Chardon Ne'

Life after VJ

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

There is no life after VJ

Only death.

Don't you mean, "Only deportation"?

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's very sweet of you, Dear, but you simply don't know me well enough yet. :devil:

For us, returning to dealing with USCIS (for AOS et al.) was a genuine relief. Am still too angry (after 8+ years) to write my consular review, but when I do, your computer will melt.

This is the wurst that I've ever heard.

Policeman calls his station. "I'm at a house where the wife shot her husband because he walked on her freshly mopped floor."

Dispatcher: "Did you arrest her?"

Policeman: "Not yet -- the floor's still wet

I didnt say you were always nice, I said fair as a moderator that is lol.

Don't you mean, "Only deportation"?

:rofl:

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Going on 5 years as a member for me here on VJ. I did a lot of reading on VJ for info before I actually joined. My wife completed her AOS and received her gc the same month I joined. I have learned a lot since being here and I like helping out when I can. I also don't mind mixing it up in the CEHST forum with a few of the VJ regulars. I have made quite a few internet friends on VJ, there's a lot of good folks here.

I don't see myself leaving any time soon. The mods might think otherwise. :lol:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Going on 5 years as a member for me here on VJ. I did a lot of reading on VJ for info before I actually joined. My wife completed her AOS and received her gc the same month I joined. I have learned a lot since being here and I like helping out when I can. I also don't mind mixing it up in the CEHST forum with a few of the VJ regulars. I have made quite a few internet friends on VJ, there's a lot of good folks here.

I don't see myself leaving any time soon. The mods might think otherwise. :lol:

I had never heard of CEHST prior to posting this thread and I have since gone to visit and I must say whoa. Even as an culturally competent American woman I was shocked at some of the topics they discussed. Yeah Ill stick with the immigration forums. Sheesh lol

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Heres my pretty boy, 5.5 months!

20161123_142651-704x1250_zps5hyfwxbp.jpg

20161123_145034-907x1612_zpsmhyqblse.jpg

About 55lbs and 24" tall

Beautiful Doberman Niki. And good on ya for not cropping the ears.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I had never heard of CEHST prior to posting this thread and I have since gone to visit and I must say whoa. Even as an culturally competent American woman I was shocked at some of the topics they discussed. Yeah Ill stick with the immigration forums. Sheesh lol

Go back in time, currently not representative, things are very quite. And tame.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Go back in time, currently not representative, things are very quite. And tame.

There's quite a few CEHST "All Stars" that have gone on to greener pastures. The forum is very tame now compared to when I first joined.

Beautiful Doberman Niki. And good on ya for not cropping the ears.

Thank you. We think it makes him look more approachable and friendly. I can't wait for him to fill out! Should end up around 28" and 80lbs(ish)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

There's quite a few CEHST "All Stars" that have gone on to greener pastures. The forum is very tame now compared to when I first joined.

Christ, you should have seen the old Off Topic. It was utterly terrifying. I didn't dare post in there the first three years I was on VJ.

I'm closing in on my 10th VJversary in February. The only step left I have is convincing my now ex-husband, the person for whom I not only joined VJ but also left a great job in the UK so that we could return to a land that would eventually be ruled by a festering Cheeto, to file for citizenship. I stick around to occasionally give a little advice, but mostly to be a smart alec in CEHST.

Also, Niki, I am in love with your puppeh!!! He is dreamy. (L)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Be some good stories on here sometimes.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I said fair as a moderator that is lol.

Ruining my reputation! Reported!!! :lol:

I don't see myself leaving any time soon. The mods might think otherwise.

(T-B. busies self pre-preparing relevant company-man materials)

The [CEHST] forum is very tame now

(T-B., to self: :bonk::bonk::bonk: )

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Thank you. We think it makes him look more approachable and friendly. I can't wait for him to fill out! Should end up around 28" and 80lbs(ish)

Dobermans are awesome dogs and very friendly. I think they get a bad rap for being mean because people crop their ears and turn them into guard dogs. 80lbs is a good size for a Doberman. We have two dogs over 75lbs in our house, one German Shepard and one Golden Retriever. Sometimes when they horse around in the house it sounds like a herd of cattle is moving through.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've been on since at least 2005. This is my third incarnation (every so often, I forget my password). I can see my second profile, Sofiyya, but, haven't yet convinced Cap'n to let me have it back.

Edited by marriedimorocco

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Been here on and off for some time. Changed my name and removed my profile picture for personal reasons. I'm not very active anymore but will probably be more active when it is time for removal of conditions and eventually citizenship. Try to be helpful but I kind of left for a while as some people here become quite hostile while waiting for their significant other.