mjpnme

Can't be Deported if you have a child born in the US

52 posts in this topic

I didn't know about this, and I must say as a tax-paying American I am disappointed. I'm also sure that this rule, as many other immigration policies, is liberalized. Whereas this policy says PARENTS, it doesn't discuss anything about situations where one parent is legal and a child's legal guardian but the other parent is illegal is a HUGE grey area in immigration "law." And is it really a law or a policy/directive. Who really knows. With only a few hundred thousand illegals removed out of the millions of illegals in this country that illegal parents compared to rapists, murders, car thieves, and drug dealers...deadbeat parents who are illegals simply seeking green cards are pretty low on the deporting queue. The bigger risk here that people miss is the billions of dollars we US taxpayers fork out to these illegals. The US is strong on anti-terrorism around the world, but these "immigration terrorists" are causing us BILLIONS. Yes, billions of dollars. This country has lost its way and diluted its population with blood sucking benefits abusers while our own US citizen children and benefit seeking individuals often go without needed support.

Umm, no. http://www.factcheck.org/2009/04/cost-of-illegal-immigrants/

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your post proves nothing other than refute a claim by someone else's false claim. If you read factcheck.org carefully it confirms that yes BILLIONS are spent on illegals, just correcting the grossly inflated numbers of the false claim.

Illegals cost the US Taxpayer BILLIONS. FACT.

Focus on the actualities of US Policy. We have over 11 million illegals here in the USA. They are here ILLEGALLY circumventing entry requirements and immigration law. They utilize health resources and welfare resources. FACT. Many of these folks are here and working hard. That's great, but they are here illegally and taking jobs from US Citizens. They are making money here and mostly not paying taxes. It doesn't mean they are bad people. I live in one of the highest percentage of illegal alien counties in the USA. Many lovely people. However, there are many many illegals who are criminals, cheats, scammers, and scumbags from around the world who should be sent home because they are breaking immigration laws and cheating the system. And I am sorry, that includes includes illegal parents in my opinion. Even if they are rocket scientists but here illegally they need to go home.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Please can someone tell me if this is true...someone told me that Obama passed a bill that an illegal immigrant could not be deported if they had children born in the US is this true?

Obama would love that but it is NOT TRUE.

So I hear we can't call people illegals anymore, it's not politically correct.

I can agree with this, they should be called by something more appropriate.

Criminals. They should be treated no less than by that standard, regardless of circumstances.

You know sometimes I love you Avery Cates!! As far as I am concerned they are Illegal Aliens and criminals. You commit a crime, you are a criminal, that's it. God Bless you Avery Cates and God Bless America.

Reputation point for you Avery. Everyone should give Avery Cates and thumbs up if you believe in and love America like we do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hey, everybody who wants to live in the US just hop across the border with your pregnant wife and hide out until she gives birth. Then you, the out of status alien, can live off your children's benefits and not worry about being deported. Of course you can't work or drive but that's ok because the US taxpayers are supporting you indirectly by supporting your USC children whose benefits and food stamps you use to support yourself.

What sort of responsible parent would want to live their life in a country where they can't support their family and have to leech off their minor children's benefits. I would certainly want a better life for myself and my children.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On the flip side having a Minor USC child will help you in 18 or 21 years when the child can file the I-130 petition and the relative could obtain legal status through that. Hence the term Anchor baby.

There is an American island that has became a "tourist attraction" for mainly Chinese moms who are expecting, the company sells the whole shebang from flight to hospital and those children are born USC's, the parents return home and in a long time their children can apply for the I-130 to get their parents and relatives legal status. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/02/inside-saipans-industry-of-american-born-chinese-babies/

Damn, that would be a LOOOONG wait

Or K-1 Visa Journey:

- November 9th, 2013 : Sent I-129f package (FedEx)

- November 15th, 2013: Check was Cashed

- November 15th, 2013: NOA1 e-mail notification (TSC) smile.png

- November 21st, 2013: NOA1 Hard Copy arrived. (Official Notification Date - Nov 14th)

- November 21st, 2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

- February 7th, 2014: NOA2 received by text & email!! (85 days from NOA1 to NOA2) dancin5hr.gif heart.gif

- February 13th, 2014 (14th in Philippines...Happy Valentine's Day Surprise Babe!!rose.gif heart.gif ): I-129F shipped to Dept. of State to receive visa #

- February 14th, 2014: NOA2 hardcopy received.... Happy Valentine's Day!

- February 21st, 2014: NVC assigns visa number. Can now schedule online, interview for fiance at US Embassy

- February 24th, 2014: Now have interview date!! (May 5, 2014 @ 7:30 am)

- February 25th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): Fiance finished medical exam & vaccinations (all in one early & long day) @ St. Luke's & passed

- February 25th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): US Embassy - Manila (USEM) receives our case & is READY for interview

- February 26th, 2014 (26th in Philippines): Able to reschedule for a March 12th interview date! Whoo Hoo!!

