kingjulian

Petition the whitehouse

75 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

And, I'm not sure about other types of visas, but for K-1 visa you don't need a police clearance or medical exam before the interview. Yes, the final decision is made after the interview and yes, you need to bring your clearance and medical there, but at least you don't have to send them with your initial petition. I think it's reasonable enough?

And, I'm not sure about other types of visas, but for K-1 visa you don't need a police clearance or medical exam before the interview. Yes, the final decision is made after the interview and yes, you need to bring your clearance and medical there, but at least you don't have to send them with your initial petition. I think it's reasonable enough?

Yes a K1 visa needs a police certificate and medical exam. The I-129F petition does not but that's a petition not a visa.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think you'd get a lot more support for a petition asking to remove the ability to AOS from visitors - tourist visas, VWP, etc. By removing that incentive, they could relax the burden of proof potential VISITORS need to meet.

That and the automatic if its your 2 year wedding anniversary at POE you are rewarded a 10 year green card. Too many people been in the process for almost 2 years and seen each other 1 or 2 weeks and get pissed when they are denied or put in AP for not bonafide evidence.

Change from 2 years to 5 years for 10 year green card. Then Remove conditions, make that Citizenship 7 years marred to a US citizen spouse. If you divorce them you wait 10 years before you can be citizen. And 15 years if you want to petition someone else. So no one can marry citizen divorce and petition immediately. Only those who actually were living together those 2 years broad should be considered for 10 year. That may make people go hmmmm.

I just have seen too many after 2 year landings get green card and he/she is gone soon as green card arrives. I know of 4 just in 2015. One didn't even bother showing up at the US Citizens (wife's) city. Had address changed at interview and POE card came she never knew what was coming. All the while he talking to her she thinks he is in Ghana.

OP, you can't just go by others experience. Not everyone posting their denials are being straight forward. Many will know what's up when they get that NOIR letter from USCIS find out the real deal what happened at interview. Hidden wives, girlfriends, babies not known to petitioner. Not telling petitioner the truth of past applications. These are all some of the few denials at Ghana.

I get your passion and individual CO's if abusing authority need to be address. Someone posted the complaint route. But telling the president which means getting a law implemented or changed just isn't realistic. Also the man has less that 8 months in office and changing this part of immigration isn't at all even on the radar of a priority. Heck they won't even accept his pick for the Supreme court seat. Go to the source let the embassy know HELL NAW!!

I bet if everyone of you folks going through Ghana lately denied or in AP (there is quite a few) all got together and wrote your complaint and each sent in one by one by one you would get some notice.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks for all the comments and I even expect more to come in.. Let me make it clear here, I didn't get enough room to write all I wanted to say on the petition site. I will never request for medicals or police clearances to be stripped off.. All I was trying to say is, iv applicants after being interviewwd and granted a visa(hopefully) can then proceed to undertake the medicals whiles the embassy holds unto the visa until it receives the reports. In the other way round where applicants are made to undertake the medicals and given all those shots. It all goes waste if they are unsuccessful. I know more than anything that immigrating to the U. S is a privilege and not a right but a lot of things do happen in this immigration process. If really America is a nation of immigrants as it claims it is, then there should be a more viable way of ensuring that families are united rather thank the current system where most genuine families and couples are treated as fraud. It's a lot to say but I guess I just have to leave it here.. Once again thank all for the comments.. I enjoyed the bashing though ?

It's just like a job where you may have to get a physical, drug test and background checks. Until they get the thumbs up the job offer is not complete. Yes some jobs will start you pending reports to come back and I have worked and seen people start on Monday gone by Friday because of background or drug test failure.

And what of the TB test that come up positive. Now you have approved someone but Visa in passport and they now have to go for treatment that may take 6 months to a year.

What about the failed drug test?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY WITH THE PETITION. YES, THINGS NEED SOME REDOING, UPGRADED, REWRITTEN....SOMETHING. IF THE CO'S HAVE A CHECKLIST AND/OR PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW, THEN THEY SHOULD DO IT. JUST BECAUSE THIS CERTAIN COUNTRY HAS FRAUD, DOES NOT MEAN THAT EVERYBODY IS GOING TO DO WRONG. THEY NEED TO PUT A SYSTEM IN PLACE THATS BETTER THAN WHAT IT IS. IF YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THAT YOU HAVE SUPPOSE TO DO WITH THE IMMIGRATION PROCESS AND JUST BECAUSE THE CO'S FLIP A COIN, THEY DECIDED THAT TODAY WE ARE NOT GOING TO APPROVE VISAS, WE WILL DENY OR PUT THEM IN ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING........THATS NOT RIGHT AND YES WHAT I JUST SAID ABOUT FLIPPING A COIN IT DOES AND HAVE HAPPENED.....

heart.gif MS RILEYheart.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You're not paying for the visa itself, you're paying for the process of applying.
Who should pay for the work that goes in to the application if not the applicant themselves?

Did you miss the part where I said then they should call it something else?
Application fee will do. But if you call it visa processing visa, then a visa should be processed. Common sense!
The fee is called VISA PROCESSING FEE!

Quoted post removed - VJ Moderation

Edited by Ryan H

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Application fee will do. But if you call it visa processing visa, then a visa should be processed. Common sense!

They process the visa application, the result is an approval or denial.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Post containing inflammatory content removed.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Quoted post removed - VJ Moderation

I'm a little bewildered at what the issue is.

