Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

About StrawberryKiss

  • Rank
    Gold Member
  • Member # 191209
  • Location San Antonio, Texas, USA

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    IR-1/CR-1 Visa
  • Place benefits filed at
    Nebraska Service Center
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Sorry, not really active on here anymore after the move and just saw this now. I was referring to the "case is being reviewed as of month/day". The date changed in our case from a January one to a July one. Hope this helps.
  2. Immigrant fee paid: 12/8/2021 POE: 1/13/2022 Card being produced: 4/1/2022 (day 78)
  3. Interesting because my A-number stayed the same. I wonder if they maybe assign new A-numbers if the visa category changes, i.e. coming to the US on a K1-Visa the first time, then on a spousal visa the second time
  4. I agree with the advice given. Just FYI: my husband also used his voter registration for absentee ballot as evidence, which helped. But he had also maintained his bank account and we have a kid.
  5. Yup. Exact same situation. Just completed the visa process last year and moved back stateside last month. Not a problem whatsoever. The CO simply asked me during the interview why I had abandoned my LPR status and so did CPB at my POE because they also saw my old visa in my passport (it’s still the same, had it for 9 years now). Your A-number should still be the same because mine hasn’t changed. And I believe we also put a date down for the first petition that we kinda guesstimated. We remembered the month and year, but not the exact date. Don’t worry, it’ll all work out just fine Good luck!
  6. Just read that now. Then your passport isn’t ready yet and they’re still printing your visa or finalizing something (called “administrative processing”). It needs to update and say “issued” for it to go into the mail. edit: the consulate was also closed on Thursday (epiphany) because they follow German and American holidays (quite nice, right? unless you’re waiting for documents). The officer probably used Friday as an extra day off (Brückentag). Don’t worry, it’s just been a few days. I’m sure you’ll have your passport+visa by the end of the week.
  7. Yeah, nothing showed up in my account either (I still had the same one after the interview though). I just tracked my status on CEAC where it said “issued” and that my passport was ready for pickup/delivery. The next day I got notification emails from ustraveldocs and UPS with a tracking number. Package got delivered the following day. I hope this helps.
  8. If it says on their website that you should bring photocopies of the documents (usually of the civil ones) you uploaded on CEAC, then yes, you should. I know I had to for Frankfurt. They do have e-files, but always follow their rules. Better be safe than sorry. Good luck!
  9. Do you mean his medical exam on the 11th? I’m confused.
  10. Labeling docs is not necessary anymore now that NVC processes everything electronically. Years ago, you had to mail docs to NVC, that’s correct. But now you just upload everything on the CEAC portal where each intending immigrant has their own account, so docs can’t get confused anymore. @Tay123 every resubmission is treated like a first-time submission, so you get placed at the end of the queue again. Look up the current NVC processing times on their website to get an approximate date. I also suggesting joining a thread (e.g. NVC December 2021 submissions).
  11. I thought it was five times https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/i-864-affidavit-faqs.html#aos14 @shytown we also used assets (five times the required income for a household size of three people) and that got accepted just fine by NVC. No questions asked at the interview.
  12. Hi there. Yes, intent was sufficient for us, too. We uploaded my husband’s bank statement showing the US address he’s maintained, my MIL’s affidavit attesting that we’re going to live with her for the first few weeks until we find a place, our child’s CRBA (dual citizen) with the intent of enrolling her in an American school and my husband’s voter registration for absentee ballot. It was all accepted by NVC and we had no issues at the interview last week. There is so much more you can use such as car titles, car insurance, mortgage payment, property, a job offer, email inquiring about daycare or enrollment in school, etc … Whenever you get to the NVC stage and fill out the I-864 form for affidavit of support, have a look at the instructions/FAQ section regarding the intent to reestablish domicile to see more examples. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/i-864-affidavit-faqs.html#aos23
  13. Lufthansa only requires rapid tests for boarding US-bound flights.
  • Create New...