infoplease

We Are a Perfect Match, But... Did We Meet Too Late? Please Help!

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

The OP hasn't responded to any of the posts relating to the thread she started.

Until she does (and if she does) there is no point in speculating on her situation, neither offering advice on an unknown case. There are a lot of things that need to be clarified and if the OP is truly in need of advice and help, she will need to provide more information in the first place in order to receive accurate advice.

At the very least we need to know:

1) her status (US citizen? US permanent resident? non US resident? other?)

2) her boyfriend's legal status and what immigration process he is currently going through with his wife

3) what his intentions are with regards to the initiated immigration process and the marriage with his wife, if his decision is to be with the OP instead and separate with his wife. If he has chosen to stay with his wife and pursue immigration benefits through her and have an unofficial affair with the OP on the side, that is their business and the answer to what the OP can realistically anticipate with regards to a "future together".

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

My advise is this little quote " If you love someone, set them free and if they return, it was meant to be".

Let me share a little piece of my story, I knew my husband ever since I was a teenager, when his mother found out I was visiting her house she complained to my mother about it. We had to stop seeing each other.. all those mother talk.. teenage pregnancy, school.. now is not the time for this..etc.

He got married a few years later and migrated to the US. I never made contact with him for approximately 20 yrs. I finished High School, got a Job move to another parish and lived my life.

We reunited in 2009 at this time he was going through his divorce, and it was at that time he knew why I stopped talking to him back then. I was still living my life as usual we did not even talk relationship until 2011 he took a trip and ask me if I would visit him while here. I agreed. when I visited he handed me an envelope inside was his divorce decree, he then popped the magical question.

He took me to his mother and asked her if she remember this person, she said yes how could I forget her but I have not seen her in ages, he said to her well we will be getting married soon. She remarked "what is to be must be good luck to both of you".

When I told my mother she remarked "look at how I break up your friendship with him, but I was trying to protect you, you are an adult now and can make your own decisions good luck and I need a grandson".

So my story a good example of my above quote "If you love someone, set them free and if they return, it was meant to be".

I totally agree with you as Im a sucker for true love, but as a married woman reading her post, it does not sit well with me :@ Edited by tashired

IR2/CR2 Journey

02/19/2015 Day00 - Mailed I-130 for my daughter

02/23/2015 Day04 - Received NOA1 texts and emails - Yay!

02/27/2015 Day08 - Received Hard Copy NOA1 in mail - Middle name left off <_<

07/10/2015 Day141- Received Text with Approval/Confirmed via website :)

07/20/2015 Day151- Case sent to NVC - Recd Text & Email

07/24/2015 Day155- NVC received case

08/12/2015 Day174- Case Number & IIN received over the phone.."Oh happy day!"

08/21/2015 Day183- Ds261 Completed Online

08/23/2015 Day185- Paid Aos Fee Online

08/28/2015 Day190- Reviewed Ds261 over the phone

09/19/2015 Day213- Sent Packages (Aos & IV)

09/21/2015 Day215- Scan Date Letter recd by email

10/04/2015 Day228- Paid IV Fee

10/07/2015 Day231- Completed Ds260 - Now the wait :sleepy:

10/19/2015 Day243- Case Complete - Totally unexpected/Ds260 Completed only 2 wks ago - :dancing: To God be the glory!

12/31/2015 Day316- Interview Scheduled/P4 Email Rec'd

02/09/2016 Day354- Medical

02/24/2016 Day369- Interview Appointment - Praise God!

03/01/2016 Day375- Dhl delivers passport - 6 Days after Interview

03/03/2016 Day377-My Baby arrived - Poe Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood Intl - God is Good!

I751-Removal of Conditions Journey

05/26/2015 Day00 - Mailed I751 - Finally! - Now the wait ^_^

05/28/2015 Day02 - Receipt Notice I-751

08/21/2015 Day87 - Walk-in Biometrics successful :)

08/27/2015 Day93 - Biometrics Appointment

10/27/2015 Day154 - Website said card production - love it!

11/05/2015 Day163 - Gc in Hand - To God Be The Glory

Filed: Timeline

HELLO. I AM THE ORIGINAL POSTER.

Forgive my lack of knowledge on how to use this site. I am apparently in the wrong topic and I Don't know if this reply will reach anyone.

In any case, I should have specified that I am not looking for a moral beating. This man and I are in a strange situation. You do not know the emotions or people involved. I was trying to state it as plainly as possible. I see now that I missed out on including some information necessary for help, but you are all simply harping on the ethics involved.

If someone can provide actual advice that does not involve the morals involved, I thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Forgive my lack of knowledge on how to use this site. I am apparently in the wrong topic and I Don't know if this reply will reach anyone.

In any case, I should have specified that I am not looking for a moral beating. This man and I are in a strange situation. You do not know the emotions or people involved. I was trying to state it as plainly as possible. I see now that I missed out on including some information necessary for help, but you are all simply harping on the ethics involved.

If someone can provide actual advice that does not involve the morals involved, I thank you.

Hi..

No judgments here but the information you have given is not enough to anaswer your question. Many times when people are in these types of situations they post here with very fuzzy information. If you want a quality answer you need to provide more complete information. You are anonymous...

specifically: Are you a USC? A Resident? Currently living in the country? The guy: Is he currently living in the US? You said they only decided to start their journey a few months ago with the CR-1 process - where are they at? Waiting for USCIS? NO greencard?

In short: people need yours and his exact status (immigration wise) and where he and his wife are in the process to give you an accurate answer as to what the options are.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi..

No judgments here but the information you have given is not enough to anaswer your question. Many times when people are in these types of situations they post here with very fuzzy information. If you want a quality answer you need to provide more complete information. You are anonymous...

specifically: Are you a USC? A Resident? Currently living in the country? The guy: Is he currently living in the US? You said they only decided to start their journey a few months ago with the CR-1 process - where are they at? Waiting for USCIS? NO greencard?

In short: people need yours and his exact status (immigration wise) and where he and his wife are in the process to give you an accurate answer as to what the options are.

Precisely. Please answer the above questions on your situation. Otherwise there is no way anyone can give you any accurate advice.

I would also add to that: has he specifically told you that he intends to leave his wife to be with you? This could have a direct impact on his eligibility for immigration benefits and his legal stay in the US, therefore the prospects of his relationship with you - depending on what your answers are to the other questions.

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

No offense intended here, but realistically once you choose to go the immigration route your life - all of it, including the fact you met and married a very recently married man that already started the immigration process with another woman WILL be the governments business and you WILL be judged by the immigration officers. So I understand you are not looking for any "moral beatings" here - however when you post anywhere online about your personal life you will always get some opinions and advise. It might be wise for you to be open to some of it. You have said you are in a "strange situation" and that is correct! Strange because it is normally a moral issue for most, not because it is odd or unheard of.

Maybe we do not know about emotions involved... I know I sure don't and never will. But we are not ignorant to love. As someone said earlier - we have all been through separation of loved ones. If it is meant to be it will work out - most likely if you leave him alone to figure it all out, but if you really want to know about immigration wise, you are toying with issues while he is still married. When you answer the questions related things can be more specific. Just bear in mind with the easiest of cases immigration is still a tough process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You only posted enough information to allow for only moral comments.

And what did you expect anyway?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I invite you to study all of my replies to you , in your topic.

Focus solely on what I've written. Then come back in a bit, after you've mapped out your plan, let us know what your new plan is, and we can perhaps assist you with punching holes in your new plan or vetting your new plan.

Your Choice.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.