview 8am approved.  🎉🎊..
  • 05/11/19.    Status changed to AP
  • 05/13/19.    Status changed to ISSUED
  • 05/15/19.    2 youngest kids passport picked up by their dad
  • 05/16/19.     Eldest child passport picked up by her dad
  • 07/19/19.     P.O.E Atlanta 

• ROC
  • Texas.        Lock-Box
  • 11/23/19.    Sent I-751 / biometric fee
  • 11/26/19.    Received 
  • Sent to       Texas Service Center (SRC) 
  • 12/03/19.    Received text
  • 12/07/19.    Received 18 months extension letter
  • 12/12/19.    Case updated to case transferred to another service center now I’m awaiting letter
  • 12//19.     Received notice of transfer
  • Transferred to  National Benefits Center 
  • 01/31/20.     Biometrics Jacksonville  (had to reschedule)
  • 02/19/20.      New biometrics date in Jacksonville 
  • 04/08/20       Status changed to Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
  • 03/22/21.     Status updated with interview date 4/20/21
  • 04/20/21.     I-751 interview at 7:45am Charleston SC Approved for 10yr GC.
  •  
  • N-400 Citizenship 
  • 03/12/21.     Applied online for citizenship wait period 6 months (September 2021) National Benefits Center 
  • 03/21/21.    Received letter of acceptance 
  • 10/28/21.     Case updated to interview scheduled
  • 10/29/21.      Status updated to case needs attention 
  • 10/29/21.      Interview at 1:15pn 12/01/21 Charleston SC
  • 11/01/21      interview descheduled
  • 11/02/21       interview rescheduled to 12/03/21 @8:45am Charleston
  • 12/03/21      I drove 3 hours for my interview only to be told my file wasn't there and I'd have to be rescheduled for another interview. they weren't sure if it would be possible before the holiday. He even said he wasn't sure why they didn't do both interviews that very day when i did removal of conditions interview.  
  • 01/07/22.     Interview rescheduled for 02/14/22 @1:30pm Charleston SC.
  • 02/14/22.      Passed my interview. Now await oath ceremony.
  • 11/02/22.      Letter mailed with oath ceremony date and time 
  • 11/08/22.      Received letter oath ceremony scheduled for 11/15/22 @9am Charleston 
  • 11/15/22.      Oath Ceremony in Charleston (finally a citizen of the USA 🇺🇸) 🥳🍾

Thank you :)

10/27/2012 got married

2 dogs n 5 cats later....

➺ 03/28/2017 I-130 Sent

➺ 04/3/2017  NOA-1

------------------------a whoping 261 days later

➺ 12/20/2017 NOA-2 Date

➺ 01/02/2018 Case sent to NVC

==============================NVC======================================

➺ 01/23/18 Case number and IIN assigned! 

➺ 01/25/18 DS-261, choice of agent  filled 

➺ 01/26/18 AOS bill invoiced

➺ 01/27/18 AOS paid 

➺ 02/01/18 IV bill invoiced and paid

➺ 02/07/18  DS-260 completed and submitted

➺ 05/11/18 AOS and IV packages sent (EMS from Indonesia)

➺ 05/16/18 IV and AOS package delivered to NVC

➺ 05/23/18 Got CC at NVC!  

=============================EMBASSY=====================================

➺ 05/31/18  Interview date assigned 

➺ 06/29/18 Medical Check (a week later the RS.Premier Bintaro sent the result to US Embassy)

➺ 07/31/18  interview!-- CEAC showed "Issued" a day later

➺ 08/03/18 Visa in hand

➺ 12/16/18 Point of entry: Houston

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

How many January Nebraska filers are still left? We're the 25th January. We have been married since 2012 and our daughter is an American citizen. My wife is from Ireland. It's a fecking joke that these Nebraska feckers can't get off their good-for-nothing asses and just process straight-forward that I could pay a drunk monkey to do. It's altering life and career plans as I have to now turn down a research offer in January in fear that the delay might continue. I applied a year in advance for this research position thinking that was plenty of time and yet here we are, our lives being dictated by Nebraska, where dreams go to die. Beyond frustrated - it's insanely unfair.

Edited by manseca

17 minutes ago, manseca said:

How many January Nebraska filers are still left? We're the 25th January. We have been married since 2012 and our daughter is an American citizen. My wife is from Ireland. It's a fecking joke that these Nebraska feckers can't get off their good-for-nothing asses and just process straight-forward that I could pay a drunk monkey to do. It's altering life and career plans as I have to now turn down a research offer in January in fear that the delay might continue. I applied a year in advance for this research position thinking that was plenty of time and yet here we are, our lives being dictated by Nebraska, where dreams go to die. Beyond frustrated - it's insanely unfair.

I understand the frustration however USCIS and NVC always say to not make any plans in the US without a visa stamped on the passport. Moreover, it is not 100% guaranteed that a I-130 or a visa will be approved I believe.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Caterpillar8 said:

I understand the frustration however USCIS and NVC always say to not make any plans in the US without a visa stamped on the passport. Moreover, it is not 100% guaranteed that a I-130 or a visa will be approved I believe.

So, as an American citizen with an American daughter, I'm not meant to make plans in my home country, because my wife of 5 years is from another country; yet we have store-bought spouses left and right in certain countries where old fecks are cherry-picking partners? If we would concentrate resources on actually taking care of the real family members of actual American citizens, the process wouldn't be so bogged down.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, manseca said:

So, as an American citizen with an American daughter, I'm not meant to make plans in my home country, because my wife of 5 years is from another country; yet we have store-bought spouses left and right in certain countries where old fecks are cherry-picking partners? If we would concentrate resources on actually taking care of the real family members of actual American citizens, the process wouldn't be so bogged down.

We are in the same boat.  We are married for almost 12 years with 2 American citizen kids. We are not able to plan for anything because you never know when Nebraska is going to put their act together and approve the damn application. It's so frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.