- March 12th, 2014 (11th in US): Fiance interviews @ US Embassy....... APPROVED!!! YEA BABE!!idea9dv.gif dancin5hr.gif biggrin.png kicking.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

My 2 cents on the topic (that has long strayed from OP's question). That would be my suggestion:

1) Make it easier for whoever wants to migrate to the USA LEGALLY. Implement a system similar to what other countries like Australia and until recently, the UK, are doing: admitting immigrants on the basis of what the country's economy needs by implementing a points-based system. People with a higher education, those in professions or skilled labor of high demand, those with a good command of the language, and those who can demonstrate a decent amount of savings to be able to support themselves once here score the highest points, and are given top priority for entry. Those who don't have the education or professional skills should still be given the opportunity to immigrate here legally as a second priority category, as long as they can demonstrate a clean criminal background and a good moral character, along with sufficient funds to support themselves. (It goes without saying that a thorough background/criminal check needs to apply to everyone). Also, make it easier for employers to hire people from abroad (at US salary levels) if they are facing a shortage of skills domestically, and easier for graduates of US universities to obtain a work permit and stay and seek employment after their studies (without necessarily needing an employer to sponsor them). This way the economy and the country does and will benefit. US immigration needs to stop being so family-oriented and become more economy-oriented. It needs to give people who don't have family ties here, but sincerely want an opportunity at a better life and can add value to the country, the opportunity to do so legally.

2) Once it has become easier for everyone who can demonstrate some marketable skills and ability to obtain gainful employment in the country (along with sufficient initial funds to support themselves) to immigrate legally if they so wish, crack down hard on those who still attempt to get in illegally. Because those are most likely to be the people the country doesn't need - criminals, scams, and so on. Parents or no parents, enforce immediate deportation and entry ban.

Of course this is purely my opinion and many will disagree. I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the debate f what would be a fairer immigration system for everybody.

Edited by Christi85

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I am absolutely agree with aaron2020 (An illegal immigrant can be deported even if he/she has a US citizen child.)

Each case is investigated ......You cant live and work illegally under the pretext that you have a child.

Filed: Timeline

Sure, but the topic is orphaning the children. I don't know why - but four pages later, this (too liberal LOL) fact is not recognized

My 2 cents on the topic (that has long strayed from OP's question). That would be my suggestion:

1) Make it easier for whoever wants to migrate to the USA LEGALLY. Implement a system similar to what other countries like Australia and until recently, the UK, are doing: admitting immigrants on the basis of what the country's economy needs by implementing a points-based system. People with a higher education, those in professions or skilled labor of high demand, those with a good command of the language, and those who can demonstrate a decent amount of savings to be able to support themselves once here score the highest points, and are given top priority for entry. Those who don't have the education or professional skills should still be given the opportunity to immigrate here legally as a second priority category, as long as they can demonstrate a clean criminal background and a good moral character, along with sufficient funds to support themselves. (It goes without saying that a thorough background/criminal check needs to apply to everyone). Also, make it easier for employers to hire people from abroad (at US salary levels) if they are facing a shortage of skills domestically, and easier for graduates of US universities to obtain a work permit and stay and seek employment after their studies (without necessarily needing an employer to sponsor them). This way the economy and the country does and will benefit. US immigration needs to stop being so family-oriented and become more economy-oriented. It needs to give people who don't have family ties here, but sincerely want an opportunity at a better life and can add value to the country, the opportunity to do so legally.

2) Once it has become easier for everyone who can demonstrate some marketable skills and ability to obtain gainful employment in the country (along with sufficient initial funds to support themselves) to immigrate legally if they so wish, crack down hard on those who still attempt to get in illegally. Because those are most likely to be the people the country doesn't need - criminals, scams, and so on. Parents or no parents, enforce immediate deportation and entry ban.

Of course this is purely my opinion and many will disagree. I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the debate f what would be a fairer immigration system for everybody.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

a significant number of posts have been removed for off topic commentary. two members have been thread banned along with additional administrative action taken.

post constructively to answer the op's question. if you wish to use a soapbox to carry on about us immigration policy, start your own thread to do so.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Sure, but the topic is orphaning the children. I don't know why - but four pages later, this (too liberal LOL) fact is not recognized

I missed where it mentioned about orphaning the children.

There's no reason the children cannot go with their parent(s); in fact, they should if they are young and still need their parent(s) to look after them. Family unity should take precedence over staying in the USA.

Then again, parent(s) going down these paths and putting their children in such precarious positions are questionable as parents.

If the US continues to find ways to reward those who thumb their noses at our laws, this country is going to fill up with a bunch of uneducated people, whose children (being USCs) will drain resources from the tax pool (without having contributed to same) and make a mockery of current visa laws. Having a child on US soil (or airspace) should not come with a free ticket to stay here and do whatever one wants. First decision to be made by our wimpy Congress...end anchor babies! If you are here as a tourist, student or illegally, and have a child within our borders (or airspace), congratulations! Now, go home (first, after paying your hospital bill! If you don't pay it, you are NEVER coming back to this country legally until you do). We should be rewarding those who have or are playing by the rules. If we don't, why should we expect any else to do the same? It is more than tiresome to continue reading about some new memo or some new idea that circumvents our current laws and rewards irresponsibility.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Interesting editing going on here moderators! Just got this out of the NY Times:

"More illegal immigrants have been deported during the Obama administration than under any previous president, officials have said. Within weeks, the government is likely to have deported two million immigrants during Mr. Obama’s six years in office"

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Several more posts removed for quoting removed content and for importing drama from other threads. Any more such posts might result in this thread's closure.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.