willow1948

Married to permanent green card holder 9yrs 2mo's found out he Fathered a child who is now 7 yrs old during our marriage with another woman.

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks to everyone on their replies. My ex husband lied to me alot. He thought he was in fact concealing his double life and he did quite well, but I can read a little Spanish and 2 times caught him with his cell phone and a woman had emailed him 2 months after his 14 month wait in Mexico to get his green card. I approached him about this so obviously he was already involved with another US citizen of Mexican heritage even before he left for Mexico. I traveled to Ciudad Juarez to join him to pick up his packet at the American Embassy, we picked up the packet and crossed the border on December 4, 2006. 2 months after he got back home to our house in Dallas, Tx on Valentines Day, I had gone to pick up donuts in his SUV and discovered in the seat a CD with a womans hand writing in silver ink written in Spanish to Mi Amor S.........l and professing her love to him. This is only 8 wks after his return from a 14 month absence. I approached him about this and he denied and lied and said a friend of his did this as a joke. From that point on I didn't trust him. So 7 years later we divorced, 4 of those years were brutal. He would cuss me out on a daily basis, call me names, told me not to bother him on his cell phone. When we would go out to dinner he never talked to me but would constantly be texting this woman the entire time we were at the restaurant. At the end of our marriage and his numerous throwing food at me across the counter and I quit cooking and threatened my life I kicked him out. He paid for our divorce willingly and not 3 yrs later have opened a Pandora's box. He even admitted to me over private messaging that the little girl in the picture is his Daughter born out of wedlock as illigetiment. I had no clue, but this is bitter sweet. I carried him on my work health insurance and it costs me $110 a month and he never offered to reimburse me. I was so hurt during our divorce that I didn't ask for the $9200 back over 7 years. Now that I have found this out I am seriously thinking of hiring an Atty. to sue him to recoup this monies. He had BCBS full coverage medical and dental insurance and even had a back surgery. Look how I ended up. Taken advantage of. This is enough to really make a decent woman really emotionally sick even though we are divorced. I really appreciate everyones input. Think I'll contact the Attorney who did his papers for us to see if he can find out if he has already Naturalized with USCIS knowing he had fathered a child out of wedlock while we were still married. His admission in writing I still have from FB private posts. That is enough to really get him into trouble. This is just one BAD example how a person wasted 10 years of their life for what,,,,,emotional devastation. Thanks again!

ummmmmm why would he be under any obligation to pay you back for having him on your health insurance plan? Answer: He isn't. You were married and that's what married people do. If that were the case in every divorce since the beginning of time ex spouses would be suing. It wasn't a loan, YOU WERE MARRIED!!! You need to go back over your post and re-read what you have written, including your answers. You will realize that you only sound like a woman scorned. Men and women cheat, regardless of where they are from and this has absolutely NOTHING to do with immigration. When you petitioned for him and had conditions removed you had to prove to USCIS that you had a bonafide marriage or he wouldn't have received his 10 year green card, you vouched for him and your marriage. Is cheating wrong? Yup. But infidelity is a SEPARATE issue than immigration. You will get no where with either USCIS in trying to get him deported or trying to sue him for "monies owed" because you added your SPOUSE to your medical insurance. He owes you nothing. You are a woman scorned and it isn't very becoming. While I am sure no one here will defend your ex for cheating, I can tell you no one here will jump on your band wagon of revenge, either. But go ahead, hire that lawyer and come back and tell us how that goes after you lose more money paying for said attorney who will either 1. Lie to you and tell you that you have a case, when you don't or 2. He/she will actually be honest and tell you to give it a rest, that you are chasing your tail. Either way you will be out even MORE money.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks to everyone on their replies. My ex husband lied to me alot. He thought he was in fact concealing his double life and he did quite well, but I can read a little Spanish and 2 times caught him with his cell phone and a woman had emailed him 2 months after his 14 month wait in Mexico to get his green card. I approached him about this so obviously he was already involved with another US citizen of Mexican heritage even before he left for Mexico. I traveled to Ciudad Juarez to join him to pick up his packet at the American Embassy, we picked up the packet and crossed the border on December 4, 2006. 2 months after he got back home to our house in Dallas, Tx on Valentines Day, I had gone to pick up donuts in his SUV and discovered in the seat a CD with a womans hand writing in silver ink written in Spanish to Mi Amor S.........l and professing her love to him. This is only 8 wks after his return from a 14 month absence. I approached him about this and he denied and lied and said a friend of his did this as a joke. From that point on I didn't trust him. So 7 years later we divorced, 4 of those years were brutal. He would cuss me out on a daily basis, call me names, told me not to bother him on his cell phone. When we would go out to dinner he never talked to me but would constantly be texting this woman the entire time we were at the restaurant. At the end of our marriage and his numerous throwing food at me across the counter and I quit cooking and threatened my life I kicked him out. He paid for our divorce willingly and not 3 yrs later have opened a Pandora's box. He even admitted to me over private messaging that the little girl in the picture is his Daughter born out of wedlock as illigetiment. I had no clue, but this is bitter sweet. I carried him on my work health insurance and it costs me $110 a month and he never offered to reimburse me. I was so hurt during our divorce that I didn't ask for the $9200 back over 7 years. Now that I have found this out I am seriously thinking of hiring an Atty. to sue him to recoup this monies. He had BCBS full coverage medical and dental insurance and even had a back surgery. Look how I ended up. Taken advantage of. This is enough to really make a decent woman really emotionally sick even though we are divorced. I really appreciate everyones input. Think I'll contact the Attorney who did his papers for us to see if he can find out if he has already Naturalized with USCIS knowing he had fathered a child out of wedlock while we were still married. His admission in writing I still have from FB private posts. That is enough to really get him into trouble. This is just one BAD example how a person wasted 10 years of their life for what,,,,,emotional devastation. Thanks again!

