Happygirl007

Worth mistake I ever made!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm not here to get judge or harassed. I will try and make this as short and clear as possible. I need to know my rights and steps that should be taken.

I'm the U.S.C and petitioner to my husband he has been here about 1 1/2 yr now, we are in the process to file for ROC, since his arrival things has been going very rocky there has been verbal abusive as well and physical, he has made it clear to me and my family and his that he is just with me to gain his full ten year green card and that he is just waiting until that day come so he can leave. I have to start preparing for roc but as this situation is goin I don't want to process with the process of doing his paperworks.

Please I need help! What do I do? Report him to USCIS? Do I write a letter explain the situation as to why I will not be filing for ROC on time?? I would appreciate anyone help here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm not here to get judge or harassed. I will try and make this as short and clear as possible. I need to know my rights and steps that should be taken.

I'm the U.S.C and petitioner to my husband he has been here about 1 1/2 yr now, we are in the process to file for ROC, since his arrival things has been going very rocky there has been verbal abusive as well and physical, he has made it clear to me and my family and his that he is just with me to gain his full ten year green card and that he is just waiting until that day come so he can leave. I have to start preparing for roc but as this situation is goin I don't want to process with the process of doing his paperworks.

Please I need help! What do I do? Report him to USCIS? Do I write a letter explain the situation as to why I will not be filing for ROC on time?? I would appreciate anyone help here!

Not judging you... but why in the world are you still with him after 1.5 years of abuse?

You should totally report him and stop helping him ...

I don't know if will be able to prevent him from getting his green card (I have seen tons of posts from scammers posting on this site getting away with taking advantage of their spouses) But at least make sure you are safe and that he has no way to hurt you. Chances are he will get very angry when he finds out his "precious GC" is at risk, so you have to make sure the police is aware of the danger he represents, regardless of informing USCIS.

I am sure soon some other VJ users who are more familiar with the subject will give you more advice on the immigration part , but for now ... Safety first! God bless you.

Edited by SweetOpossum

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Were you his sponsor? By signing the affadavit of support I-864 you accepted legal and financial responsibility for the sponsored alien relative until they become US citizens or until they can be credited for 40 quarters of work. He has not been there long enough.... Unfortunately this puts you in a bad situation, and makes you liable to be sued by him if you don't go about this the right way. My suggestion is to go to the police regards his physical abuse. Even if you don't want him jailed, it shows you have filed a report, and that things were not great in the marriage. This could be useful to you at a later date.

I would seek advice from a lawyer, if you can afford. You are by no means accountable of anything if he is physically abusive of you.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nor law professional.

Edited by dgreening

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Were you his sponsor? By signing the affadavit of support I-864 you accepted legal and financial responsibility for the sponsored alien relative until they become US citizens or until they can be credited for 40 quarters of work. He has not been there long enough.... Unfortunately this puts you in a bad situation, and makes you liable to be sued by him if you don't go about this the right way. My suggestion is to go to the police regards his physical abuse. Even if you don't want him jailed, it shows you have filed a report, and that things were not great in the marriage. This could be useful to you at a later date.

I would seek advice from a lawyer, if you can afford. You are by no means accountable of anything if he is physically abusive of you.

I agree with this post.... and I would say get him jailed if he actually hurt you.

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

The way I understood it is that she is liable to be sued by the government (not him) if he claims welfare or government support before he becomes a citizen or has completed 40 quarters of work? Because by signing the AOS she is agreeing that she and not the government is going to support him.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

I did file a police report, and I didn't press charges, my mine consider is ROC I know I have 90 to submit all paperworks in a timely fashion, since our marriage wasn't in good faith on his behave I don't want to go forth with roc I understand the AOS, and understand I'm his legal sponsor for those 40 quarters or until he becomes a USC . I have picture of all my bruises, police report I can even get statements from friends and family who are aware of the abusive and of the mistreatment. I just need to know my options since I have time to file this complaint with USCIS.

Thanks for you comments

I wouldn't wait until it's time to file for ROC to notify USCIS. You have the reports and evidence, write a letter and send it to your local office so they can make sure it winds up in his A# file. I'd even send one copy signature confirmation to USCIS (whichever dropbox is for ROC), and bring one copy in person to an infopass appointment and not leave until I've met with fraud prevention manager and had a confirmation in hand they took the filing and will include it in his A#f file.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the "Effects of Major Changes" forum, where such topics are often discussed. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

@Caryh I'm concern about his status because I one I obey the law and I know I have to file within a time frame and I need to understand how can I be jeperodie in anyway. And he if he decide to leave the home he know where I live and that can make matters worst as he know that he is at a point of not getting what he wants. So I'm covering all my points invoking police now is involing USIC as they will need to know why I didn't file roc and no divorce has been file.

@milmelo thank you for that information I will def. keep that in mind and will proceed with this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

@Caryh I'm concern about his status because I one I obey the law and I know I have to file within a time frame and I need to understand how can I be jeperodie in anyway. And he if he decide to leave the home he know where I live and that can make matters worst as he know that he is at a point of not getting what he wants. So I'm covering all my points invoking police now is involing USIC as they will need to know why I didn't file roc and no divorce has been file.

@milmelo thank you for that information I will def. keep that in mind and will proceed with this.

YOU do not need to file within the time frame and you are under no obligation to file ROC. He needs to tell USCIS why ROC has not been filed, not you.

Step 1 - get divorced

Step 2 - move on

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Is he threatening you, making you file the ROC? Otherwise, why do it? You need to get away from this guy.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I did file a police report, and I didn't press charges, my mine consider is ROC I know I have 90 to submit all paperworks in a timely fashion, since our marriage wasn't in good faith on his behave I don't want to go forth with roc I understand the AOS, and understand I'm his legal sponsor for those 40 quarters or until he becomes a USC . I have picture of all my bruises, police report I can even get statements from friends and family who are aware of the abusive and of the mistreatment. I just need to know my options since I have time to file this complaint with USCIS.

Thanks for you comments

You do not have to do absolutely anything, you do not even sign the forms for RoC. It is good and bad - bad because he can do it entirely on his own, good - because if he thinks you need to do it, just don't.

As others said - protect yourself, if you physically hurt, report that to police and get restraining order. Than divorce and move on.

If you have a clear evidence he used you for GC, submit to USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.