It's a visa processing fee because it's a visa processing fee. It's part of a process in a step which can be approved or denied, which there is no guarantee of either. It's common sense, because it's common sense. :huh:

There are a lot of things that can and should be fixed, that I think we could all agree on.. but the OP's complaint is not one of them. I am thankful that my country gives me the freedom to live with my husband and allows him to live here, which cannot be said of his own country. Is the process fair? There are some aspects of it that are unfair, redundant, and downright stupid - but that is due to a system of doing things that is becoming outdated and bloated. Things aren't streamlined, the process is not informative, the USCIS routinely offers bad information almost gleefully, things could move faster, and being stuck in backlog was hell. There are some elected officials that actually do want to help and some that just don't care. There is a reason why some people on here, went all the way to the top to finally get some changes made - because they received no answers or assistance from anyone else.

Visas should not be guaranteed things. You should not be able to buy your way in. Users routinely post to this forum their experiences in abusing (yes abusing) the VWP either intentionally or via their own stupidity, attempts to abuse the tourist visa program, and many times wonder why they have been denied. Typically it is the users own fault. That is not to say it is everyone, but it is a lot. This is a human process, and COs are only human, they can only make decisions on what is in front of them, and are required to make tough decisions that do not take emotions into account. That may seem unfair and cold, but they have to be. Yes there are some on power trips, we've seen some examples of this too.

But large changes are not going to be made until you get the public at large to actually even care. And they don't. Going to the top and only getting the smallest of a change made (even if it was helpful) is proof of that.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

I'm a little bewildered at what the issue is.

It's a visa processing fee because it's a visa processing fee. It's part of a process in a step which can be approved or denied, which there is no guarantee of either. It's common sense, because it's common sense. :huh:

There are a lot of things that can and should be fixed, that I think we could all agree on.. but the OP's complaint is not one of them. I am thankful that my country gives me the freedom to live with my husband and allows him to live here, which cannot be said of his own country. Is the process fair? There are some aspects of it that are unfair, redundant, and downright stupid - but that is due to a system of doing things that is becoming outdated and bloated. Things aren't streamlined, the process is not informative, the USCIS routinely offers bad information almost gleefully, things could move faster, and being stuck in backlog was hell. There are some elected officials that actually do want to help and some that just don't care. There is a reason why some people on here, went all the way to the top to finally get some changes made - because they received no answers or assistance from anyone else.

Visas should not be guaranteed things. You should not be able to buy your way in. Users routinely post to this forum their experiences in abusing (yes abusing) the VWP either intentionally or via their own stupidity, attempts to abuse the tourist visa program, and many times wonder why they have been denied. Typically it is the users own fault. That is not to say it is everyone, but it is a lot. This is a human process, and COs are only human, they can only make decisions on what is in front of them, and are required to make tough decisions that do not take emotions into account. That may seem unfair and cold, but they have to be. Yes there are some on power trips, we've seen some examples of this too.

But large changes are not going to be made until you get the public at large to actually even care. And they don't. Going to the top and only getting the smallest of a change made (even if it was helpful) is proof of that.

I understand, the Visa Processing term used at the embassies are not the same as what the term Visa Processing Fee is attached to.

A visa is processed ,that's printed when an applicant gets approved. So that makes the interview and Administrative processing all different terms not the same thing.

I am not saying that it should be free.Someone spent time on processing the application, they should be paid. But the first time I heard visa processing fee, I mistakenly thought that was a good sign.

An application fee would suffice. It makes more sense since the end result isn't guaranteed.of course, it is wishful thinking..

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

That and the automatic if its your 2 year wedding anniversary at POE you are rewarded a 10 year green card. Too many people been in the process for almost 2 years and seen each other 1 or 2 weeks and get pissed when they are denied or put in AP for not bonafide evidence.

Change from 2 years to 5 years for 10 year green card. Then Remove conditions, make that Citizenship 7 years marred to a US citizen spouse. If you divorce them you wait 10 years before you can be citizen. And 15 years if you want to petition someone else. So no one can marry citizen divorce and petition immediately. Only those who actually were living together those 2 years broad should be considered for 10 year. That may make people go hmmmm.

I just have seen too many after 2 year landings get green card and he/she is gone soon as green card arrives. I know of 4 just in 2015. One didn't even bother showing up at the US Citizens (wife's) city. Had address changed at interview and POE card came she never knew what was coming. All the while he talking to her she thinks he is in Ghana.

OP, you can't just go by others experience. Not everyone posting their denials are being straight forward. Many will know what's up when they get that NOIR letter from USCIS find out the real deal what happened at interview. Hidden wives, girlfriends, babies not known to petitioner. Not telling petitioner the truth of past applications. These are all some of the few denials at Ghana.

I get your passion and individual CO's if abusing authority need to be address. Someone posted the complaint route. But telling the president which means getting a law implemented or changed just isn't realistic. Also the man has less that 8 months in office and changing this part of immigration isn't at all even on the radar of a priority. Heck they won't even accept his pick for the Supreme court seat. Go to the source let the embassy know HELL NAW!!

I bet if everyone of you folks going through Ghana lately denied or in AP (there is quite a few) all got together and wrote your complaint and each sent in one by one by one you would get some notice.

Omg!! I heard that Ghana story. This wasn't the first either.

I agree with your points 110%.. I believe the USC shouldn't be the only one in the hole. Sometimes the beneficiary blackmails the USC with the affidavit of support. Some Vjers have even recommended to some OP's to use that as leverage.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Passe thread is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.