132 posts in this topic

I am going out on a limb.......

I highly doubt hes using you to pay everything. I can almost bet if your being asked to pay these bills hes paying others...you OBVIOUSLY dont have a perception of maintaining a household in the USA...

Most people work just to pay bills and $50 dollars left is a luxury.

Are you even sure he can even add you to insurance yet? Most insurances have a enrollment period.

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am going out on a limb.......

I highly doubt hes using you to pay everything. I can almost bet if your being asked to pay these bills hes paying others...you OBVIOUSLY dont have a perception of maintaining a household in the USA...

Most people work just to pay bills and $50 dollars left is a luxury.

Are you even sure he can even add you to insurance yet? Most insurances have a enrollment period.

no he said get your own you can afford it

Timeline

So most of you agreed that I have to pay half of the rent and full amount of gass bill and electricity amd cabel and he should only pay for his car and helf of the rent is this fair thank you is this because im not USC im the foriener i have to pay for everything thank you all

Edited by Ciyara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

So most of you agreed that I have to pay half of the rent and full amount of gass bill and electricity amd cabel and he should only pay for his car and helf of the rent is this fair thank you is this because im not USC im the foriener i have to pay for everything thank you all

Thats not what people are saying. But also there is much more bills then that. Insurance, for health, car, house and so on.

I'm a number geek and for me I need an overview of all bills. Have you tried that so you can actually see ALL the bills and how much it is also do it with income it will give you a clear view of all the money.

Have you offered him that you guys have one joint account that all bills will be paid from and then each of you can transfer to that account from your personal accounts?

You guys really need to sit done and talk about all of the money/bill stuff because it can really put a strain on a marriage if that is not sorted out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really don't recall anybody saying that. but it's not uncommon for two people to work together to pay the bills in a household. The amount of money should be relative to how much you make, of course the person who makes more should pay more it's working together as a team to have a life together. I am of course assuming that you want a life with this person, if you don't then get out and find somebody that will offer you what you're looking for. If you decide to leave the marriage make sure you find somebody that is what you're looking for and you're what they are looking.

It sounds like you want your husband to be someone he isnt. Some people dont show a lot of emotion. He sounds like he's worried about paying all the bills and wants help and I think you're exaggerating what he's asking. I dont believe for a second you only make $90 a week working full time. Often it is much cheaper to get separate insurance. Bills come first, new clothes come second and there are always 2nd hand stores for cheaper versions.

Either accept your husband as he is, or leave. Pick a direction you want to live your life. Either way this isnt an immigration issue. You have your 2 year card and roc on your own when the time comes

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I really don't recall anybody saying that. but it's not uncommon for two people to work together to pay the bills in a household. The amount of money should be relative to how much you make, of course the person who makes more should pay more it's working together as a team to have a life together. I am of course assuming that you want a life with this person, if you don't then get out and find somebody that will offer you what you're looking for. If you decide to leave the marriage make sure you find somebody that is what you're looking for and you're what they are looking.

i only make 300$ a week , i pay for my transportation because I don't drive 125 $ a week plus he makes more then i make , o asked for joining account so we can start saving together for the future he said no everyone save on his own bank account I tried most of thought that i want someone to pay all and do everything no i don't of you said fair its need to be fair i don't mind paying but not everything , and he makes more than i make

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hola Ciyara,

IMHO- You and your husband got married without taking in consideration the key points of a relationship, communication. Ideally, two people who get married, need to lay down all expectations (economical, financial and otherwise). Some people who don't have these discussions still figure things out as they go along and they are happy. Some other people cannot figure it out because they realized they cannot compromise on what they both want, turning the marriage a battlefield.

1) Have you discussed this topic with your husband? If my husband did something to me that I do not agree on or if he expects me to do something I don't agree on, you bet your sweet bottom I will be making myself heard.

2) What do you expect from your husband? It seems you would want him to be more caring towards you. Someone who isn't caring, is not about to start being caring because you want them to. Don't expect to change a person.

3) Do you want to stay married for the sake of being married? You can change your stars. You and you only. If it doesn't work, get a divorce, before it's too late and you get pregnant thinking it will save your marriage.. IT WON'T

4) Are you concerned about your immigration status? Once divorced you can still remove your conditions. You will simply have to show that you entered the marriage in good faith.

The solutions to your predicament are there. Think about what you want, communicate it to the one you said those vows to (whatever it may be) and try to be happy... or not.. it's your life.

Timeline

It sounds like you want your husband to be someone he isnt. Some people dont show a lot of emotion. He sounds like he's worried about paying all the bills and wants help and I think you're exaggerating what he's asking. I dont believe for a second you only make $90 a week working full time. Often it is much cheaper to get separate insurance. Bills come first, new clothes come second and there are always 2nd hand stores for cheaper versions.

Either accept your husband as he is, or leave. Pick a direction you want to live your life. Either way this isnt an immigration issue. You have your 2 year card and roc on your own when the time comes

90$ was my first job that's what i said not now the work that I have right now is different I didn't have clothes

You spend 125 a week on transportation when you are not driving yourself? So 25 dollars a day in transpo? Do you try to take the bus? Rideshare? Cut your bills first. 300 a week is 7.50 an hour, are you sure you are working full time since I do not believe this is even minimum wage.

Do you really need cable TV? I honestly know about 4 people who still have this bill, most people have cut the cable years ago.

I think you really need to either go to counseling, or talk to a lawyer.

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.