RomanianBeauty

A reality tv series on k-1 visa on tlc (90 day fiance)

455 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance and I just watched episode 1 together.. We had way too many comments on it.

We both agreed we'd have preferred to see a couple with more commonalities. Not to say that every couple with language/culture barriers is going to have a tough time - but why not show a more "common" couple? England/USA, Canada/USA, Australia/USA, etc... Instead we have huge culture and language barriers.

Then again I suppose the question is the answer - there's not as much drama. Not as much possibility for drama. Instead of showing how a K-1 can actually help couples (especially those of us together a LONG time.. my fiance and I have been together going on six years), they take the ones together a year or less and add even MORE stress to the process by shoving a camera in an already difficult time.

We had some laughs, we both judged too much and we'll probably continue watching it just to finish it up. I wish there was a true "reality" show that doesn't just show the drama, but also the couples together a long time who struggled and finally made it.

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

The show basically shows what it happens with most of K1 filers, they meet each other once or twice, date 30/90 days and boom...they get engaged .The show just did not show that usually the marriages last 1/3 years, but we can see this here every day.

YES, there are scams and people that rush into marriage & it doesnt Last

YES, some date for a couple of months/weeks when they get engaged but when you know it's the one or you're in love you do what your heart tells you to.

People get married quick, people divorce every day, but this doesn't just apply to K1 visa holders.

You can't put every relationship in the same basket !

My fiancé proposed to me the first day we met, after talking and webcaming for over 6months. We've met 4x in the last year (& let me tell you, not everyone can afford to travel that often!! Especially when the tickets cost min. $1400), I'm giving up my life for a life ans marriage with him.

Feel free to hate, I am in love and I am happy! I would not take such a huge step for a 1/3year relationship! You seem to be a hater, that's all.

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

She's not a hater, realist rather. Glad you're in love, wish you luck but fact that there's enormous amount of people that get into K-1 journey without knowing anything about the other person and without having anything in common is undeniable. Some are just in love, some do it deliberately...

Not that people normally don't do it, just here distance and the process adds to it and in addition you have an "award" of that little green colored card...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from General Immigration-Related Discussion to Off Topic where other thread about this TV show already exists ~

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/470939-new-reality-show-about-k1-visa-merged/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

She's not a hater, realist rather. Glad you're in love, wish you luck but fact that there's enormous amount of people that get into K-1 journey without knowing anything about the other person and without having anything in common is undeniable. Some are just in love, some do it deliberately...

Not that people normally don't do it, just here distance and the process adds to it and in addition you have an "award" of that little green colored card...

Like I said, one should not put all couples into the same basket.

Also I don't see the GC as an award or bonus, if there was a similar visa to the K1 in other countries or in mine, my fiancé would already be here.

It's a long process (K1) especially through TSC, most couples who make it through it, truly want to be together. Also, being married to a US citizen doesnt grant the foreigner a permanent GC or to stay in the US.

I'm sorry But it bothers me when people think most people are using the K1 visa to get a GC or stay in the US. Just because there are many trolls on here using the K1visa to enter the US, a lot of people do it to be reunited because there are not so many ways for couples in a ldr with is citizens to be together.

And it doesnt always work for the US citizen to go to the foreigner's country. On my side, being a student I cannot get my fiancé here I would have to have a permanent full time job for over a certain amount of time to petition and get him to stay for maximum 6months .... A K1 visa was definitely the best option!

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I kinda want to punch something everytime some asks me if our visa is "like that show on TLC"

That being said I saw the commerical during a Say Yes to the Dress Marathon and they show a clip of a couple hugging at the airport. I'm in the midst of planning a wedding and waiting on my fiance's interview and that scene definitely brought tears to my eyes :)

K-1 Visa Timeline

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-15!!!!!!!!!

NVC Received :2014-10-07

NVC Left :2014-10-10

Consulate Received :2014-10-16

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-20

Medical: 2014-11-05

Packet 4 Received : 2014-11-15

Interview Date : 2014-12-19

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2015-01-08

Marriage : 2015-02-12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had some people ask me if I was going to apply for that show! LOL... I watched it out of curiosity... I hated that they really sort of push the stereotypes that come with K-1 visas... I agree they sort of miss any element of all the waiting around. I think they easily could have done that in the interviews.

I hope if they continue the show they can mix it up a little. Show a couple that actually has visited each other frequently, pick a country that isn't stereotyped as mail order bride like... show a couple where the man moves, show an older couple, same sex couple etc. Really there are so many options. I knew it would fall short, but I still watched.

I couldn't imagine having to go through everything we go through for a K-1 and to deal with filming a show AND deal with the fall out when TLC edits it to make you look bad.... oi!

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

--------------------------

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

I just out of curiosity looked at TLC site...they have a special "where are they now" of season 1 coming up, and only 3 of the 4 couples are in it...that says a lot to me. They also have a preview of next season...another Colombian fiance, and one from Tunisia...that last one will be lambasted in all the forums...the USC is 41, the male fiance 26...

I think it is one of the shows you may watch purely out of curiosity, rather than true interest.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

errata:

1. it's reality tv - there must be something 'off' and include conflict, or no one watch it. not watch it? cannot increase advertising revenue.

2. the shows producers were soliciting here last year.

3. none of the process about the paperwork was discussed on the tv show.

4. none of the heart-wrenching land-mass separations were discussed on the tv show.

5. '90 day fiance' as a title is a misnomer, as the person was a fiance prior to filing the I-129F, ages past. sure, the couple has 90 days in which to get married, but the allusion here (illusion?) is that one has 90 days to decide about actually saying yes to be married. bollocks.

and finally..

6. it's a canadien production company - they should have their rights to be on usa soil revoked for creating such a tasteless show. They have other shows, should be yanked for the same reason.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Similar Topic Merged with one in Off Topic~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Not sure what using a Canadian production company has to do with anything. A significant number of US TV shows and movies are shot in Canada, or use Canadian production companies...they are simply contractors.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

fact that there's enormous amount of people that get into K-1 journey without knowing anything about the other person and without having anything in common is undeniable.

I deny it.

Without knowing ANYTHING? NOTHING in common? An enormous amount of people? Rubbish.

I'll bet you can't give us a single example of that! You can't even APPLY for K-1 unless you have already met in person and can prove to the satisfaction of authorities that you have a relationship.