Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,149 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2022 at 2:57 PM, Agolbaghi said:

Thank you M from 852! You were right , it just changed to “picked up by usps”!

the good thing is they put usps tracking “key” right inside the uscis “app” and you don’t need to do extras!! Just a quick update for whoever still waiting!!like piece of mind!☺️

On 3/30/2022 at 2:57 PM, Agolbaghi said:

Thank you M from 852! You were right , it just changed to “picked up by usps”!

the good thing is they put usps tracking “key” right inside the uscis “app” and you don’t need to do extras!! Just a quick update for whoever still waiting!!like piece of mind!☺️

AG

Hi everyone, I have a question, do you know if we use cruise it will count out of country?! For example if we leave from San Diego and not even get off the ship to walk to Mexico, still deduct from our green card timing?!

thanks!

On 3/31/2022 at 5:41 PM, Agolbaghi said:

We received the card on 04/01/2022!!

paid $220.00 on Dec. 28, POE: 01/01/2022, Los Angeles..,

visa: IR-5, embassy package was offered on airport but rejected by police ( mentioned not necessary, it was only copy of medical report that we already had it as well!)

thanks for sharing experiences… good luck to everyone!

AG

On 3/25/2022 at 11:16 AM, Kiki031320 said:

This is my timeline!

Immigrant Visa Fee Paid: Jan 29, 2022

Date of Entry: Feb 4, 2022

Port of Entry: Chicago (ORD)

Received SSN: Mid Feb

I went through customs while in Canada. I didn't have any Visa packet with me nor was I instructed to have any packet with me. They just needed my passport, stamped it, and that was it. Still says "Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received" online. It's been almost 2 months - hoping I hear soon!

What is the Immigrant Visa Packet that people are referring to? I wasn't provided anything like this after my interview; just got my passport. Did everyone get a packet except me? Please advise!

Also, is the account to view the status of your GC the same account created on https://myaccount.uscis.gov/? I'm having difficulties finding information when I login oddly. My case isn't there. Thanks!

Hi! Any updates? Mine is almost 2 months as well and just received my passport, no packets.

Edited by mollee06

22 hours ago, mollee06 said:

Hi! Any updates? Mine is almost 2 months as well and just received my passport, no packets.

Hi . the closed envelope or packet is no more required , All documents transferred electronically to USA , in most cases you will receive your card within 90 days , just check the address and the case status ..good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/5/2022 at 5:41 AM, mollee06 said:

Hi! On April 1, it changed to "Card is Being Produced"! Yours should be soon as well!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Update (all 2022 dates):

January 29 - Fee paid

February 5 - Entry to US (Chicago ORD)

April 1 - Card Is Being Produced

April 6 - Card Was Mailed To Me

April 7 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service (tracking number also provided here)

USPS says the card should arrive by EOD Monday which is 65 days after entry! :) 

On 3/26/2022 at 1:31 PM, Chancy said:

Card being produced at day 123!  It may be a coincidence, but my case finally progressed after I corrected some errors with the I-551 info on my USCIS online profile.  First, my physical address was blank, although my mailing address was exactly as listed on my DS-260.  I was able to update the address online.  Second, my name had extra letters "NMN" even though I actually have a middle name.  It was listed as "(FIRST NAME) (MIDDLE NAME) NMN (LAST NAME)".  The full name field was not editable, so I logged a ticket for USCIS typo error.  Hoping my GC will not be printed with the error.

Finally the end of this saga -- GC on hand at day 138! 🎉  Thankfully, my full name was printed correctly on the card.  No extra "NMN".

POE (at DFW):  11/21/2021

Fee Paid:  11/22/2021

SSN Received:  11/29/2021

GC Received:  04/08/2022

Visa Fee paid  08/12/21

POE Newark 11/21/21

SSN Received 11/25/21

GC 139 Days and still waiting.

Edited by Southernboy123

16 minutes ago, Southernboy123 said:

Visa Fee paid  08/12/21

POE Newark 11/21/21

SSN Received 11/25/21

GC 139 Days and still waiting.

Try to call them and make an info pass and service request.  Do you have your VISA PACKET with you ?  if so , you need to call them right away and ask if you need to submit it in nearest POE to CBP to get your green card produced.  this what happened to me. 

7 minutes ago, MikyMike1983 said:

Try to call them and make an info pass and service request.  Do you have your VISA PACKET with you ?  if so , you need to call them right away and ask if you need to submit it in nearest POE to CBP to get your green card produced.  this what happened to me. 

Yeah we’ve called them and have a Service request in, all my stuff was electronic so no packet with me. When we called the assistant said she could see no reason why it is taking so long as all was in order. So a mystery to me! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.