Ramanbrarn958gb

Issue about our age difference for K1(finccee ) visa

55 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello dear Sir nd mam I'm from India nd my gf is from USA she is divorced nd our age difference is almost 38 year I'm 23 nd she is maybe 60 but she looks not older also we have relationship since four years we became friend from Google hangout after few month we fall in love now my gf is coming to India just meet me nd my faimly she is permanent resident of USA nd has green card of USA she is saying to me she will apply for k1(finccee ) visa so plzzz let us know is there our chance to get visa our relationship is not fake we have proof to prove it we r really we have whole chat since 4 years nd we love to each other just I'm scaring bcoz of our age difference she is coming on my birthday 1st July thank you im waiting for your reply sir

Hello dear Sir nd mam I'm from India nd my gf is from USA she is divorced nd our age difference is almost 38 year I'm 23 nd she is maybe 60 but she looks not older also we have relationship since four years we became friend from Google hangout after few month we fall in love now my gf is coming to India just meet me nd my faimly she is permanent resident of USA nd has green card of USA she is saying to me she will apply for k1(finccee ) visa so plzzz let us know is there our chance to get visa our relationship is not fake we have proof to prove it we r really we have whole chat since 4 years nd we love to each other just I'm scaring bcoz of our age difference she is coming on my birthday 1st July thank you im waiting for your reply sir

When I was in North Dakota, I met couple of dozens of men in their 60s, 70s, married to girls in their 20s.

they might ask questions, but the age difference itself will not stop you from obtaining a green card.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

At this point, the only way she can file a petition for you is by marrying you and that too will take 2 years or more. Given the age difference and the country's culture, it is definitely a difficult path for you but not impossible.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

When I was in North Dakota, I met couple of dozens of men in their 60s, 70s, married to girls in their 20s.

they might ask questions, but the age difference itself will not stop you from obtaining a green card.

Why North Dakota?

I have been to South Dakota and never noticed this.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thanks you all of you for your suggestion but sir she is permanent resident of USA since 1994 plzzz suggest us should we apply for k1 visa?

Thanks you all of you for your suggestion but sir she is permanent resident of USA since 1994 plzzz suggest us should we apply for k1 visa?

She CAN'T apply for a K1. She is not a citizen. Only US citizens can apply for a K1.

She is a permanent resident. As a permanent resident she can NOT apply for a K1 for you.

The only option is for her to come to your country to get married to you. Then she returns and applies for a CR1.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

:rofl:

This morning:

she is permanent resident of USA nd has green card of USA

That was quick.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

That mean sir if she has green card nd also American passport she is only resident but she hasn't permanent citizen?

Legal permanent resident: has a green card and is not a citizen and cannot get a US passport.

US citizen: does not have/need a green card and uses a US passport.

A person cannot be a legal permanent resident and a US citizen at the same time. So which one is she?

Edited by B&Z

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

Timeline

Oh thanks to all sir she has now USA passport that mean she has citizenship of USA nd sir that mean she may apply for k1 visa plzzz suggest us a 38 year gap will be a issue to get a finccee visa but we have our whole chat which we are doing from 3 years nd she is also coming to India on my birthday living with my faimly in our home thanks for quick reply sir

To squelch this pretty quickly:

You seem confused about a lot of information, I recommend that you have your fiance look into this, maybe come to this website and do her own research. This is NOT something you can do, if she meets the criteria then only YOUR GIRLFRIEND can petition to ask the US to let you apply and try for a fiance visa.

We can tell you the process, but with your confusion on the subject (as you don't know whether she is a citizen or a LPR, and there are A LOT more complicated subjects in the future), it would most likely be better for HER to be the one checking this option out.

Again, I recommend you send your girlfriend to this website and look over the process, make sure this is something she can even do or wants to do.

There is a lot more than an age difference issue, tbqh, not knowing details like her status could lead to more questions, like did she come here from India? Did she come here from India to bring people in from the US? Cultural issues, there's a lot more than just "proving your love". You have to prove your love in the eyes of the government, not in the eyes of the regular guy.

Let her do some research on this.

Edit: If she IS a US Citizen AND you guys have met IN PERSON within 2 years of her applying for the K1 visa then yes, she can apply for K1, but again, everything I posted above stands. Bring her in on this, let her do some research. She may be older, but there's a lot of information to know on her end, she needs to be in the know.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.