RomanianBeauty

A reality tv series on k-1 visa on tlc (90 day fiance)

455 posts in this topic

We watched the first season and the follow-up. We'll watch this season too, it's on the dvr schedule. I never thought it was meant to be a guide and obviously people are coached to say outrageous things e.g. "gold digger/green card hunter" . I have to admit though, I heard a few comments that were similar to those on the show from acquaintances before my fiancé/wife arrived. We're just taking the show for what it's worth, entertainment.

Kevin

Exactly, TLC never said or implied it was a guide on steps to acquire the visa... it is just entertainment.

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The show basically shows what it happens with most of K1 filers, they meet each other once or twice, date 30/90 days and boom...they get engaged .The show just did not show that usually the marriages last 1/3 years, but we can see this here every day.

Do you have some data to suggest K1 marriages are less successful than the 50% we see in the general population? I suspect the success rate is similar. You see a lot of threads about divorces here, because that's when people have a question. Someone happily married after AOS and ROC isn't going to be posting here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I like the show. Sure the producers hand pick those who have little time together.....but so what? They represent a significant share of those doing the k-1.

I am not surprised that the season one couples are still together, but from what I saw on the first episode of season two it looks like 2 couple will not make it more than two years.

1. The fat lady with the young husband is out of her league. Not only that she is a basket case and he does not seem to really love her.

2, The guy who considers himself a ladies man and basically told her to wash the dishes while he watches a game. He is not ready for marriage. Seems to me he is playing a badass for tv. The other option is he is just an a##

I like the show. Sure the producers hand pick those who have little time together.....but so what? They represent a significant share of those doing the k-1.

I am not surprised that the season one couples are still together, but from what I saw on the first episode of season two it looks like 2 couple will not make it more than two years.

1. The fat lady with the young husband is out of her league. Not only that she is a basket case and he does not seem to really love her.

2, The guy who considers himself a ladies man and basically told her to wash the dishes while he watches a game. He is not ready for marriage. Seems to me he is playing a badass for tv. The other option is he is just an a##

I agree on all of this. I kept wondering if Danielle was unhinged, a little slow, or both. Their body language is TERRIBLE. The young couple where the guy is a Nicaraguan pop star is adorable.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

i think Daya that came to Wahington is a ######.. "i told you i wanted roses".. like #######

And her fiance comes off as rather gay. My wife even asked me if he's gay, my only response was, it sure seems like it. And what's with all his friends and roommates being ladies at least 20 years his senior?

Could be this is just drama building by the producers, they certainly did a lot of that with the first season's couples. So much so I think that's why one couple refused to be in the update episode.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

And her fiance comes off as rather gay. My wife even asked me if he's gay, my only response was, it sure seems like it. And what's with all his friends and roommates being ladies at least 20 years his senior?

Could be this is just drama building by the producers, they certainly did a lot of that with the first season's couples. So much so I think that's why one couple refused to be in the update episode.

i read that somebody saw Louis' profile on Tinder or something like that.. some dating website recently.. so maybe they broke up

Edited by UK_Fan

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You know what I wonder about this show (I haven't seen it but my friends LOVE to tell/ask me about it)....does being on a reality show effect their interview? They haven't received GC's yet right? What happens when they go to their interview and they have to explain their reality show? I've always wondered about that. I guess as long as they're still married they wouldn't care, but seems kinda stupid to air your dirty laundry on a reality show when you don't have a GC in hand yet.

Timeline

i also wonder why Chelsea and Yamir didn't do DCF for a spouse visa. seems like they were in the best position for it and actually spent time together as a legit couple.

event.png

i read that somebody saw Louis' profile on Tinder or something like that.. some dating website recently.. so maybe they broke up

A break up wouldn't have surprised me either. And one of last years couples appears to still have a lot to learn about being married.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

A break up wouldn't have surprised me either. And one of last years couples appears to still have a lot to learn about being married.

yeah.. all of a sudden Pao needs to go to Columbia for 3 months to work on her "choooos" a haha love it!

Laura says

July 21, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Louis is on Tinder! Find out please! I think he’s either a cheater or they got a divorce

event.png

yeah.. all of a sudden Pao needs to go to Columbia for 3 months to work on her "choooos" a haha love it!

Laura says

July 21, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Louis is on Tinder! Find out please! I think he’s either a cheater or they got a divorce

I had to laugh at Pao repeatedly saying "chooos". Gotta love that accent!

I'd need to see a lot more than one person posting once that Louis is on Tinder to know for sure they broke up. There was a Filipina in a FB group I'm a part of that were actually in their wedding party. If I could recall who they were, I might send a pm and ask if they lasted or not. Not every marriage survives these K-1's.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

I had to laugh at Pao repeatedly saying "chooos". Gotta love that accent!

I'd need to see a lot more than one person posting once that Louis is on Tinder to know for sure they broke up. There was a Filipina in a FB group I'm a part of that were actually in their wedding party. If I could recall who they were, I might send a pm and ask if they lasted or not. Not every marriage survives these K-1's.

someone also said that she kept trying to message him asking him questions on that site and he ended up blocking her.

Edited by UK_Fan

event.png

i also wonder why Chelsea and Yamir didn't do DCF for a spouse visa. seems like they were in the best position for it and actually spent time together as a legit couple.

I don't believe DCF is possible in Nicaragua.

I have heard rumours that Danielle has posted that her relationship "is complicated" on a social networking site which isn't Facebook.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

I don't believe DCF is possible in Nicaragua.

I have heard rumours that Danielle has posted that her relationship "is complicated" on a social networking site which isn't Facebook.

Well Danielle herself is in Starcasm, beating every bad comment away herself. Someone said that she is on meet me asking men to have sex with her cause her husband wouldn't.

event.png