RomanianBeauty

A reality tv series on k-1 visa on tlc (90 day fiance)

455 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

lol. Backpedaling already. So now the word game is they don't know each other "very well" - and whatever definition you want that to be.

These individuals were the result of a highly selective process, designed to give the impression of not knowing each other. This is the same thing, logically, as scripting the show. Since they are coached as well, it is just a situation comedy or drama with a phony pretext.

No, I don't need to watch it to see the very reaction I quoted to you, and others as well, that concede explicitly there is deception about the process.

it's very easy, what rlogan wrote and I wrote

makes for one heck of a reality tv-show - bring the @#$@ing drama and sell some adverts !

all this other stuff doesn't matter - the candidates MUST meet guidelines or they don't get on the show.

you can reverse engineer the guidelines (no, not you, rlogan - I mean anyone) by watching season 1, taking copious notes during the 'wt_f' moments and there ya go !

this show is a joke, is no way that it represents 90 percent, or even 80 percent, of k1 visa chasers and their loved ones. no f'ing way.

I have spoken.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband and I watched the first season and the first episode of this new season. It's entertaining and we know that's all the show was created for...to entertain.

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I love this show.

I'm in my 2nd LDR and lets say, im so glad ive been lucky enough to live with him a year.

My first boyfriend and i were together 6 years before i moved to England to go to school (and to be with him) The most amount of time i spent with him before that was a two weeks-a month at a time. We did that about 2-3 times.

I was with him in England for 6 months and i couldnt do it anymore. We had nothing in common, i didnt like a lot of stuff about him that i might have known but pushed it aside. anywho lets just say im so glad i didnt do this visa with him.

I always wonder with these new couples if they have similar experiences to mine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I quoted what I wrote the first time.

Sure the producers hand pick those who have little time together.....but so what? They represent a significant share of those doing the k-1.

Well, it is hard to argue with such a stupid position - that hand picking reality show personalities makes no difference. lol.

Right now they are processing K-1's that are 248 days from their initial I-129F filing. Add to that the time required to complete the processing, issue the K-1, and travel to the USA. Add to that the months (or years) that people corresponded before they even went to visit the first time. Add to that the time between meeting and applying K-1. You are well over a year on average that people have been specifically getting to know one another for marriage before they even get here.

It is highly deceptive to pretend that people who have been courting for marriage more than a year "hardly know each other". That is an expression you use for people that you have maybe met once at a work function, a parent of some kid in your PTA, and what-not. It is entirely inappropriate language for people that are specifically courting each other for marriage more than a year. That's just malicious manipulative rhetoric to put them down.

It says a lot more about you than it does about them.

Timeline

I just went to the website for the TV show. Gee, I suppose it is an amazing coincidence that not one mention was made for any couple how long they knew each other before coming. I suppose too it is a coincidence that whenever any time horizon is actually mentioned that it is worded like this:

Brett traveled to the Philippines to meet Daya and spent five days with her. Then, Brett proposed!

Oh sure, that isn't worded to give the appearance of knowing each other for only five days, is it?

How about this:

Justin is a typical bachelor and hasn't told anyone about his relationship with Evelin

Oh yes - so typical that none of us even tell other people we are involved in a relationship.

Then there's fat Daniel with four kids, age 41 and her hottie Mohammed from Tunisia, 26. Very typical.

Danny’s father does not approve of interracial dating

Yes, probably the most common bond for all of us here on visajourney - our racist parents.

It's hard to imagine the Learning Channel coming up with a more informative program with circumstances so pervasive in K-1 visas.

Well, it is hard to argue with such a stupid position - that hand picking reality show personalities makes no difference. lol.

Right now they are processing K-1's that are 248 days from their initial I-129F filing. Add to that the time required to complete the processing, issue the K-1, and travel to the USA. Add to that the months (or years) that people corresponded before they even went to visit the first time. Add to that the time between meeting and applying K-1. You are well over a year on average that people have been specifically getting to know one another for marriage before they even get here.

It is highly deceptive to pretend that people who have been courting for marriage more than a year "hardly know each other". That is an expression you use for people that you have maybe met once at a work function, a parent of some kid in your PTA, and what-not. It is entirely inappropriate language for people that are specifically courting each other for marriage more than a year. That's just malicious manipulative rhetoric to put them down.

It says a lot more about you than it does about them.

Why care about what other people think of a t.v. show if you do not believe it portrays the realities of your relationship? If you`re happy with your decision then so be it and screw other peoples judgments.

Relationships are different for everyone. I for one could not imagine committing by getting engaged or even less married with so little time spent face to face with someone. But then again I'm in a, as mentioned 'Canadian-American relationship' and have spent just about 100 days over the span of a year with my fiance before getting engaged, but that is what we chose because it's a part of a relationship we need to commit.

Everyone makes their own decisions and part of being in a mature relationship is owning up to the path we have laid out before us. So if you're happy and confident in your relationships why should you be defensive?

Edited by LiliBurd

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

we were going to be on the show but we decided we did not want to auditon. this is a journey we want to share together to the fullest. we do not need a show

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I missed the last two episodes, so I watched them online last night.

I think everyone who goes through this process should watch the show. Specifically to learn what not to do. :idea:

I am looking forward to the next episode.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Timeline

My husband and I watched the latest episode and I was kinda disappointed with how the Filipina reacted on her engagement ring to the extent of asking her fiance to go the jewelry store to have it checked. Personally, I don't care if the ring is real or not what matters most is how I am loved and cared by my man.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Danielle lost her job and they're having difficulty paying for AOS. The show didn't give them any $$ for filming their lives?