2,670 posts in this topic

Just now, amillimo said:

Thank you so much for answering my question so quickly @geowrian I know this is going to be a stupid question but what is CSC

No problem. CSC is the California Service Center, where they process applications and petitions.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@geowrianWow ? and all this time I was think our packet was at the Texas lockbox I can't wait to tell my fiancé this news thanks for the insight again Geo and for the daily updates!!! We watch them like a hawk ?

6 minutes ago, amillimo said:

@geowrianWow ? and all this time I was think our packet was at the Texas lockbox I can't wait to tell my fiancé this news thanks for the insight again Geo and for the daily updates!!! We watch them like a hawk ?

Ah. Nope, Texas is just the lockbox as of around 2014 (TSC processed I-129Fs back then too). They take in the data, cash the checks, do basic checks, and scan the forms there. The service center should have been mentioned in your NOA1 (near the bottom left corner).

Assuming it is CSC, I suggest updating your timeline (and no need to mark it as "transferred" to CSC...it would have always been CSC). This should update the estimated timeframe on your VJ timeline.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, amillimo said:

Thank you so much for answering my question so quickly @geowrian I know this is going to be a stupid question but what is CSC

10 minutes ago, amillimo said:

@amillimo Hi, CSC is the acronym for Carlifonia Service Center. Hope your NOA2 comes soon. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Ah. Nope, Texas is just the lockbox as of around 2014 (TSC processed I-129Fs back then too). They take in the data, cash the checks, do basic checks, and scan the forms there. The service center should have been mentioned in your NOA1 (near the bottom left corner).

Assuming it is CSC, I suggest updating your timeline (and no need to mark it as "transferred" to CSC...it would have always been CSC). This should update the estimated timeframe on your VJ timeline.

?Wow your totally right I just looked at the paperwork your a heaven sent @geowrian it was right there like you said... now I can only keep my fingers crossed I'm going to update my timeline right now @PrisEri thank you for the info I just looked over our packet again and I don't really see any reason for a rfe so I just hope we get our noa2 ??❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, geowrian said:

It's hard to guess what will happen in the future, but I'd assume the processing rate will roughly continue the same pattern at least for the coming weeks. Nov. had about 4400 I-129Fs, while Dec. "only" has about 4,000. Roughly 10% of the cases tend to be rejected almost immediately for things such as wrong/missing payment, wrong form., missing signatures, etc. The vast majority of the rest go through roughly the same processing time (with a spread of 2-3 weeks). There's always outliers that get processed earlier or later than that timeframe. This can be seen with the few remaining Oct. 31st and early Nov. filers - 105 left and only a handful getting processed each day now. At the current rate, I am seeing ~176 cases being worked on per working day over the past 2 weeks. This means it will take about 18 working days to process most Dec. filers (4000 total * 90% accepted * 85% coverage within a 3 week spread). Note that this does not mean 18 days from today - only a few Dec. filers are being processed per day still. We probably have another week or 2 (my guess) before we start really hitting Dec. filers (887 unworked cases left in Nov => ~7 working days to hit that target coverage zone).

Edit: Please quote or tag me if you want me to see something. There's too much activity going on for me to actively watch this filers' thread as well. :) Thank you.

Yay! Hats off to your detailed response, @geowrian! I knew it, you have answers to that. Thank you so much for the figures. Big help. We all do appreciate your efforts trying to answer queries the best way you can. That won't go unnoticed. :) ?

8days to process 'most' of Dec. Plus 7days to target finishing 'unprocessed Novs.' Total of 15days. With that, safest humble estimate for my case (receipt date dec28) could still be a month from today, or late April to mid-May. Again, thank you, Geo. ??

1 minute ago, AlohaDestiny said:

Yay! Hats off to your detailed response, @geowrian! I knew it, you have answers to that. Thank you so much for the figures. Big help. We all do appreciate your efforts trying to answer queries the best way you can. That won't go unnoticed. :) ?

8days to process 'most' of Dec. Plus 7days to target finishing 'unprocessed Novs.' Total of 15days. With that, safest humble estimate for my case (receipt date dec28) could still be a month from today, or late April to mid-May. Again, thank you, Geo. ??

18* days + 7 days = 25 days. :P

No problem!

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline
5 minutes ago, geowrian said:

No problem!

just took a second look at my receipt and figured out my noa1 date isn't nov 30 but dec 07:mellow:.....yeah i know...but thanks to @geowrian i feel better knowing all this information so now i can really call myself a December filer :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, AlohaDestiny said:

11 minutes ago, geowrian said:

No problem!

haha was trying to rush edit my reply from 8 to 18 but i just couldn't, too late hahaha... Sorry. ? Ty for correcting. Yup, 25 working days from today. I won't expect something 'til late April :) God bless, Geo. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey there,

December filler!

hope you all doing well , any good news of NOA2?

Plz share the documents that you are gonna prepare for the I-134 Affidavit of support.

my fiancé is a Self employed , you think what documents he has to prepare for the affidavit of support ? 

Any help will will be strongly appreciated. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Preparing the following docs:

* Tax transcripts for 2013, 2014, 2015

* Tax Notice of Extension for 2016 by accountant

* Bank Statements (Deposits and Current/Opening date: Domicile)

* Property Value

* Cover Letter explaining to Officer Financials

* Copy of my lease (Domicile)

* Credit Card Statements (Domicile)

* Copy of CA Drivers License (Domicile)

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys, I'm a December filer, got an RFE on the 24th Feb sadly, however looks like December is certainly being worked on now, so good luck to everyone waiting to hear from them. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Animosus said:

Hey guys, I'm a December filer, got an RFE on the 24th Feb sadly, however looks like December is certainly being worked on now, so good luck to everyone waiting to hear from them. 

Thank you for the update.  Was the date on RFE 24th?  My NOA1 was Dec. 27, still need to wait for another month I guess :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Just now, NAT2016 said:

Thank you for the update.  Was the date on RFE 24th?  My NOA1 was Dec. 27, still need to wait for another month I guess :(

Yep, hopefully should get the RFE mail today. Gives a bit of time to fix it up before I head home. 

My NOA1 was 2nd December so sadly you may be waiting a while. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, Animosus said:

Yep, hopefully should get the RFE mail today. Gives a bit of time to fix it up before I head home. 

My NOA1 was 2nd December so sadly you may be waiting a while. 

Good luck mate! Been following the daily updates and see that @geowrian has added about 1100 December NOA1s. Looking forward for positive updates from all those waiting! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.