Ramanbrarn958gb

Issue about our age difference for K1(finccee ) visa

55 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The CO can if he is not convinced there relationship is genuine.

Yes but what i mean is there is always a way to overcome the requirement for proving a genuine relationship. It might take longer may even have to refile based on spousal visa. It is extremely difficult but not impossible to convince. It is a matter of time, choice, willingness and the bond of relationship to face all the challenges.

The CO can if he is not convinced there relationship is genuine.

This 100%. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have been denied so many time they've just given up, from the people who end up on bans, to those who just can't seem to convince the CO they're legit.

There is a big difference between feeling true love, and proving true love on paper with proof.They can have all the love in the world, but it doesn't matter if they can't convince the CO that it's real. In this situation, the OP is going to go in already with a big set back. While they may not admit it, but if a CO is already set on saying no, they say no. They say "not enough proof" and you just keep going on and on and on trying to figure out what enough proof is. Eventually you'll have to look at the setbacks and how to counter them. (Culturally, some things are very hard to counter).

The guy's basically going to have to prove himself innocent when he's going to go in guilty.

While some people on VJ have spent 7 years trying to be together, his GF is already 60. I don't see this being a quick process, again, which is why his GF needs to know the ins and outs and be prepared for whats to come.

they haven't met yet have they, or they've only met once? They're just now about to meet in person for the first time soon?

Also you have to prove your relationship for a spousal visa too, spousal visa doesn't mean an auto-in, a lot of people seem to treat it as "Just go spousal visa, it'll be easier".

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sometimes it is better to look at it long term, say she moved to India and in 5 years they considered moving to the US (assuming she is a USC).

Then they would have plenty of evidence and the relationship is much more believable.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Sorry sir I was confused between permanent resident nd citizen she is citizen nd she is divorced 1994 nd since 1994 she never did marry nd stay in relationship she is fillipeno nd we bcoz friend 2013 nd after two months we fall in love since we now fall in love many times we fight but we r stay with each one since when we became friend nd she is coming first time to India meet me thank you to everyone for your costly advice nd taking your costly time

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello dear Sir nd mam I'm from India nd my gf is from USA she is divorced nd our age difference is almost 38 year I'm 23 nd she is maybe 60 but she looks not older also we have relationship since four years we became friend from Google hangout after few month we fall in love now my gf is coming to India just meet me nd my faimly she is permanent resident of USA nd has green card of USA she is saying to me she will apply for k1(finccee ) visa so plzzz let us know is there our chance to get visa our relationship is not fake we have proof to prove it we r really we have whole chat since 4 years nd we love to each other just I'm scaring bcoz of our age difference she is coming on my birthday 1st July thank you im waiting for your reply sir

So you fell in love with a woman of your mother's age or possibly more at the age of 19? Your chances of getting a visa are very slim.Are you from Punjab?

Timeline

So you fell in love with a woman of your mother's age or possibly more at the age of 19? Your chances of getting a visa are very slim.Are you from Punjab?

What does it have to do with Punjab ? just curious.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

A legitimate relationship or not you may want to find out how old your girlfriend actually is. "Maybe 60" will not cut it, I would suggest meeting at least two times before you even consider filing.

Sorry sir I was confused between permanent resident nd citizen she is citizen nd she is divorced 1994 nd since 1994 she never did marry nd stay in relationship she is fillipeno nd we bcoz friend 2013 nd after two months we fall in love since we now fall in love many times we fight but we r stay with each one since when we became friend nd she is coming first time to India meet me thank you to everyone for your costly advice nd taking your costly time

If she is coming to visit you for the first time then it is best for you to wait until after her visit to file the K1 for a number of reasons.

First and foremost, it is a requirement of a K1 petition to have met in person within the last 2 years.

Her visit will give you a chance to see how well you get along in person and also get to know each other better. Hint: You not knowing her exact age is concerning.

Until after her visit you can continue researching the steps of the K1 process.

Because of the age difference you need to build TONS of needed evidence of a legit relationship during her visit. Suggestion: Her co-mingling with your family to show they are accepting.

The time spent together will give you a partial idea of what life would be like together with her.

You have a very steep hill to climb. An almost 40 year age difference may seem ok to you online, but in a marriage it is a different story. But nothing can start on the K1 visa until you meet first. You are welcome to continue your research here until then.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

Thank you so much to everyone who gave me their suggestion it is a really a great site in few time I got lot information thank you so much we should do something to live with each other for good

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Age is just a number

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

additional posts removed for judgmental comments.
either provide constructive advice or do not post.

failure to heed this warning will result in moderation action against the offender.

charles

vj moderation

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Ramanbrarn958gb-If you need some advice in Hindi aur Punjabi,you can message me.It's really very difficult for you to prove that you guys are actually in love and not in this for a GREEN CARD.You already have huge Red Flags and if you are from Punjab then it's gonna make it more difficult as the CO knows about the high number of fraud cases from Punjab.I suggest you to hire a Immigration Lawyer who can guide you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed and admin sanctions applied against that account

again, either provide constructive advice or do not post.

charles
vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

My advise to you is to get married in India and to live with her for a few years.

That way you will have enough evidence and can file for a CR-1 which is a visa for married couples. Immigration is a very expensive process in terms of money AND time. In my opinion, you will have a very hard time getting a K-1 visa after just 1 or 2 or 3 visits as COs also care about how much time you've spent living together. Your age gap is a huge red flag for that part of the world as having biological children from a marriage is a cultural expectation among other things.

I would also highly recommend that your girlfriend post on this forum so she can learn about the process.

Initially, she will be the one doing all the paper work from the U.S. so she needs to know what she's getting into.

Timeline

One more question sir if I will apply for tourist visa nd maybe I will pass my interview after that if may we do merry in USA so it will okay for us in future will we have to face any problem?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.