Natálya&John

White House Petition - K1 & k3 VISA - Lets creat a campaign!

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello,

I saw that many people have already started petitions on the white house website, but none succeeded. I wanna start a new one, but first, I tought that is really important to have a strong campaign about it, something beyond visajourney, to try to reach 100,000 signatures.

So thats what I tought about and wanna know if anyone is interested in helping:

1. Creating a good petition, with a clear text about the situation of K1 and K3 applicants;

2. Tying to contact the midia, like newspapers, NGO'S, or maybe famous people to help;

3. Creating an hashtag about the theme to help spred the topic on social media (I thought about something like #lovewithoutborders our #lovebeyondborders)

I might be dreaming about a revolution, but none of us like to be away from our loves, so I really believe that if everyone here help spread the theme, we could make some difference.

ps.: sorry about my bad english.

Natálya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to General Immigration-Related Discussion - grouped with other petition threads found in General forum, not an actual K-1 process or progress topic ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am not being negative, but there is a process that these government institutions have to follow... The best thing we should do is to wait.. That's all.. Be patient.. I waited for 7 months not hearing anything from the USCIS. I freaked out a lot, but then when your time comes, it is just going to be fast. Have a good day!

Timeline

Yeah, you sound negative. I know that there is a process involved, but do you really think thats right to wait SO long to be with your love?

Are you happy to be waiting for 7 months?

THINGS NEED TO CHANGE, and will never change if we just wait.

Timeline

Yeah, you sound negative. I know that there is a process involved, but do you really think thats right to wait SO long to be with your love?

Are you happy to be waiting for 7 months?

THINGS NEED TO CHANGE, and will never change if we just wait.

I know I sound negative to you, but I am a realist.. I will be honest, I was not happy at all waiting for 7 months. Seeing other people's timeline getting approved that quick, made me grumpy at my fiance, but what can I do?? Use my energy getting mad over nothing. I understand your situation. You are upset.

Most people who have done this process will understand me, because they also experience this.. What did they do? They waited, now they are happy living with their lover. You just really have to wait.

Timeline

I'd rather try than be conformed :)

This is the American side of the Emanettes. There is a lot of work going into the process, such as background checks. K1 visa process is fine, and not only will not be made shorter, it should not be made shorter. The process for couples who have already married does need to change though, that can take years, and it's ridiculous.

Would I like the process go faster for ME? Yes. Do I want the process faster allowing people to abuse the system and not be vetted properly? No.

I will sign the petition to keep it as it is. Your desire to be impatient is not a good enough reason to put all Americans in danger.

I am not being negative, but there is a process that these government institutions have to follow... The best thing we should do is to wait.. That's all.. Be patient.. I waited for 7 months not hearing anything from the USCIS. I freaked out a lot, but then when your time comes, it is just going to be fast. Have a good day!

I agree with you 100%. Ill also add. Immigration is not a right its a privilege. What I dont understand is that people choose to enter into a long distance relationship, they have said relationship and then as soon as they decide to go through the process of immigration they cannot possibly wait for another 5 months, it must be NOW.

The system is not going to change anytime soon. With the amount of people who are trying to get in it has to be this way. A few months ontop of the time you have already been apart isnt really a big deal. You made the choice, be patient and grateful that you are blessed to live in a world where its even possible to move. Thats my opinion anyways.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

I saw that many people have already started petitions on the white house website, but none succeeded. I wanna start a new one, but first, I tought that is really important to have a strong campaign about it, something beyond visajourney, to try to reach 100,000 signatures.

So thats what I tought about and wanna know if anyone is interested in helping:

1. Creating a good petition, with a clear text about the situation of K1 and K3 applicants;

2. Tying to contact the midia, like newspapers, NGO'S, or maybe famous people to help;

3. Creating an hashtag about the theme to help spred the topic on social media (I thought about something like #lovewithoutborders our #lovebeyondborders)

I might be dreaming about a revolution, but none of us like to be away from our loves, so I really believe that if everyone here help spread the theme, we could make some difference.

ps.: sorry about my bad english.

Natálya

We have a "let's make a White House petition!" thread about 4 times a week.

They get about 120 signatures and then are forgotten.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

Sorry for my brazilian way to be, but we prefer to be quiet when we cannot help. So please, if you cannot help, dont answer me, ok? Thanks!

Timeline

I agree with you 100%. Ill also add. Immigration is not a right its a privilege. What I dont understand is that people choose to enter into a long distance relationship, they have said relationship and then as soon as they decide to go through the process of immigration they cannot possibly wait for another 5 months, it must be NOW.

The system is not going to change anytime soon. With the amount of people who are trying to get in it has to be this way. A few months ontop of the time you have already been apart isnt really a big deal. You made the choice, be patient and grateful that you are blessed to live in a world where its even possible to move. Thats my opinion anyways.

Sorry for my brazilian way to be, but we prefer to be quiet when we cannot help. So please, if you cannot help, dont answer me, ok? Thanks!

Thats the beauty of a public forum! You get to hear EVERYONES opinion! Good luck with your petition, if it helps you pass the time then go for it!

Timeline

Yeah, this is freedom, right? I already gave up about the petition, I just a girl trying to get married to the love of my life, like all of you here. I not more special than anyone, I gotta wait. I will do it, cause our love is bigger than distance. Sorry, for bothering you guys. Best, Natálya!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is the American side of the Emanettes. There is a lot of work going into the process, such as background checks. K1 visa process is fine, and not only will not be made shorter, it should not be made shorter. The process for couples who have already married does need to change though, that can take years, and it's ridiculous.

Would I like the process go faster for ME? Yes. Do I want the process faster allowing people to abuse the system and not be vetted properly? No.

I will sign the petition to keep it as it is. Your desire to be impatient is not a good enough reason to put all Americans in danger.

What's your stance on the discrepancy between the CSC and the TSC? If the process is the same at each service center, do you not agree that the processing times should be similar? Also, the background check at this point is only performed on the petitioner, someone who is already an american citizen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.