willow1948

Married to permanent green card holder 9yrs 2mo's found out he Fathered a child who is now 7 yrs old during our marriage with another woman.

51 posts in this topic

Why are you sending her to waste more time of her life seeking revenge??? There is NO POINT to it. NONE.

I don't think I have to justify my opinion. We are all free to express our own, right? If she feels she got scammed and can prove it, this is up to her to try and seek justice and not anyone else. I believe she is adult enough to think for herself and decide what she wants to do and you don't have to worry about her wasting time. Also there was no point in sending this kind of message and accusing me of giving my own opinion. So please I ask anyone to restrain yourself from doing so in the future. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I don't think I have to justify my opinion. We are all free to express our own, right? If she feels she got scammed and can prove it, this is up to her to try and seek justice and not anyone else. I believe she is adult enough to think for herself and decide what she wants to do and you don't have to worry about her wasting time. Also there was no point in sending this kind of message and accusing me of giving my own opinion. So please I ask anyone to restrain yourself from doing so in the future. Thanks

You do realize the mayority of the people here speak up because they have either:

• personal experience
  • legal experience
  • seen this enough times to know how it's going to end.

What do you base your theory that she can "win" this and have him deported? You claim you read about, links?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Don't listen people here, most likely they know as much as you and I do. I believe that USCIS can withdraw any benefits even citizenship, I read about it, if you are able to prove that he entered in your marriage just to receive immigration benefits, basically that you got scammed. You need to get a good lawyer at least to make yourself educated on this subject. There is a post here also that a man was refused naturalization because his wife had a child with another man during their marriage. Even though he forgave her, and they continued living together, he got denied as for USCIS it was a big red flag that they didn't live in marital union, and he received his citizenship only in five years with some additional help of representatives...or smth like that. Your story is a bit different but my point is that USCIS looks at that very carefully and Infidelity might be a sign of scam especially if it happens during the marriage.

In your post the woman was denied citizenship initially because that application was based on marriage and because she had a child with another man. She was able to get it though after 5 years.

In this case, they were married for 9 years and he fathered child from another girl in those last 4 years of his marriage (per OP's post). That doesn't prove their marriage was not bonafide. Per her post, it also seems like her husband has the 10 year GC for 9 years or more. So there is a 0% chance that she can have USCIS deny his citizenship and it would cost her a lot financially and emotionally to go through this futile process.

If you keep scratching the wound, you will just keep hurting yourself.

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Don't listen people here, most likely they know as much as you and I do. I believe that USCIS can withdraw any benefits even citizenship, I read about it, if you are able to prove that he entered in your marriage just to receive immigration benefits, basically that you got scammed. You need to get a good lawyer at least to make yourself educated on this subject. There is a post here also that a man was refused naturalization because his wife had a child with another man during their marriage. Even though he forgave her, and they continued living together, he got denied as for USCIS it was a big red flag that they didn't live in marital union, and he received his citizenship only in five years with some additional help of representatives...or smth like that. Your story is a bit different but my point is that USCIS looks at that very carefully and Infidelity might be a sign of scam especially if it happens during the marriage.

Extremely bad advice. They divorced years ago, time to move on.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

There will always be that one person (sometimes more) who feels the need to feed the OP with false hope in every single thread like this.

Not seeking justice will be the end of Justice system, i don't think OP has taken a single step to see Justice ( mistakenly called Revenge here), but it does not hurt to take that first step or three. I think we have too many unsuspecting people in our country that are being taken advantage of but fail to seek justice and later blame that the justice system died, but some of us might be the ones who are sending it to slow death by not reporting these crimes.

OP, I would advice not spending too much money on this to put yourself in financial strain after all you have a long life ahead of you and will need your strength and money to move on. Differentiating between seeking justice & letting emotions overtake yourself will be rather difficult but not impossible, Do post back here if you take any steps & how it goes.

01/25/2010....Came to USA on F1 Visa

01/25/2012... Finished School B.S. Computer Science

04/19/2013.....Married!! to USC

AOS----timeline

05/28/2013.....I-130, I-485,I-131 & I-765 Packets Received at Chicago Lockbox

06/06/2013....NOA Texts and Emails received, 4 in total, as i filled 4 x G1145

06/06/2013....Checks Cashed

06/07/2013....NOAs in the mail

06/12/2013....Biometrics Appointment for "6/28/2013" "Warning: Case will be considered abandoned if you don't show for appointment" LOL

06/18/2013...Walk in Biometrics done, reached at 7:50 am, got out at 8:20 am

07/15/2013... Notice Received, Interview scheduled for Aug 20th dancin5hr.gif

08/10/2013... EAD Combo Card received says "Valid for Travel outside the USA"

08/20/2013... iNTERVIEW at Downtown LA. Approved

08/29/2013... Permanent Resident Card Received

I-751-----timeline

05/22/2015....I-751 Applied

06/xx/2015....NOA Received

06/20/2015....Called USCIS filed complaint-No Biometrics appointment, rude people

07/21/2015....Biometrics appointment

08/10/2015...Walk in into USCIS field office for I-551 stamp in passport for 1 year

10/29/2015...Approval Email

11/03/2015...Permanent Resident Card Received

N-400-----timeline

05/29/2016....N-400 Applied

06/02/2016....Acceptance Email/Text

06/08/2016....Biometrics Scheduled for 6/21/2016

What crime please!!!!!!!!! They were married he cheated. 9 year marriage why didnt he leave years 2, 3, 5 and so on???

