Natálya&John

White House Petition - K1 & k3 VISA - Lets creat a campaign!

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

The employees better get paid well because we pay so much for the applications. They should be able to hire more workers thinking of how much the immigration costs! Seriously! It's ridiculous. I pay tons of money for my application and I cant even get to know whats up with my case. Last time I called when all my cases were way outside the normal processing times, I called EVERY day for one month and no one knew anything about anything! I even went to an infopass appointment but nope, no one could help! What an awesome feeling............

Yes I would have looked for someone in my home country, but unfortunately the one I found happened to be a us citizen who was studying in my home country. Sorry about that!

It just seems very stupid to me, two people fall in love and get married and want to live together, but it's made so complicated juts because you are from different countries.People who actually are in love have to suffer because some other people fake their marriage and try to come here.

AOS

4/30/2014 AOS/EAD/AP mailed
5/1/2014 USCIS received our papers
5/6/2014 NOA Date for all my applications

5/29/2014 Biometrics done in Detroit
moved to Minneapolis, MN June 10th
6/10/2014 RFE regarding my birth certificate(It was their own mistake, my birth certificate was exactly what they need)
6/11/2014 RFE response mailed to USCIS by our lawyer
6/11/2014 I-485 status moved to Initial review after telling USCIS our new address
7/2/2014 I-485 status moved to Testing and Interview

7/21/2014 EAD to card/document production yayy :)

7/22/2014 AP status chagend to post desicion activity

7/25/2014 EAD combo card mailed

7/29/2014 EAD combo card arrived at my old address(address was changed TWO times before that, even by my lawer and USCIS still had my old address)

-my parents-in-law are sending it to me overnight

Travelled to Finland with my husband for 3 weeks in August. Came back with my Advance Parole, POE in Chicago, no problems with AP.

10/7/2014 Interview date

10/8/2014 I485 status moved to card/document production! HAPPY :)

Timeline

One more thing I have to say,

during my current AOS process, our lawyer contacted us that we got RFE, They said my birth certificate is not the one they require.

Even though it is exactly the same form the US embassy in my home land told me to get, and also the same exact document that the us government website tells people in Finland to get since we dont have them the same way as people do here in the us.

So that whole thing was their own mistake, it even says on their own website that send the exact form I sent!

As I said, they are allowed to make mistakes, and I have to wait longer because of that. But I am not allowed to make a single mistake.

AOS

6/10/2014 RFE regarding my birth certificate(It was their own mistake, my birth certificate was exactly what they need)
6/11/2014 I-485 status moved to Initial review after telling USCIS our new address

7/29/2014 EAD combo card arrived at my old address(address was changed TWO times before that, even by my lawer and USCIS still had my old address)

Travelled to Finland with my husband for 3 weeks in August. Came back with my Advance Parole, POE in Chicago, no problems with AP.

10/7/2014 Interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Obama announced yesterday he will be taking executive action, must have read this thread.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

The process is that the USCIS is allowed to make mistakes and the customer suffers from it? Sounds like a cool process to me!

Exactly, it is faster and simpler. Why cant they make it faster here? And more human-friendly?

You do have a choice, but when you want to start your life with someone after dating for 4 years in a long-distance realtionship, who is in school in a different country, theres not really a choice!

As you see, there seem to be many problems in the system, why dont you want to make it better?

Does it hurt you if they change the immigration system?

I thought people here would agree/feel the same way here but I guess not! I'm surprised, I guess everyone really loves the system and dont want to change it :)

AOS

10/7/2014 Interview date

Timeline

The sad thing is, when people talk about immigrants, people just think immigants as illegal immigrants. People dont know there is "normal" people like us, who want to get married and live normal life and so on. They dont know the immigration system also affects them really badly.

AOS

10/7/2014 Interview date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

I saw that many people have already started petitions on the white house website, but none succeeded. I wanna start a new one, but first, I tought that is really important to have a strong campaign about it, something beyond visajourney, to try to reach 100,000 signatures.

