3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Puru,

Nothing yet from NVC, I'm confused & worried. I did receive my invoice ID many months ago when I wrote to the NVC asking about the case. And they said they would inform me when there is some forward movement. So I guess I just have to wait and keep checking the NVC case status, which I do regularly. Since my son's PD is 20 July 2008, I think it will be current in the March 2015 bulletin which will be out in Feb.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Puru,

Nothing yet from NVC, I'm confused & worried. I did receive my invoice ID many months ago when I wrote to the NVC asking about the case. And they said they would inform me when there is some forward movement. So I guess I just have to wait and keep checking the NVC case status, which I do regularly. Since my son's PD is 20 July 2008, I think it will be current in the March 2015 bulletin which will be out in Feb.

Yeah, by reading stemedina's reply and yours. It doesnt seem a positive sign to me right now.

In year 2013 F2b moved 17 months, last year in 2014 it moved 19 months. According to historical trend, they used to push dates backward or retrogressed it if they move it faster.

You should get COA by now, I dnt know whats goin on there at NVC. Let's hope there won't be any retrogression occurred in this year at least.

Timeline

Gosh! retrogression? This is killing me!!!! and that too when my son's PD is almost becoming current? Oh God no!

Your son's pd is only 4 months away and you are sitting empty hands. If they keep moving dates ahead on papers and don't clear the cases in reality then the situation occurs which is known as Retrogression to deal with the problem of high demand over limited supply. This happened in past several times especially in year 2010 when almost all the categories were flying and everybody was overwhelmed to see that abnormal speed. Then, in January 2011 we all gotta know what happened (lolzz) it took whole year to redeem the damage.

I wish this feeling of mine will be wrong and retrogression won't happen, you might get the papers in upcoming days. We should consider that there are only 10 working days left in this month due to upcoming Christmas holidays. So, the whole system will get back to work in January.

Please keep updated whenever you will be approached by NVC. Best of luck!!

Timeline

Thanks Puru, I now see the whole scenario. Yes, this month is out because of the holiday season, we can just hope for something in the new year. I will surely put up a post if there is any positive movement on my case. By the way, Medina says that her kids aged-out and will apply for them as soon as she is in the US. In that case, she has finished her interview and has her GC visa.

Edited by chubbs

Thanks Puru, I now see the whole scenario. Yes, this month is out because of the holiday season, we can just hope for something in the new year. I will surely put up a post if there is any positive movement on my case. By the way, Medina says that her kids aged-out and will apply for them as soon as she is in the US. In that case, she has finished her interview and has her GC visa.

No yet.... I told you im waiting for NVC complete my case... I have 4 months on NVC stage.. I get a checklist in Nov 5th so now im waiting for CC and hopin a Interview at least for february...

My PD is already current.. Im from January 2 2008

Timeline

Did you guys have your cases complete?... So you just are waiting for the PD became current...

Chubbs son's case is not even touched so far, he hasnt received a Choice of Address & Agent form or DS-3032 yet.

Mine is 17th Dec 2008 but in F1. I am still looking out to change my category through Opt-out rule but not succeeded yet.

Filed: Timeline

Chubbs son's case is not even touched so far, he hasnt received a Choice of Address & Agent form or DS-3032 yet.

Mine is 17th Dec 2008 but in F1. I am still looking out to change my category through Opt-out rule but not succeeded yet.

Puru - since you've been actively watching F-2B, I was wondering if you're successful in retaining F-2B v/s F-1

Edited by sap283

Timeline

Hey Puru,

I just learnt that for those embassies that have electronic processing, the NVC sends out letters about 2 weeks before the PD becomes current. So the Jan 2015 bulletin that comes in Dec 2014 shows PD is current in F2B until 1 April 2008. Before that the embassy already dealt with or are dealing with interviews for December. So then they have the whole of Dec, Jan, and Feb as well for paper work and the interview is scheduled before March ends. So I think that makes sense. What are your thoughts?

Timeline

Puru - since you've been actively watching F-2B, I was wondering if you're successful in retaining F-2B v/s F-1

Im closely watching both categories' movement right now. I wanna enjoy the shorter times under F2B but as of now nothing works out. NVC respond me back after almost 40 days that I need to contact DHS to exercise this so called rule of "Opt-out". My parents trying to seek help in this regard out there, all I need is a right address and a right designation who in charge to exercise this authority.

Meanwhile, there are many speculations and suggestions we have got so far from many persons, that I need to contact USCIS center where my I-130 was originally filed i.e. California center in my case. I have found more than 25 offices in California state only, now the question is to whom I need to write the requesting letter and at what address I need to send. Its very confusing process, they are not clearing it at once. In fact, USCIS customer center's executive gave me an advice to call my father to give up his nationality. LOLZZ :D

People, if anyone of you come across with the solution of it then do lemme know. Thanks anyways ;)

Timeline

Hey Puru,

I just learnt that for those embassies that have electronic processing, the NVC sends out letters about 2 weeks before the PD becomes current. So the Jan 2015 bulletin that comes in Dec 2014 shows PD is current in F2B until 1 April 2008. Before that the embassy already dealt with or are dealing with interviews for December. So then they have the whole of Dec, Jan, and Feb as well for paper work and the interview is scheduled before March ends. So I think that makes sense. What are your thoughts?

Hmmm ... I dont know, may be they have changed their procedure. But, generally NVC starts Consular processing 9-8 months before PD becomes current. Though, electronic processing can saves the time while dealing with the paperwork, but still its not that easy task for every one to gather all the documents in just one month. Both, applicant and petitioner need to gather some documents, especially an Affidavit of Support which is typically a time consuming task and one really need to gather many financial statements and tax papers in that order to deal with.

If the dates are going forward and the cases gt stuck like this while doing the paperwork then NVC has to pull the dates back to clear out the backlog eventually. This is why I am worried that there won't be any retrogression could occur in future. Its really important to clear the cases in reality rather than racing forward the dates on bulletin which actually doesn't make any sense, otherwise it questions the authenticity of the document known as Visa Bulletin. And to rectify this kinda problem they have a tendency to pull the dates back like they did in year 2010, all it takes to justifying their move by saying .... the demand is high and it was necessary to keep the numerical numbers under limitations .... blah blah blah ....

Anyways, I hope your son and you will be approached by them soon. You better keep refreshing your inbox often. Best of Luck!! :)

Timeline

Hi Puru,

Thanks for your reply. I just received an email from a Jamaican F2B applicant with 27 April 2008 PD. He will be current next month. I was in touch with him for several months and today he wrote saying he has received the documents from NVC for consular processing. So I think we can safely assume that people hear from the NVC just one month prior to their PD becoming current. I will post here as soon as I hear from them.

Hi Puru,

Thanks for your reply. I just received an email from a Jamaican F2B applicant with 27 April 2008 PD. He will be current next month. I was in touch with him for several months and today he wrote saying he has received the documents from NVC for consular processing. So I think we can safely assume that people hear from the NVC just one month prior to their PD becoming current. I will post here as soon as I hear from them.

That isnt true i receive the email from NVC for consular procesing on July 25th and my PD became current just now on December..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.