While I applaud your quest for revenge, nothing makes a person feel more alive, it should be noted that literally none of it has anything to do with immigration or his status. Getting paid back for medical years after a divorce is also dubious, at best.

You'll need an approach grounded in reality. This isn't it.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It sounds like you are seeing revenge. If you've divorced him then it's just time to move on. Nothing immigration can do. It sounds like he's living his life so you should try to do the same. If he was as bad as you say then you are lucky he's someone else problem now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know how you feel , you are angry and you let your anger overcome you . take a deep breath , and look at the sky for seconds while thinking of something happy , then think of the more money and time you will waste to hire an Att. Just move on , and our Lord will never ever let him go with it , he will be punished sooner or later.

Live your life and forget about him.

see attached Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

OP, I'm curious. Why wait this long before you realized you wanted revenge? Not going to work by the wait. Many USC's come here and try to have their former spouse deported as soon as things derail. You brought him here, you told USCIS everything was great during ROC so there's nothing you can do now.

It would make that difference that the man didn't get a child in the middle of the marriage as the OP things he might did.

Still completely irrelevant. Wouldn't change anything.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

OP, I'm curious. Why wait this long before you realized you wanted revenge? Not going to work by the wait. Many USC's come here and try to have their former spouse deported as soon as things derail. You brought him here, you told USCIS everything was great during ROC so there's nothing you can do now.

Still completely irrelevant. Wouldn't change anything.

For you might not be for others. For immigration yes not relevant but it would be nice for her to know if he really got a daughter while married to her or he just calls her a daughter afterwards.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

For you might not be for others. For immigration yes not relevant but it would be nice for her to know if he really got a daughter while married to her or he just calls her a daughter afterwards.

Sure it might make her feel better but it won't change the fact that he cheated, they're divorced and now she wants revenge she can't have.

I had sponsored my Mexican citizen ex-husband for 9 yrs and 2 months; and now: as of Feb 17th, 2013, divorced him and just recently found out during our marriage he fathered a child with another woman, the child is now 7 yrs old, and I've been divorced from him 3 years now. This means he fathered a child the last 4 years we were still married unknown to me. He became very abusive and emotionally cruel. We no longer had intimate relations the last 4 years we were married and now I know why. He ended up marrying this other woman May 15, 2014, and they recently bought a huge house valued at $310,000 Jan 20 2015. I am not sure if he has obtained his Naturalization for US .Citizenship, but I do believe he violated his green card rights by fathering a child out of wedlock and continued to be married to me for 4 more years. He had his green card 10 yr permanent resident card the entire time we were married 9 years and 2 months. I believe he deceived me. Are their any penalities that can be held against him if he tries to get his Naturalization or can he be deported due to the deception during our marriage and fathering a ####### child? I just found out from a friend who saw his Facebook page and that of his wife and a picture of his Daughter. This needless to say has further devastated me and made me realize he was living 2 lives during our marriage and having another family unknown to me. I had gone through alot with this man traveling to Mexico 3 times at my expense and going for interview at American consulate for our marriage to end up my living an abusive existence the last 3-4 years being married and being horribly emotionally abused and demeaned. I need to know if there are any Legal avenues for Immigration to take against him. To deport him or bar him with a penality of 5 more years before he can pursue a Naturalization. This has turned into a total waste of many years and pain mentallly for me. Thanks for any info you can provide. Willow 1948

Don't listen people here, most likely they know as much as you and I do. I believe that USCIS can withdraw any benefits even citizenship, I read about it, if you are able to prove that he entered in your marriage just to receive immigration benefits, basically that you got scammed. You need to get a good lawyer at least to make yourself educated on this subject. There is a post here also that a man was refused naturalization because his wife had a child with another man during their marriage. Even though he forgave her, and they continued living together, he got denied as for USCIS it was a big red flag that they didn't live in marital union, and he received his citizenship only in five years with some additional help of representatives...or smth like that. Your story is a bit different but my point is that USCIS looks at that very carefully and Infidelity might be a sign of scam especially if it happens during the marriage.

Don't listen people here, most likely they know as much as you and I do. I believe that USCIS can withdraw any benefits even citizenship, I read about it, if you are able to prove that he entered in your marriage just to receive immigration benefits, basically that you got scammed. You need to get a good lawyer at least to make yourself educated on this subject. There is a post here also that a man was refused naturalization because his wife had a child with another man during their marriage. Even though he forgave her, and they continued living together, he got denied as for USCIS it was a big red flag that they didn't live in marital union, and he received his citizenship only in five years with some additional help of representatives...or smth like that. Your story is a bit different but my point is that USCIS looks at that very carefully and Infidelity might be a sign of scam especially if it happens during the marriage.

Why are you sending her to waste more time of her life seeking revenge??? There is NO POINT to it. NONE.

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.