djestone

Please help me! My ex-wife used me to get her residency

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm so very sorry this happened to you but if you can cut your losses and your parents and you can afford it I would buy her a one way ticket for the next flight to Europe just make sure you drive her to the airport and she gets on the plane. Good luck to you. Just be nice tell her you understand and that you want to help her, two can play at this game.

:no: He has no power to make her leave. Sure, go waste some money buying a ticket for a flight she has no reason to get on. :rolleyes:

She's in school. She has a life here for now. The marriage didn't work out. Sorry bout your luck, OP, but just move on with your life.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

:no: He has no power to make her leave. Sure, go waste some money buying a ticket for a flight she has no reason to get on. :rolleyes:

She's in school. She has a life here for now. The marriage didn't work out. Sorry bout your luck, OP, but just move on with your life.

Didn't mean for him to buy her the ticket and give it to her or force her but offer it to her, since if you actually read the post she WANTS to go live and work in Europe. Geeez sorry I wasn't more specific! I just hope she leaves so hey are off the hook finacially sure seems everyone is on her side and this poor guy is left with a broken heart after this nightmare of a process. Now the fear of her taking advantage of not only him but his parents. He signed the AOS because he loved her, he shouldn't have to haunted by this anymore. The laws need to change to protect citizens from those taking advantage because non of us are psychic! One would think we would all have more compassion geez some of you are just brutal.

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Yes, you're on the hook for the AOS if she needs support; it's part of the heavy-duty nature of bringing someone over from another country to marry.

Since she's the one that has chosen to leave the marriage, give her the goodbye gift of the paperwork burden from this point on.

Get the divorce and move on with your life.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Didn't mean for him to buy her the ticket and give it to her or force her but offer it to her, since if you actually read the post she WANTS to go live and work in Europe. Geeez sorry I wasn't more specific! I just hope she leaves so hey are off the hook finacially sure seems everyone is on her side and this poor guy is left with a broken heart after this nightmare of a process. Now the fear of her taking advantage of not only him but his parents. He signed the AOS because he loved her, he shouldn't have to haunted by this anymore. The laws need to change to protect citizens from those taking advantage because non of us are psychic! One would think we would all have more compassion geez some of you are just brutal.

I read the whole post. He said she's in school at the moment, so she's clearly not ready to leave at the drop of a hat. She says she wants to go back to Europe, but it's not happening tomorrow obviously.

Sorry, but these forums and the immigration process are not all about feelings. Sure, I feel bad for the guy that his marriage is dissolving, but there's no need for him to try and jeopardize her status in the US just because their marriage failed. It would be better for him to focus on moving on and healing than to dwell on how to get back at her.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Filed: Timeline

Not intending to be brutal, but there's 2 sides to every story. We don't know if the soon to be ex wife is likewise heartbroken. For me to leave my country and my family, move to a new country, and then realize my marriage isn't working...that would be my nightmare. People aren't things. You can't just return someone to their country if it doesn't work out. There's no return policy on a human being. The woman moved here, is studying, and clearly established a new life. I say this as the US citizen with a LPR spouse. If my marriage doesn't work, I will never try to ship my ex back- even though I'm the sole sponsor (no co-sponsor).

The affidavit of support is a contract that the petitioner makes with his/her government. Should the ex need help, that's not taking advantage of the OP or his parents. That's the contract they all signed and agreed to.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Not intending to be brutal, but there's 2 sides to every story. We don't know if the soon to be ex wife is likewise heartbroken. For me to leave my country and my family, move to a new country, and then realize my marriage isn't working...that would be my nightmare. People aren't things. You can't just return someone to their country if it doesn't work out. There's no return policy on a human being. The woman moved here, is studying, and clearly established a new life. I say this as the US citizen with a LPR spouse. If my marriage doesn't work, I will never try to ship my ex back- even though I'm the sole sponsor (no co-sponsor).

The affidavit of support is a contract that the petitioner makes with his/her government. Should the ex need help, that's not taking advantage of the OP or his parents. That's the contract they all signed and agreed to.

I agree. Unless there is evidence to proof that it was intented fraud, people need to accept accountablity for their choices in a mate and move on.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you all so much for the feedback and help. I truly do appreciate it.

The truth is, we were young and she had a student visa before. She had to leave the university because she could no longer afford it and I met her through my mom. I have never had a girlfriend before and I really ejoyed skyping and talking with her. She came to visit me and we talked about how getting married will be a way for her to stay longer, but I truly felt that I loved her and wanted to make things work. I don't know if I am able to prove it, but her education was always soley her main goal in her life and she was really broken that she wasn't able to finish her university on her student visa. I really did love her and I wanted nothing more but for her to love me back and make things work. My family and I sacrificed everything we had for her. We got a house, helped her get a car and a job and the endless amounts of gifts, but in the end she just said 'she didn't love me as much as I loved her'.

