infoplease

We Are a Perfect Match, But... Did We Meet Too Late? Please Help!

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interesting topic; he is married to her but he was meant for me?blink.png

Statistically speaking: "he is married to her but he was meant for me" (spoken by woman #3)

Of course there really is not enough data to apply stats here...

09/29/2012 - Met Online

11/22/2012 - 11/28/2012 - Steve's 1st Visit

02/08/2013 - I129F Submitted

02/12/2013 - NOA1

02/13/2013 - 03/07/2013 - Steve's 2nd Visit

02/14/2013 - Officially Engaged

06/21/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to TSC

07/24/2013 - NOA2

08/21/2013 - File sent to NVC

08/28/2013 - MNL Case Number received through phone

08/30/2013 - Visa Fee Paid

09/04/2013 - Medical Exam at SLEC (Done in 1 day)

09/25/2013 - Interview Appointment (Under AP with 221G)

10/01/2013 - Additional Document dropped at 2GO SM Cebu

10/08/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to READY

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to AP

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status ISSUED

11/06/2013 - VISA Received

11/11/2013 - CFO Done

11/15/2013 - POE Detroit

I have to agree with what have told you so far. You have some pretty green grass right now.

You just need to ask yourself... Why am I searching for a way for a married man to be with me? If HE WANTED to, he already would be.

Finished!

I'm sorry, but I see red flags all over this situation. I suggest you think things over about your relationship with this guy. He is MARRIED. You can take it from there.

Edited by M and C

I understand that you are 'connected' but this is a married man and you have only known each other for a few months. Proceed with caution.

Be wary. Be very wary.

Filed: Timeline

let just put it this way....for your "KARMA SAKE".....leave them alone!!! just imagine oneday u'll be with him. don't u think he might do the same to u? how can he fall in love that fast and fall out of love that quick? something is not right with this man.

yes it will hurt u now. but i think its better than being with him everyday and your life turn miserable!!

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

My advise is this little quote " If you love someone, set them free and if they return, it was meant to be".

Let me share a little piece of my story, I knew my husband ever since I was a teenager, when his mother found out I was visiting her house she complained to my mother about it. We had to stop seeing each other.. all those mother talk.. teenage pregnancy, school.. now is not the time for this..etc.

He got married a few years later and migrated to the US. I never made contact with him for approximately 20 yrs. I finished High School, got a Job move to another parish and lived my life.

We reunited in 2009 at this time he was going through his divorce, and it was at that time he knew why I stopped talking to him back then. I was still living my life as usual we did not even talk relationship until 2011 he took a trip and ask me if I would visit him while here. I agreed. when I visited he handed me an envelope inside was his divorce decree, he then popped the magical question.

He took me to his mother and asked her if she remember this person, she said yes how could I forget her but I have not seen her in ages, he said to her well we will be getting married soon. She remarked "what is to be must be good luck to both of you".

When I told my mother she remarked "look at how I break up your friendship with him, but I was trying to protect you, you are an adult now and can make your own decisions good luck and I need a grandson".

So my story a good example of my above quote "If you love someone, set them free and if they return, it was meant to be".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Meeting a man that is in a long term relationship and playing around does not make for a good future. A man that is a player doesn't just get "better" overnight. He is at a stage where EVERY new sex partner is the soul mate of his life. If he divorces current wife and marries you, the next soul mate is around the corner. I am old enough to have seen this type of relationship hopper many times. Sometimes they are young and sometime they are just old fools. But good spouse material they are not.

good.gif

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Please be wary. I'd be worried about his intentions; how can someone fall in and out of love so quickly?

The only people that can tell you whether you two can have a future together are you and him. What are you both willing to do to make this work? However which way you cut it you will be breaking up a marriage, do you want to be the "homewrecker"?

I'd hate to be in his wife's position right now.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I am the BENEFICIARY

May 08: Met online via PS3/Call of Duty Multiplayer game; began chatting and playing regularly.
06/10/09: We become a couple <3
11/06/10: Engaged!!! (Technically we've been engaged for months, but he never had a chance to put a ring on me until Nov 6)
10/10/10: Married in Toronto!
03/2011: Filed for hubby's Canadian Permanent Residence.
10/11: Hubby's PR approved and moved to Toronto! (He just didn't like living here)

I-130
12/15/12: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
12/21/12: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to NBC
01/29/13: Received NOA2 via email (40 days since filing I-130)

NVC - ELECTRONIC PROCESSING FROM CANADA
02/06/2013: NVC Received
02/25/2013: Received IIN and BIN numbers
03/05/2013: Received Opt-in Confirmation email
03/26/2013: Received DS-260 / I-864 Bill
03/26/2013: Pay I-864 Bill
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed I-864
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-261
02/26/2013: Return Completed DS-260
03/26/2013: Receive IV Bill
03/26/2013: IV Bill PAID
04/04/2013: Emailed Completed IV Packet
04/17/2013: AOS RFE Received sad.png
04/17/2013: Return RFE
04/30/2013: Case Completed at NVC

POST NVC

05/27/2013: Medical

06/17/2013: Interview/APPROVED!!!

06/19/2013: Visa ready for Pickup

xx/xx/xxxx: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

if he is in a process of getting a green card through his wife, he will be lying to the IO at his interview about good intentions of his marriage.. and that's just sad. and just as somebody said, i fell awful for his wife. and the OP... no offence, but dating a married man? is that really something you wanna get into? how would you like if that was done to you? just saying..

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Keep in mind if he can do this to his wife after only being married less than a year, then you are going to get it worse cos i promise you he will do it to you. I feel sorry for his wife. Does he have any remorse for doing this to her/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Sorry... this may sound like I'm judging, but take it as a simple opinion... What makes you think that he won't leave you for another person that he will probably meet in 2 years?

Anyways, if his GC is already in hand, I don't see any problems with him divorcing. But if he truly thinks that he has met the love of his life, i.e. you, then GC or no GC, he would leave the marriage he currently is in...

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

I am in a strange situation. Several months ago, I met a really great guy and since then, we have really connected, so much so that we can see a future together.

However, the major issue we have is that, before he met me, he had been dating another girl for two years. Please keep in mind that she is American and he is not. Five months ago, this girl asked him if he'd want to take the next step with her in life and, having no other plans in that department, he agreed. As he is a foreigner, paperwork started then and they are now legally married. It's not just an issue of being with the wrong girl and meeting the right one afterwards. It's a mess of legal issues pertaining to green cards, etc. Neither he nor I expected to meet and have such a connection. I feel there is no way that he and I can alter the situation and be together.

Is this true? I hope so much that it isn't!

Does anyone else have any experience with this? We mean no ill will and we in no way wish to disobey the system. We just met at the wrong time and this is heartbreaking for me. Is there no way we might have a future together?

Are you sure you want to be with someone who is wishy-washy and cannot honor his commitments? You may have not come here to ask for relationship advice but let me give you one. Grow up and let that guy grow up, too.

You've said that girl #1 asked this guy to be with her only five months ago and that you met him several months ago. I think "a few months" is more appropriate than "several." If this guy can easily say that she's the wrong girl for him and that you're the right one all TOO FAST, then the only future I see for the two of you is staying apart from each other.

If it's also true that it was girl #1 who initiated in bringing their relationship to the next step, then apparently he can't make up his mind and just allows women to take him to any direction. He will go with whoever wants him so think this through before you shoulder the responsibility of helping him in the legal processes involved to get him out of the mess he's creating.

Edited by Calypso
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.