So thats what I tought about and wanna know if anyone is interested in helping:

1. Creating a good petition, with a clear text about the situation of K1 and K3 applicants;

2. Tying to contact the midia, like newspapers, NGO'S, or maybe famous people to help;

3. Creating an hashtag about the theme to help spred the topic on social media (I thought about something like #lovewithoutborders our #lovebeyondborders)

I might be dreaming about a revolution, but none of us like to be away from our loves, so I really believe that if everyone here help spread the theme, we could make some difference.

ps.: sorry about my bad english.

Natálya

Can you be clearer in what is it you want? And why the K1 and K3 why not the CR1/IR1. If things would be done in a timely fashion the K3 would be totally dead (which really it is). Do you even know why the k3 even came into existence? You need to know the back story and know why and what.

You would be hard-pressed to find people running and rally to bring singles who are engaged together faster than married folks.

So again what is the precise target you are trying to achieve here?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

The process was actually easier before at least in finland. you could just get married in finland to your us fiance and then apply and get your visa in two weeks and go live with your love in the us. But not anymore, the US changed the law in 2007. No idea why.

AOS

10/7/2014 Interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Obama announced yesterday he will be taking executive action, must have read this thread.

I've read the news but it seems so complicated... Do you know if it will effect us, and in what way?

K1 Journey: AOS Journey:

March 25, 2014: I-129f sent. April 16, 2015: Date filed.

April 1, 2014: NOA1 received & check cashed. April 22, 2015: NOA received.
April 2, 2014: Alien Registration Number changed.
Sep 16, 2014: NOA2 - Petition approved!
Sep 23, 2014: Case shipped to NVC.

Oct 01, 2014: Case arrived at NVC.

Oct 03, 2014: Got our case number!

Oct 06, 2014: Left NVC.

Oct 17, 2014: At the Embassy.

Oct 22, 2014: Packet 3 received.

Nov 03, 2014: Packet 3 sent.

Nov 11, 2014: Medical examination.

Dec 2, 2014: Packet 4 received.

Dec 8, 2014: Interview! (Approved!!!)

Dec 10, 2014: Visa received!!!

Jan 22, 2015: US Entry!

Feb 22, 2015: Happily ever after! :-)

April 16, 2015: Filed Adjustment of STatus.

April 22, 2015: AOS NOA received.

May 14, 2015: Biometrics appointment.

October 09, 2015: AOS approved!

September 05, 2017: Lifting conditions filed.

Timeline

All he said was that he was going to fix the broken system with executive action.

Could for example waive the immigrant intent issue with visitor visa's and get AP/EAD issued in a few weeks.

That would keep most people happy.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

All he said was that he was going to fix the broken system with executive action.

Could for example waive the immigrant intent issue with visitor visa's and get AP/EAD issued in a few weeks.

That would be awesome!!

AOS

10/7/2014 Interview date

He says, with tongue frimmly planted in cheek.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

There are elections in November.

The reason for long wait is number of USCIS employees. Can it get faster? Yes. If they hire more employees. Should they hire more employees? I don't think so. Why other tax payers have to pay for our desire for speedier approvals? There is no point in the petition because publoc will not approve it exactly because of this: increase in number of government employees. Our country budget is unbalanced as is. If you are unwilling to wait for 6-7 months than maybe you should look for someone in your own country.

I love this! Your exactly right! People coming over for a relationship is way lower on the priority scale than some of the other issues. Things like homelessness, illegal people trafficking, gun laws. Get it into perspective people. As I said above its an honour thats your even considered to be allowed to move to the USA, not a right.

The employees better get paid well because we pay so much for the applications. They should be able to hire more workers thinking of how much the immigration costs! Seriously! It's ridiculous. I pay tons of money for my application and I cant even get to know whats up with my case. Last time I called when all my cases were way outside the normal processing times, I called EVERY day for one month and no one knew anything about anything! I even went to an infopass appointment but nope, no one could help! What an awesome feeling............

Yes I would have looked for someone in my home country, but unfortunately the one I found happened to be a us citizen who was studying in my home country. Sorry about that!

It just seems very stupid to me, two people fall in love and get married and want to live together, but it's made so complicated juts because you are from different countries.People who actually are in love have to suffer because some other people fake their marriage and try to come here.

This application process is peanuts! I went through getting my partner perm resedency in my country and we paid 4 times as much, wirh out a lawyer. I am surprised its so cheap!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.