31 posts in this topic

So here's my story: For about a year and a half I've been dating this girl. We had been very happy together for the most part. But had found out she was married a few months into the relationship. By that time I already had feelings. And decided to stay. Probably against good judgment.She arrived here in the states about two years ago. She met her husband on the internet, she came into the states on a temporary visa, and shortly after married. She soon then had buyers remorse as did her husband that automatically regretted the marriage. And six months later I met her. A lot has happend since all this went on. And was under the impression that he was aware of me (dating this woman) from previous conversations. So I contacted him via social media telling him if I could "help" in any way since their divorce was a mutual decision. Turns out he didn't know about me (which I find hard to believe) and asked her about it. That day she went from saying she loved me, to she didn't want to be together anymore and had no feelings. Apparently he no longer wishes to help her and she seems to have bitter anger towards me. In many aspects I feel she just cares about the GC and nothing else. Please I need help. What do I do?

she cares about her feelings. You went and spoke to her husband without speaking to her first, maybe she was trying to find a way to leave him for you. You have a lot to learn. I do not know why every one thinks when they are married to, or are in love with someone from another county something happen and it is fraud. Do you not think if the girl was from the USA she would of acted the same way. of course she would of

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline

The lady sounds like she is confused "That day she went from saying she loved me, to she didn't want to be together anymore and had no feelings.." If I were you, I'd run (not walk) away. "But had found out she was married a few months into the relationship.'. (Why did you have to find out, why did she not tell you). Answer this question and if you find your next steps. Best of luck to you.

Filed: Timeline

Dude what did U want help with?

Because its an immigration site ppl react with immigration answers.

You may just want to marry her but don't know it yet, you want help

from the site. so bro U fallen in something ...Love maybe?? why contact

her husband.

O think this woman only love herself right now so only U can decide

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

do you have any legal ties to her? Have you filed immigration paperwork, or anything of any kind on her behalf?

If not, then tell her you do not with to speak to her again, and do not speak to her again. She is a dishonest woman. I can confidently advise you that you should avoid any kind of relationship with her. I have some life experience with dishonest women :oops: so you can take my word for it. There are plenty of trustworthy women out there for you. Don't waste your time with this one.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I think everyone pretty much covered all the bases but possibly one more person chiming in can cause some reality/common sense to sink in...........

1. She started dating you under false pretenses. One would assume that if a woman starts dating a man that she is single. Once you found out she was married, did it not raise a red flag that this wasn't disclosed right off the bat? There could be a lot of factors in this. For instance, maybe she had no intentions of dating you and "love" just sort of happened and then she felt the need to tell you. It happens. Heck, it happened to me. I was dating a girl here in Europe and things started to get serious. After nearly a year of dating, she tells me that she is still married to an American that moved to the states. Guess what I did, I ran and said "why the heck didn't you tell me that in the beginning and why are you not trying to get a divorce". Turns out, she had a criminal record the size of a dictionary and she was permanently banned from the states (husband couldn't take her), fooled me for almost a year... but I digress....

2. Her husband apparently had no idea that she was seeing someone else. Once again, if she really was no longer participating in this marriage and had been seeing you for over a year, don't you think her husband would have some sort of idea? I think there are a lot of facts to this story that are not out in the open. Do they live together or are they separated? This whole story just makes no sense.

3. Why would you take it upon yourself to contact her husband? If it was to the point that you felt the need to go around her to find out things from her husband, then why even speak to this woman? If you had no plans of getting married to her then why would her divorce concern you so much? Here is my thoughts on why she no longer "loves" you..... She had guaranteed passage into the states already in place which was ruined by contacting her husband. Not sure if she is angry at you for being slightly weird and contacting her husband without her knowing, or she is mad that you put a kink in her "marriage". Either way, it's shady business for you to be a part of.

I really am not sure what you want to hear....... Common sense says run away and forget about her. She told you that she has no feelings and wants to end the relationship so what more is there to talk about? If she doesn't want to be with you, how is dating advice from random strangers on the internet going to help? I am also not sure how this falls into the realms of immigration if you have no legal ties to her.

