RomanianBeauty

A reality tv series on k-1 visa on tlc (90 day fiance)

455 posts in this topic

Well Danielle herself is in Starcasm, beating every bad comment away herself. Someone said that she is on meet me asking men to have sex with her cause her husband wouldn't.

Someone purporting to be Danielle is on meet me. This I have seen for myself.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with others that there is a definite deception factor because the show doesn't discuss the process at all.

The deception goes far beyond failing to discuss the process. They give this impression right here:

Has anyone seen this show?

I don't understand HOW the contestants can do this? They meet and in the 90 days they have to marry.

HOW is it done? They do NOT have to prove their relationship and they DO NOT wait for US Immigration processing? Huh?

The show is peddling the lie that people who don't know each other just come over for 90 days and check someone out.

We even have people here who know better claiming this is representative of some significant portion of the membership. Yet they cannot produce a single example of it. The law is you must not only meet but produce evidence of a relationship. Before they apply for K-1.

Why people here want to lie about the K-1 process is a mystery to me. Ignorance is one thing, but willful ignorance makes you a menace.

Edited by rlogan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
The show is peddling the lie that people who don't know each other just come over for 90 days and check someone out.

Not true at all. The fact is most of these people on the show do not know each other very well. Same can be said for a significant share of those doing k-1.

All on the show had met in person before and it was explained on the show.

How about you watch the show before you make up lies about it?

Timeline
And her fiance comes off as rather gay.

Yea....I forgot about that. Plus he has two older female roommates that may be lesbians.(not sure)

Plus he had that talk with him friend from work that was about nothing. Weird.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not true at all. The fact is most of these people on the show do not know each other very well. Same can be said for a significant share of those doing k-1.

lol. Backpedaling already. So now the word game is they don't know each other "very well" - and whatever definition you want that to be.

These individuals were the result of a highly selective process, designed to give the impression of not knowing each other. This is the same thing, logically, as scripting the show. Since they are coached as well, it is just a situation comedy or drama with a phony pretext.

No, I don't need to watch it to see the very reaction I quoted to you, and others as well, that concede explicitly there is deception about the process.

Edited by rlogan

Timeline

I quoted what I wrote the first time.

Sure the producers hand pick those who have little time together.....but so what? They represent a significant share of those doing the k-1.

I agree, most couples on the show do not know each other, but I guess it adds to the entertainment!! I just don't get how you can really know someone enough to propose or say yes after spending 10 days together? Obviously those 10 days will be all lovey dovey and people will think they have met the love of their lives. But in my opinion a relationship needs to pass the test of time and dealing with issues. I'd be really curious to know how many days and time most K-1 applicants have spent together.

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Timeline
I'd be really curious to know how many days and time most K-1 applicants have spent together.

My guesstimate is about 15 days on average. Thats face to face time. However, Daily Skype,facetime etc ,play an important role in getting to know each other. Add in the distance apart and time to get visa and the test of time and stress will weed out some couples.

Add all this together and it is my belief that K-1 marriages are just as successful as "regular" marriages.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I agree, most couples on the show do not know each other, but I guess it adds to the entertainment!! I just don't get how you can really know someone enough to propose or say yes after spending 10 days together? Obviously those 10 days will be all lovey dovey and people will think they have met the love of their lives. But in my opinion a relationship needs to pass the test of time and dealing with issues. I'd be really curious to know how many days and time most K-1 applicants have spent together.

Says someone with a Canadian-American relationship. How easy do you think it is to spend time with someone in a non-neighboring country?

I think we probably spent 15 days together before submitting the K1, but we ended up going with a CR1. I moved in with him in a foreign country after 15 days, though. He's never been anything else than he was all along, a rather open book.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Says someone with a Canadian-American relationship. How easy do you think it is to spend time with someone in a non-neighboring country?

I think we probably spent 15 days together before submitting the K1, but we ended up going with a CR1. I moved in with him in a foreign country after 15 days, though. He's never been anything else than he was all along, a rather open book.

:thumbs: Glad its working out and you're happy!

Edited by LiliBurd

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

I'd be curious how many most CR-1 applicants have spent together before getting married too. Besides K-1's meeting one time then filing, I see significant numbers of CR-1 applicants that travel to meet for the first time, planning to get married on that trip. I don't think this is an issue that is split based on visa type, but an issue that speaks to human nature. They get to meet online, and fall in love with an image of who they want that other person to be. Some are much better at seeing them for who they truly are, and/or showing who they truly are even though they're online. Some are totally into displaying or reading the imagined image of who they want to be and who they want to see. I would venture to guess that the CR-1 couple that were married and living together in the same country for a significant period of time before filing for the CR-1, is a minority of the couples here. And is there really any difference between the CR-1 couple who meet, marries and files right away compared to the engaged couple that meets and files right away?

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I'd be curious how many most CR-1 applicants have spent together before getting married too. Besides K-1's meeting one time then filing, I see significant numbers of CR-1 applicants that travel to meet for the first time, planning to get married on that trip. I don't think this is an issue that is split based on visa type, but an issue that speaks to human nature. They get to meet online, and fall in love with an image of who they want that other person to be. Some are much better at seeing them for who they truly are, and/or showing who they truly are even though they're online. Some are totally into displaying or reading the imagined image of who they want to be and who they want to see. I would venture to guess that the CR-1 couple that were married and living together in the same country for a significant period of time before filing for the CR-1, is a minority of the couples here. And is there really any difference between the CR-1 couple who meet, marries and files right away compared to the engaged couple that meets and files right away?

I absolutely agree with you there is no difference. I was in no way trying to start a heated debate on K-1 vs CR-1 if anything the K-1 gives you more time to get to know each other and build your relationship. Everyone chooses their own path and there is no right or wrong as long as it makes both spouses happy. Personally I wouldn't want to be married and live in different countries. I want my wedding day to mark the beginning of our life as husband and wife and finally have a normal life, but that is what is important to us as a couple.

Well, I was living with my now ex-husband for over a year before we married and filed for the CR-1, and we still didn't make it past our third wedding anniversary. You never know! I knew my ex pretty well when we got married, but over time the stuff that I chose to ignore or wished would go away didn't get better. Moving to America exacerbated some of our problems. Ultimately, though we really were in love, we were pretty incompatible and I chose to ignore that because loooooooooove.

I was married once before, to someone who I'd known for four whole weeks and with whom I'd spent about 10 days in person in total (we were living in different cities in the UK), and we made it work for 10 years. We were babies when we got married, and grew up into people who had different life plans, so our generally compatible marriage turned into a generally compatible split.

Horses, courses, etc. If you rub along nicely together, who gives a toot.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline
I was in no way trying to start a heated debate on K-1 vs CR-1

Same here. I just said K-1 because thats what the show is about.

On the third visit (about 15 face to face days) we were married.