mjpnme

Can't be Deported if you have a child born in the US

52 posts in this topic

I missed where it mentioned about orphaning the children.

There's no reason the children cannot go with their parent(s); in fact, they should if they are young and still need their parent(s) to look after them. Family unity should take precedence over staying in the USA.

Yes, this. What kind of parent would leave their child behind? The children remain USCs and when they grow up can take advantage of that to move legally back to the US should they so wish.

Btw that article about that Chinese island was interesting, but tbh 200 or so babies a year in the context of the US population and immigration stats is completely insignificant. I do agree though that they should clamp down on it... Or maybe, you know, the reasons for being able to claim citizenship in the US just by being born there are obsolete, maybe they should just change the law ...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Just slightly off topic a tad, American corporations can hire five Russian engineers for the same price as one American engineer. They get by by sharing a one room apartment and bring them over with work visa's. American engineers can't work this cheap with a family to support, making life a lot more difficult to find a decent job. They also can work them to death.

Just speaking from personal experience. But this is legal.

Hey, everybody who wants to live in the US just hop across the border with your pregnant wife and hide out until she gives birth. Then you, the out of status alien, can live off your children's benefits and not worry about being deported. Of course you can't work or drive but that's ok because the US taxpayers are supporting you indirectly by supporting your USC children whose benefits and food stamps you use to support yourself.

What sort of responsible parent would want to live their life in a country where they can't support their family and have to leech off their minor children's benefits. I would certainly want a better life for myself and my children.

God bless America!

The sad thing is, what you're describing is likely a better life for them than back in their own country. And that is why so many are willing to do it if they can get across our borders.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Your post proves nothing other than refute a claim by someone else's false claim. If you read factcheck.org carefully it confirms that yes BILLIONS are spent on illegals, just correcting the grossly inflated numbers of the false claim.

Illegals cost the US Taxpayer BILLIONS. FACT.

Focus on the actualities of US Policy. We have over 11 million illegals here in the USA. They are here ILLEGALLY circumventing entry requirements and immigration law. They utilize health resources and welfare resources. FACT. Many of these folks are here and working hard. That's great, but they are here illegally and taking jobs from US Citizens. They are making money here and mostly not paying taxes. It doesn't mean they are bad people. I live in one of the highest percentage of illegal alien counties in the USA. Many lovely people. However, there are many many illegals who are criminals, cheats, scammers, and scumbags from around the world who should be sent home because they are breaking immigration laws and cheating the system. And I am sorry, that includes includes illegal parents in my opinion. Even if they are rocket scientists but here illegally they need to go home.

You don't have a visa yet and you sound as though you were descendant of some pioneer Quaker...

Your post proves nothing other than refute a claim by someone else's false claim. If you read factcheck.org carefully it confirms that yes BILLIONS are spent on illegals, just correcting the grossly inflated numbers of the false claim.

Illegals cost the US Taxpayer BILLIONS. FACT.

Focus on the actualities of US Policy. We have over 11 million illegals here in the USA. They are here ILLEGALLY circumventing entry requirements and immigration law. They utilize health resources and welfare resources. FACT. Many of these folks are here and working hard. That's great, but they are here illegally and taking jobs from US Citizens. They are making money here and mostly not paying taxes. It doesn't mean they are bad people. I live in one of the highest percentage of illegal alien counties in the USA. Many lovely people. However, there are many many illegals who are criminals, cheats, scammers, and scumbags from around the world who should be sent home because they are breaking immigration laws and cheating the system. And I am sorry, that includes includes illegal parents in my opinion. Even if they are rocket scientists but here illegally they need to go home.

You're ignorant. You know nothing about the real importance of immigration and how America manages. America needs immigrants of all kinds. The system in America would collapse if people stops coming to America. America would have the same population issues that Canada and China have without the constant immigration.

You know sometimes I love you Avery Cates!! As far as I am concerned they are Illegal Aliens and criminals. You commit a crime, you are a criminal, that's it. God Bless you Avery Cates and God Bless America.

Reputation point for you Avery. Everyone should give Avery Cates and thumbs up if you believe in and love America like we do.

Anyone with a immigrant visa shouldn't feel free to act like they own America. I mean you are in America because you LOVE it...not because of any other lovebird story...Legal or illegal both are immigrants that come to America because the grass in their country isn't as shiny as in America.

I don’t think anyone here on VJ does not feel for the illegal immigrants. But my wife will tell anyone what she had to go thru to get here legally, and so have I many years ago. It is not fair to us legal immigrants to help people for no regard of our immigration laws. They know exactly the law, and they brake it anyhow, under the pretense of bettering there life’s. I know many illegals living and working many years in the U.S. having many children, and getting many benefits. NOT FAIR

I had to wait 6 YEARS to be able to go to the states legally and I don't feel like I have the right to judge people who come to America illegally. We are a gay couple. American immigration wasn't fair to us for so many years, but even like that I don't just illegal immigrants, specially if they are Hispanics. I had to go to sleep every night wondering if some day I would have the same rights you had; I had to say goodbye to my fiance more than 7 times and feel miserable afterwards. Just as me, an legal immigrant, they have a dream and it's not easy to leave your life behind, even as legal. If the government doesn't do anything to go against them, why do I have to do it? and, you know, I am COLOMBIAN too. Whenever I meet a Hispanic in America, I will happy and say hello no matter if they are legal or illegal...I don't care because at the end all of us are ALIENS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.