Just by going what you have told us, it seems this woman is a deceitful, conniving snake that is just playing her cards to get what she wants. Not sure if you have really put thought into this----> she was only married for 6 months and they had a "mutual decision" the marriage wasn't working (and I assume this is coming from her so the chances of that being factual seem slim). If you have been dating her for 1.5 years, her green card is probably about to expire. Now that the husband knows you all have been seeing each other, he could absolutely claim this marriage was fraudulant on her part and that she just used him to get to the states. That is just a hypothesis, but if it did come to that, you would not have to worry about making a decision on whether to keep trying to be with her.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

do you have any legal ties to her? Have you filed immigration paperwork, or anything of any kind on her behalf?

How could he have? He's not connected to her legally, on which grounds would HE be filing immigration paperwork for her? Only her husband can do this (if we're talking K-1 / CR-1 visas initially).

I agree with the posters saying they don't see how the OP is tangled (and unsure even what the initial question was about). You're not married to her and have no legal obligations, just move on now.

Edited by Hollyday

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

If it makes it any better she had her passport on hold and received it already so I'm under the impression that the items to received the green card have been already filed. So I guess what I'm asking is from all this should I even be involved or trust the situation?

You are already involved and trust is out of the question because you have been lied to about a serious situation.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My thoughts exactly.

my question is, why are you on an immigration website asking dating advice?

Month/Day/Year 09/24/2013 - Priority Date09/26/2013 - NOA112/18/2013 - NOA2 - Approved01/06/2014 - NVC Received my case02/13/2015 - Received email to pay AOS/ DS-261 WAIVED02/14/2015 - AOS & IV Fees Paid03/06/2015 - Financial Documents and Civil documents sent to NVC03/09/2015 - NVC Received03/09/2015 - NVC Scan Date03/09/2015 - Ds260 completed and submitted03/11/2015 - NVC sent confirmation via email04/04/2015 - AOS Checklist 04/06/2015 -Response to Checklist04/07/2015 - New Scan Date04/30/2015 - Case complete confirmation via phone05/07/2015 - Received case complete confirmation mail06/02/2015 - Interview Date ( 2nd July 2015) over the phone 06/08/2015 - Interview Letter arrived via Email 06/15/2015 - Medical Test Completed06/10/2015 - Case shows READY at CEAC portal<p>Visa Approved, waiting to pick up passport :)

Just trust your judgement. I have no idea why you went and contacted the husband, though.

I agree! Exactly with what were you hoping to help with?? :sleepy: ....

K1 Visa

Service Center :         Texas Service Center

Transferred?               California Service Center on 2014-08-11

Consulate :                Dominican Republic

I-129F Sent :              2014-05-15

I-129F NOA1 :            2014-05-22                

I-129F NOA2 :            2014-09-16

NVC Received :         2014-10-07

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :           2014-10-09

NVC Left : 2014-10-22

Consulate Received :  2014-10-23

Interview Date :          2015-01-13 

Interview Result :       Approved:                 

Marriage :  2015-06-06

Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 117 days from your NOA1 date.  Your interview took 236 days from your I-129F NOA1 date

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17  

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved : Yes     Green Card Received: 2015-10-20

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed :                2015-04-11

NOA Date :                2015-04-17

Bio. Appt. :                2015-05-12

Approved Date :         2015-07-02

Date Card Received :  2015-07-15   ----Estimates/Stats :Your EAD was approved in 82 days.

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :               Vermont Service Center

Date Filed :                2017-07-17

NOA Date :                2017-08-01

RFE(s) :    2018-11-16

Bio. Appt. :                2017-09-06

Interview Date :          No-Interview

Approval / Denial Date :   2018-12-18

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :        Yes

Green Card Received :               

Comments :

You dodged a bullet. Count yourself lucky and move on.

Now chronicling my experience in handy blog format at

http://the-shipping-forecast.tumblr.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.