snurok

8 months waiting for NOA2, then denied K-1 entry (merged)

46 posts in this topic

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I submitted my applications for the 129F fiancé visa on March 6, 2015 by express mail to the Texas Service center.

I was under the impression the process would take at most 5 to possibly 6months to wait.

Now its 8 months going on 9 and nothing.

They were very eager to immediately cash my check and recently update their website to include credit card payments.

They are very good at collecting money but to provide any service is not what they are about.

I called several times to the Texas Center, spoke with the manager and got absolutely no results.

The only information I could get out of them is it could take over 9months while their processing time on their website says 8months.

I contacted the Omboudsman office, congress woman, both of my senators, sent emails to the Texas office, filled out the request form for outside processing time about 10 times and received No responses.

It's like we have your money so go f**** yourself and wait till one day we get around to it.

I'm out of options here and not sure if they will ever get to my file.

I wrote the President Obama a letter as well but I doubt it will do any good.

The only option left I think I have is to track down the Directors at USCIS and go to their homes to ask for help.

As I know emails or faxes will never get anywhere...

It's no wonder why so many hate the US government, they seem to be about themselves and the upper classes and on everyone else....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I submitted my applications for the 129F fiancé visa on March 6, 2015 by express mail to the Texas Service center.

I was under the impression the process would take at most 5 to possibly 6months to wait.

They were very eager to immediately cash my check and recently update their website to include credit card payments.

They are very good at collecting money but to provide any service is not what they are about.

I called several times to the Texas Center, spoke with the manager and got absolutely no results.

The only information I could get out of them is it could take over 9months while their processing time on their website says 8months.

I contacted the Omboudsman office, congress woman, both of my senators, sent emails to the Texas office, filled out the request form for outside processing time about 10 times and received No responses.

It's like we have your money so go f**** yourself and wait till one day we get around to it.

The only option left I think I have is to track down the Directors at USCIS and go to their homes to ask for help.

It's no wonder why so many hate the US government, they seem to be about themselves and the upper classes and ###### on everyone else....

Nice attitude. Better hope that they are not reading your rant and "lose" your case !!!

If you would have asked me before you filed, I would have told you: "Plan on 10 months, be happy with 5."

You're still within that window.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

That is normal waiting time for texas. You are overreacting. I know it sucks to wait!!! but I'm sure you will get an approval soon. Fill in your timeline and you will get an estimate.

They have already change the service centers right after you filed so you won't get any help that way. Be patience is all you can do right now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... We filed in October 2014. We got our NOA-2 less than a week ago. From the date they received it to the day we got the NOA-2 via email, it took one year and 2 days. Nothing to do but sit tight. Easier said than done, I know.

(L) K1 Visa Journey (L)

I-129F sent: 10/23/2014

I-129F received by USCIS: 10/27/2014

NOA-1: 10/30/2014

NOA-2: 10/29/2015

Interview: 02/03/2016 **APPROVED**

Entered US: 03/04/2016

Married: 03/09/2016

Timeline

Don't you think they should at least grant a visitors visa to make up for their disgraceful back log, or at least refund most of the application money. Is it our faults they don't know how to process paperwork, or perhaps in such a despair economy hire more people at uscis? I've done this before 20yers ago and it took 5 months then, it should still be 5 months at most, their backlog is not our problem and not an excuse.

If you bring your car in for service and they tell you it will take 1 week to repair, you would not expect at the end of the week they would not tell you its going to take a year!

Would anyone be in business if they operated like that, only the govt can get away with their ####### since no one really has any control... do WE?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's no wonder why so many hate the US government, they seem to be about themselves and the upper classes and ###### on everyone else....

wow... that's horrible and not right at all.... I guess they let terrorists in faster than helping their own citizens achieve happiness....

Don't you think they should at least grant a visitors visa to make up for their disgraceful back log, or at least refund most of the application money. Is it our faults they don't know how to process paperwork, or perhaps in such a despair economy hire more people at uscis? I've done this before 20yers ago and it took 5 months then, it should still be 5 months at most, their backlog is not our problem and not an excuse.

If you bring your car in for service and they tell you it will take 1 week to repair, you would not expect at the end of the week they would not tell you its going to take a year!

Would anyone be in business if they operated like that, only the govt can get away with their ####### since no one really has any control... do WE?

You are the first from the Philippines that I have seen take the full predicted time to process the petition in quite some time. I guess the Philippines is no longer getting "special attention". Welcome to the waiting process... visas are a privilege not a right... be patient. (squeaky wheels don't always get the grease with USCIS)

While you are waiting you could pop over to the Philippines forum and start reading some, get a handle on the process for Manila.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... We filed in October 2014. We got our NOA-2 less than a week ago. From the date they received it to the day we got the NOA-2 via email, it took one year and 2 days. Nothing to do but sit tight. Easier said than done, I know.

