frankLarissa

stepdaughter will not arrive unless we allow boyfriend to arrive

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

This is what i am told.....Boyfriend would apply for student visa and arrive in summer 2015. My wife and her daughter would work to help him pay for room and tuition. A year later daughter and bf would live together and continue education. I would be sponsor of daughter, if she gets pregnant, I pay? This seems like to many unknowns.......and now wife says she will return to her home country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You need to be a USC to K1.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is what i am told.....Boyfriend would apply for student visa and arrive in summer 2015. My wife and her daughter would work to help him pay for room and tuition. A year later daughter and bf would live together and continue education. I would be sponsor of daughter, if she gets pregnant, I pay? This seems like to many unknowns.......and now wife says she will return to her home country.

No offense but your wife need to have a reality check about finances. If she gets pregnant and derives welfare of some sort, then your on the hook for that.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

NO.

Just no.

Do not let this happen. She's a teenager. She probably won't be with this guy for another year, especially if she comes to the US of A and meets a bunch of nice American guys who are into her Russian accent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is your wife now telling you she wants to go back, because the daughter won't come without the boyfriend?

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so sorry Frank, they truly need to understand that is just not how it works, there is no way for you to get the boyfriend here.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Frank, like I said earlier, you need to work on your own relationship first. (you've been married less then a month) My wife and I are getting better everyday at dealing with issues. It sounds like you've got some to work out.

None of us know about your relationship. It sounds a little from the outside looking in that there is some manipulation going on. The question is who is being manipulated.

Edited by slowlyman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

This is a bit ridiculous, imo. Imagine if she was your daughter, living with you. Would you even entertain the idea of paying for her boyfriend's schooling?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I don't think explaining abstract things works well with a teenage girl. She needs to be taken step-by-step through the process. Ask her how her boyfriend is going to obtain a student visa. Only he can do this. Has he researched any colleges? Has he applied to any? Has he taken the TOEFL? Obtaining a student visa involves a lot of work and planning. She, the daughter, needs to understand how the process works and how long it will take for her boyfriend to obtain, if he can, a student visa.

The wife, who I know misses her daughter, needs to understand this is blackmail from her daughter. Sooner or later she is going to have to let her fly on her own and this might be the time for the first trial. She came to the US knowing her daughter was not coming here so why the change of heart now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

BF is going to apply for a Student Visa.

So he is going to turn up having presumably applied for the cheapest course nearest where you live (still quite a bit for an International Student) and tell the Consulate that is going to be funded by his GF and her Mother.

The chances of being issues a Visa in such circumstances are somewhat low.

However this is minor compared to the basic principal involved here, give in now and the outlook is not pretty.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.