yailukmuu

I'm terrified--USCIS is giving a blatant scammer a GC and I don't seem to be able to stop them

103 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My question is.....Is your wife from the Phillipines? If so, keep in mind that visas are being expedited for people coming from the Phillipines because of the latest disaster that hit. Anyway I do wish you the best. Being scammed is a very painful feeling, but we do have some people that cares only for their well being and not others.

NAO1.......11/25/2013

NAO2.......10/01/2014

NVC Case #......11/28/2014

Case Complete......5/27/2015

Medical.......9/22/2015

Interview........10/06/2015 (Administrative Processing)

Visa Issued.......11/2/2015

DHL Email......11/4/2015

VISA Received.......????????

POE..........??????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Darnell are you saying cancel my Monday Infopass meeting and instead put all efforts at talking to the Immigration Liason Staffer? Or do both?

Lainie: "When you apply for AOS, EAD and AP each get their own case number and they are usually consecutive. Did she apply for the EAD? Maybe you are looking at the approval for the EAD not the GC. Check the NOA1s for what was submitted if you have them. Case numbers don't change as far as I know."

This makes sense, I'll check tomorrow to see if I can figure it out.

Avery, there could be, but she'll be hard pressed to get approval, no police involvement, nobody can claim witness, I was careful not to call (Oh he said he was going to do...), no nothing. I realize VAWA is horribly misused, and it is possible--but is zero ground for any restraining order. I worry more about her maybe meeting with (hypothetical possbility) a bf who is an illegal in Arizona, having 4 babies over four years, collecting TANIF, subsidized housing, food stamps...all of which I'd be billed for IFmy I-864 is not withdrawn in time.

Boiler... the I-864 is the Affidavit of Support, I filled it out, I read it...legally I can withdraw it. I haven't a clue as to what you are talking about. If you have something of value to add, please put it out there clearly instead of cryptically. What you say makes no sense...now perhaps you are correct--but please---state what you mean in a manner that I can understand.

Thanks all, I really appreciate the help.

And yes, my nerves are a bit on edge.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How could anyone do like that? So horrible

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

My question is.....Is your wife from the Phillipines? If so, keep in mind that visas are being expedited for people coming from the Phillipines because of the latest disaster that hit. Anyway I do wish you the best. Being scammed is a very painful feeling, but we do have some people that cares only for their well being and not others.

Expediting visas for the Philippines has nothing to do with the AOS timeframe. She already got her visa and entered and married. It's the green card that is in question.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

That should be EAD card notice, but may be she change your home address to new address she is living now and the card will go in her new address and never arrive to your home….. special USCIS wrote Your new card,

Then, i think go talk to info pass people. also report the police your wife as a missing person too, How are you sure , she gave to you her real information about her sister or the address ?

Give the police her address she gave you it. see what happen. also put the police report about her and send to USCIS with one of copy of page her file number on it.

THe police reaport will help you , during dvorce too

Edited by Me_Theo

I'm sorry to hear that.

If I were you I would forget about her and focus on getting a divorce. You need to start thinking about yourself and how you will get your life back on track.

Let karma deal with her

Good luck

AOS from VWP

06/17/14 Sent AOS package to Chicago Mailbox via USPS

06/20/14 Package delivered

06/24/14 Received 3 emails/texts forms accepted. I-485 now routed to NBC

07/01/14 Received NOA1 hard copies

07/14/14 Received Biometrics Letter (USCIS had wrong address on I-485)

07/15/14 Walk in Biometrics done in 3 min in Los Angeles!

07/28/14 Received NOA1 for I-485 (finally)

07/30/14 Status changed to "Testing and Interview"

09/05/14 EAD approved card production

09/08/14 Received another email saying EAD was approved :wacko:

09/10/14 Received an email with the interview date for 10/15

10/15/14 Approved on the spot!

ROC WAIVER

09/12/16 I-751 waiver Package sent

09/14/16 Checks cashed
09/17/16 NOA received
10/07/16 Biometrics Letter dated 10/01

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
I worry more about her maybe meeting with (hypothetical possbility) a bf who is an illegal in Arizona, having 4 babies over four years, collecting TANIF, subsidized housing, food stamps...all of which I'd be billed for IF my I-864 is not withdrawn in time.

You signed for her, not any sprogs she might produce.

Not much a single adult can get in the US of A, and even then try and find an example of where the Feds have enforced it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that.

If I were you I would forget about her and focus on getting a divorce. You need to start thinking about yourself and how you will get your life back on track.

Let karma deal with her

Good luck

Yes ,You Right, he will need start to thinking about himself soon . But after Fix this problem she made for him.

I heard the Karma doesn't work when you can stop and fix your problem by yourself.

What will happen, if the Karma didn't work in USA,

Your words sound like you are trying to support the scamer !!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Let it go.

The I 864 does not in practice cover much.

Would filing for an annulment ,in lieu of divorce ,based on immigration fraud ,be a possibility?

She would HAVE to be present for court proceedings in HIS jurisdiction ,which is unlikely.

Could that render previous immigration proceedings (other than K1 ) null and void ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

in truth, any of those listed options will work,

however,

you should engage with an Immigration Liason Staffer* on Monday, instead.

* This is a human at yer Congressman's office, they communicate directly with USCIS office staff, always a Congressional Liason Human inside of USCIS. Call around at the various offices, ask who handles immigration stuff - get the name, email address, and fax number.

Firstly - find a congressman this weekend (senator or representative). Study their website. Most have the privacy-act form for release of information that you need to fill out. Prep your letter of inquiry. You probably got a receipt ticket something from that infopass appointment. Prep your scans/pdf files, etc, and :

0. Talk with the ILS Human via phone.

1. fax all to the ILS Human.

2. email all to the ILS Human

3. Talk with the ILS Human a second time , expressing the urgency of the matter.

IMO, the ILS Human will get it done quicker.

What you want to happen is for the withdrawal done at the infopass to be retro-actively handled,

the 'as of' date being the date you handed it over,

and the further production of the card stopped.

Calm down a bit, prep yer stuff this weekend, pull the trigger on Monday with an ILS Human. You've a very small window to be productive.

Thank you Darnell, I'd send the following by IM but that does not seem allowed. So:

One question.

I'm reading as do the liaison officer only, and don't bother with another Infopass meeting and don't bother sending a second set (request) to USCIS at Lee's Summit, MO. But now do it entirely through the LO. If I have that incorrect please let me know.

If you get the chance, please clarify.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Why is it the majority of these cases I see come from the Philippines?

Word. And I could answer that question very clearly and concisely, but I fear it may be against the TOS.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.