Whoah! WHAT?!?! How is that possible? Did they misplace your file? That's completely ridiculous and horrible. :(

AOS from K1 JOURNEY

10/13/2015 - Applied for Social Security Card
10/31/2015 - Wedding

11/09/2015 - AOS Package Mailed
11/12/2015 - AOS Package Delivered

11/13/2015 - Fingerprint fee for I-485 received

11/14/2015 - Social Security Card received in mail

11/16/2015 - Received 3 NOA text/emails at 11:25pm

11/21/2015 - Received 3 NOA in the mail (receipts dated 11/12/15)

11/27/2015 - Received Biometrics NOA in the mail

12/10/2015 - Biometrics appointment at 9:00am

01/26/2016 - Put in a service request online for EAD (75 days)

01/28/2016 - "assigned to an officer for response"

01/29/2016 - "your inquiry was completed"

02/01/2016 - I-765 & I-131 Approved (received text & email 02/02/16)

02/05/2016 - USCIS status change - EAD mailed w/tracking # (text & email)

02/08/2016 - USCIS status change - "On 02/04/2016, we mailed your new card" for EAD (text & email)

02/08/2016 - Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail (no status updates about AP except "approved")

03/16/2016 - Status changed for I-485 "Name was Updated" (received text & email 03/17/16 9:30am EST) (Never submitted a name change)

04/15/2016 - Called USCIS & Put in a Service Request online regarding "Name was Updated" status

04/15/2016 - Received email "On March 16, 2016 your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence was approved.We have reviewed our electronic records and found that your Permanent Resident Card (PRC) is already in production." (NO INTERVIEW)

05/05/2016 - Another online service request asking status of PRC

05/18/2016 - Received email saying file was in Sacramento, not Pittsburgh, and it was not approved yet. WHAT?!?!

05/20/2016 - Status changed online to "On May 16, 2016, we ordered your new card"

05/23/2016 - USCIS status change - "On 05/23/2016, we mailed your new card" (text & email)

05/24/2016 - USCIS status change - "On 05/24/2016, USPS picked up your new card" w/ tracking info (text & email)

05/26/2016 - Received card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

You're missing the point here, 20 years ago is not today. And they shouldn't have to refund your money. They've done nothing wrong; they also are aware of how to process paperwork as it is their jobs. That being said, your time frame is in line with that of TSC. They are busy. Be thankful that you even have the opportunity to be bringing a foreign fiance into the USA. It's a priviledge, not a right.

Uhh... I don't think you should be lecturing the original poster on being patient and thankful, considering you received your NOA2 in a month!! You didn't have to endure the pain and frustration of waiting several months simply due to the incompetence of the Texas service center. I am the tax paying US citizen who paid the same fees to bring my fiance over, so I do consider it my "right" to be processed in a timely and efficient manner. It may be a "privilege" as you say to bring your fiance over, but we are only talking about them looking at our applications for God's sake! The disparity between Texas and CSC is outrageous and we have every right to complain. Especially the person who waited a year to be approved.. nobody should have to go through that, when others are approved in weeks. It is simply ineptitude on the service center's fault and not fair. And I was one of the "lucky" ones approved after 6 months at TSC. Good luck OP, I hope you get your approval soon.

Our K-1 journey:

3/2/2015- Petition sent Fedex overnight

3/3/2015- Petition received (NOA1 according to USCIS website)

3/5/2015- Paper NOA1 notice date

9/1/2015- NOA2!! (182 days)

9/4/2015- sent to NVC

9/17/2015- finally got through to NVC and case number assigned

9/24/2015-Status changed to "in transit"

9/29/2015-Dublin Embassy Received

9/29/2015-Packet 3 Received

10/7/2015- Medical scheduled

10/7/2015- Packet 3/readiness sent (Dublin Embassy needs medical complete before readiness is sent)

10/8/2015- Interview scheduled for Oct 29

10/29/2015- Interview, approved! (241 days)

11/9/2015- Visa in hand

12/30/2015- Planned US entry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

naddy, you hit the nail on the head. Agree 100%. I'm a march 9 filer, and was under the impression I could get a K-1 in half the time of a spousal visa. Boy was I wrong. They are just robbing us of time being together. Time that can't be replaced. I'm not getting any younger !

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

UPDATE.... After 9 months of impatiently waiting, calling, emailing, writing letters to the president, senators, congress woman just received the final email alert today the case was approved.

took 9 months and as the one you said I'm lucky if its less than a year.

Well luck should have nothing to do with it, the govt needs to fix itself as in the coming years they will quadruple with applications as more people from other countries will be coming here because of war and climate changes.

I'm just happy this step is over... hope there will not be anymore surprises to come....

My advice to anyone reading this....

Try to avoid at all costs sending your application to the Texas office. Vermont seems to be the best office right now with a advertised 5 month waiting time.

Good Luck.............

All i-129F petitions for a fiancé are sent to the Texas lockbox who routes them from there. You have no choice.

Also if fiancé petitions increase due to war and climate change then more will be denied as it will be for immigration benefits not love and family benefits

I am happy that you finally got your NOa2 and can continue your journey. Best of luck to you in the future. May you have a long and happy marriage.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 4 months later...
Timeline

your not going to believe this after 13-14 months of waiting...

After 13months and skyping everyday, we finally got our Fiance Visa approved and scheduled the first flight out to be together.

After traveling for 25 hours and entering CBP in LAX they just had to burst the bubble. Accused her of lying and said you are coming here to work, liar. And she really got scared when they said we can put you in jail for 5 years if your lying. Took away her cell phone so she couldnt call me, i spent 2 hours in the airport looking for here in miami but she never showed since they were holding her prisoner. They called me later but only told me she was being sent back on the next plane home and no other info they would provide.

I had to wait 3 days before I could finally speak with the frail girl who's dreams and life had been shattered .

At this point i'm not sure what to do as I am really screwed.

They pushed her to sign a 5 year ban not to re-enter the country when she did not admit to any wrong doing.

Only there accusations that she is lying, marrying an us citizens to come here get a job then divorce him.

Took away her cellphone, locked her up in a closet, held her for 15hours and only gave her a cup of water and noodles to eat.

sent her back on the next plane and she had to wait in Shanghai for another 15 hours with no phone, would not give her any water or food for 15 hours.

Never fly on China eastern, they are obviously not nice people.

Totally screwed! Did nothing wrong!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.