The way i see it they were married he got a green card some folks get a house car other items his was a green card.

We all take a risk in getting a bad marriage we can move on. If he ONLY wanted a visa i think he would have left sooner.

Did he do bad YES. Is it fraud she helped him rule that out during AOS.

MOVE ON PLEASE SPARE YOUR HAIR GREY HAIRS THATS WHY I THINK.

Best punishement see me happy with someone else....

LET GO !

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

They have been divorced for many years, how is it justice at this point? How is it justice that she wants to separate him from his xxxxxxx child? Is it justice to call a 7 years old child a name that VJ has to X out? It's all about revenge - no mistake here.

I called her out on the XXXXXX in the first post of this thread. She has a right to believe that marriage was not entered in Good faith. If she wishes so, she can take punitive actions. I don't think he will be deported at this point, but maybe he has to get a new Green card from new wife and start the 3 year again. This will also go on permanent record of his, and if he thinks ditching his second wife will be easy, and bringing someone from home country will be easy, (not gonna happen). Have seen it. Also i don't know what abuse was she talking about, but it could be of nature of Domestic Battery, and shouldn't be ignored, ( can happen again). As i said there's a fine line between Revenge & Justice, and please don't bring the daughter into our conversations, there are too many daughters & sons whose fathers are in prison. Do they deserve to be there, You bet! should we do it again, in a Heartbeat.

AOS----timeline

06/12/2013....Biometrics Appointment for "6/28/2013" "Warning: Case will be considered abandoned if you don't show for appointment" LOL

I-751-----timeline

06/20/2015....Called USCIS filed complaint-No Biometrics appointment, rude people

08/10/2015...Walk in into USCIS field office for I-551 stamp in passport for 1 year

N-400-----timeline

Timeline

What crime please!!!!!!!!! They were married he cheated. 9 year marriage why didnt he leave years 2, 3, 5 and so on???

The way i see it they were married he got a green card some folks get a house car other items his was a green card.

We all take a risk in getting a bad marriage we can move on. If he ONLY wanted a visa i think he would have left sooner.

Did he do bad YES. Is it fraud she helped him rule that out during AOS.

MOVE ON PLEASE SPARE YOUR HAIR GREY HAIRS THATS WHY I THINK.

Best punishement see me happy with someone else....

LET GO !

Correction, not AOS, i-751 ( removal of conditions you mean)

AOS----timeline

I-751-----timeline

N-400-----timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I called her out on the XXXXXX in the first post of this thread. She has a right to believe that marriage was not entered in Good faith. If she wishes so, she can take punitive actions. I don't think he will be deported at this point, but maybe he has to get a new Green card from new wife and start the 3 year again. This will also go on permanent record of his, and if he thinks ditching his second wife will be easy, and bringing someone from home country will be easy, (not gonna happen). Have seen it. Also i don't know what abuse was she talking about, but it could be of nature of Domestic Battery, and shouldn't be ignored, ( can happen again). As i said there's a fine line between Revenge & Justice, and please don't bring the daughter into our conversations, there are too many daughters & sons whose fathers are in prison. Do they deserve to be there, You bet! should we do it again, in a Heartbeat.

He does not need a new green card from his new wife. He already got one.

Correction, not AOS, i-751 ( removal of conditions you mean)

SHE HELPED HIM PROVE IT DID SHE LIE TOO??

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I called her out on the XXXXXX in the first post of this thread. Is that justice or revenge? She has a right to believe that marriage was not entered in Good faith. If she wishes so, she can take punitive actions. Please, tell us what punitive actions she can take. I don't think he will be deported at this point, but maybe he has to get a new Green card from new wife and start the 3 year again. Maybe? That's your answer? He already has a green card. This will also go on permanent record of his, and if he thinks ditching his second wife will be easy, and bringing someone from home country will be easy, (not gonna happen). You don't seem to understand that the 2nd wife is the one he wants to be with. There is no ditching the new wife to bring someone from his home country. Have seen it. Please tell us what have you seen. A person getting his LPR status revoked for adultery? Also i don't know what abuse was she talking about, but it could be of nature of Domestic Battery, and shouldn't be ignored, ( can happen again). You don't know but you are willing to bring it up when the OP has not. As i said there's a fine line between Revenge & Justice, and please don't bring the daughter into our conversations, there are too many daughters & sons whose fathers are in prison. Sure, lets leave out the facts that are not convenient for your argument. Why be bothered with things that don't fit your argument. Do they deserve to be there, You bet! should we do it again, in a Heartbeat.

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.