I wanted to ask, I thought there was a form that my parents can fill up to remove themselves as the co-sponsor? I lost the link to the form, but when I find it I will post it here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No such form, why bother having it if it was so easy to avoid?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

There is no such form. but if you go back and read the I-864 you'll see under what conditions they can get out of the I-864.

It also specifically states "Note that divorce does not terminate your obligations under this form I-864."

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Thank you all so much for the feedback and help. I truly do appreciate it.

The truth is, we were young and she had a student visa before. She had to leave the university because she could no longer afford it and I met her through my mom. I have never had a girlfriend before and I really ejoyed skyping and talking with her. She came to visit me and we talked about how getting married will be a way for her to stay longer, but I truly felt that I loved her and wanted to make things work. I don't know if I am able to prove it, but her education was always soley her main goal in her life and she was really broken that she wasn't able to finish her university on her student visa. I really did love her and I wanted nothing more but for her to love me back and make things work. My family and I sacrificed everything we had for her. We got a house, helped her get a car and a job and the endless amounts of gifts, but in the end she just said 'she didn't love me as much as I loved her'.

I wanted to ask, I thought there was a form that my parents can fill up to remove themselves as the co-sponsor? I lost the link to the form, but when I find it I will post it here.

It is all about your one-sided love for her.

Too bad for your parents as financial co-sponsors.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's no return policy on a human being.

Yes there is. It is called the law. If there is a finding of fraud, they have to go back. Not because they are a "thing". But because it is the law.

This is the most common put-down on this forum, and it says more about the person saying it than it does about the person who has the rightful concern of someone faking love for the purpose of getting here. It is illegal. So here you have someone quite possibly committing a crime, for which the penalty is to be sent home, and people give this asinine lecture about people not being objects.

Is there anyone on the face of the earth that actually needs to be told that people are not objects? Only the sociopaths amongst us, and it does no good to tell them anyway.

If you went to congress and asked them to change the law so that marriage fraud perpetrators could stay here, on the basis that they are not objects - they would laugh in your face. Because simple justice alone and any sense of human decency compels people to demand that yes: when you come here under false pretenses you have no right to be here and should be sent home. Because you are human alright: a human with despicable morals, a criminal, and good riddance to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Obama etc seem to have a different view.

We have here a disappointed spouse, if there was fraud involved he has proffered no evidence.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Yes there is. It is called the law. If there is a finding of fraud, they have to go back. Not because they are a "thing". But because it is the law.

This is the most common put-down on this forum, and it says more about the person saying it than it does about the person who has the rightful concern of someone faking love for the purpose of getting here. It is illegal. So here you have someone quite possibly committing a crime, for which the penalty is to be sent home, and people give this asinine lecture about people not being objects.

Is there anyone on the face of the earth that actually needs to be told that people are not objects? Only the sociopaths amongst us, and it does no good to tell them anyway.

If you went to congress and asked them to change the law so that marriage fraud perpetrators could stay here, on the basis that they are not objects - they would laugh in your face. Because simple justice alone and any sense of human decency compels people to demand that yes: when you come here under false pretenses you have no right to be here and should be sent home. Because you are human alright: a human with despicable morals, a criminal, and good riddance to you.

Obviously we understand that IF fraud was committed that the beneficiary as per law can/should/will be send back to their country.

What you fail to comprehend from the flow of this thread is that there is no evidence that the marriage was entered into fraudulently, at least

it has not been brought up here by the OP.

What you also fail to realize is that all too often we see threads where someone's marriage failed not due to fraud and they are now on

a revenge kick to try everything and want to "call ice and have them pick them up" just like someone would call UPS for a return.

(You wrote the same not so nice comment in that OTHER thread).

Mostly it is to "get back at the beneficiary" and putting all the blame on them or they think that they can get out of the

signed and agreed upon contract to be financially responsible if the beneficiary takes means tested benefits he is not entitled to or are afraid

they have to pay other support.

To answer your question yes, some people need to be told that human beings aren't to

be treated as objects. It is not a put down but a fact and a 'rightful concern' is not the same as factual evidence.

I do not think that this OP is vengefull but he is hurt and wants out of the financial bind.

As to any future comments by you about reiterating that it is the law to deport fraudsters, believe it or not we all do know that !

I want to remind you of my post in the OTHER thread that the law indeed protects immigrants from "I just want him/her gone back to where he/she

came from" hissy fit tantrum rants thrown by petitioners where there was no fraud committed whatsoever and they are grasping for imaginary

straws to shift blame and responsibility.

Differentiate between the two before you get your feathers ruffled.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.