itsnews2

K or Other Visa, without visiting the Philippines

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about getting a K or other visa for my sister.

My sister in the Philippines has been conversing with her boyfriend from the USA online for over 6 months. Just recently her boyfriend (an older gentleman) attempted to fly from the USA to the Philippines. However, he has a big fear of flying and while he made the first leg of the flight, when he boarded the second leg (LA to Japan) he had a panic attack and almost heart attack and had to get off the plain on the tarmac and was rushed to the emergency room. Now he is afraid to try and board a plane again and wants to know if there is any way my sister can visit him for their first one on one meeting.

Is there any provision in K or other visa that would allow my sister to come to the USA under conditions etc...

They do want to get married, but the fear of flying/health issue with the boyfriend is preventing the first meeting.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to overcome this issue??

Thanks

I, too, have fear of flying. I met my fiancee and flew to the Philippines two months ago. The last time I flew was 33 yars ago. I asked my doctor for some anxiety pills and didn't even use them. I boarded a total of 10 planes and now I'm cured :). Maybe, meds may work for him. Good luck!

K1 Visa Timeline
03/04/16: I-129F sent via USPS certified mail
03/09/16: I-129F NOA1
03/11/16: I-129F NOA1 hard copy received
06/13/16: RFE Notice of Action
06/17/16: RFE NOA hard copy received

06/23/16: Response to RFE sent to CSC via USPS certified mail

06/29/16: Response to RFE sent to CSC was received

07/05/16: I-129F was approved and sent to NVC

07/27/16: NVC received petition

07/28/16: NVC sent petition to US Embassy in Manila

08/01/16: Consulate received

08/30/16: Medical

09/13/16: Interview date / Approved

09/17/16: Visa in hand

12/29/16: POE - Dallas, TX

01/20/17: Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They want to marry but have never met?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I wonder, how Filipino women fall in love with much older american guys and that too online....and ready to get married to a much older guy...I am sure they wouldn't marry a old guy who is living in Philippines.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

She's a young(er) filipina looking for a better life. He's an old(er) western gentleman looking for a housewife that believes in traditional gender roles. Obviously they're a perfect fit :-)

No offense meant:-)

I hope they will find a way to meet in person to get to know each other, since that will be a requirement. Many good options suggested previously in this thread.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I wonder, how Filipino women fall in love with much older american guys and that too online....and ready to get married to a much older guy...I am sure they wouldn't marry a old guy who is living in Philippines.

Does it really matter? ... Does love have a age limit?

We met online, we have a big age difference but you know what we are in love and we are getting married. :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have a question which everyone forgets here to ask that person come back from Japan or he is still hospitalized there if he is in Japan then Phil is not so far from there or if he come back to US then how he managed to come back.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I have a question which everyone forgets here to ask that person come back from Japan or he is still hospitalized there if he is in Japan then Phil is not so far from there or if he come back to US then how he managed to come back.

No he was boarding the plane from LAX to Japan but got off before it took off...

Edited by Georgia16

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would suggest them to meet in any south american country it's very important to meet the person before marriage. His medical reason won't be acceptable at this stage USCIS can deny the request for wevier....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~As the question has been answered and multiple posts removed this thread is now locked.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.