82 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

wow!!! WHAT A JERK!!!!! >:( Tell him to get his s*** and get the hell out....I wouldnt even hesitate and I would tape him next tme he talks like that....just for evidence just in case.....

where is he from if you dont mind me asking?!

Our love began in 2010....our Journey in 2012 (January) and now we are at peace until 2014!

Timeline (kinda-- Im not putting exact dates- just months~)

--January 2012-- Sent our I-485 and I-130 packet off :)

--February 2012-- Touch-- Need more evidence.

--February 2012-- Sent more evidence.

--March 2012-- Biometrics and Doctors App (around the same time)

--June 2012-- (BIG PROBLEM) Immigration sent us a 'DENIAL' letter due to not having a sponsor (I thought we didnt need one)

--June 2012-- we hired a lawyer and got a sponsor, got the I-290B Motion to Appeal or Reopen had everything sent off by the end of July 2012.

--October 2012-- OUR APPEAL WAS APPROVED (breath easy, we didn't have to wait too long)

--October 2012-- Work permit sent-- got SSN

--November 26th, 2012-- AOS interview-- Got sent out told to get a translator and new interview date would be sent. :(

--January 8th, 2013-- Second interview...went well but no idea if we were approved or denied....VERY STRESSFUL!!

--January 15th, 2013-- APPPPPPRRRROOOOVVVEEEED!!!!!! (checked on USCIS web site)

--January 18th, 2013-- Card Production Ordered....welcome letter (hard copy) in the mail!!! :)

--January 24th, 2013--CARD IN HAND!!! DONE!!!!!

on-beach-at-sunset.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

OP, pull the plug now. DO NOT "HELP" THIS MAN ANOTHER SECOND. Besides all the self-esteem issues running through my head because of the mere thought of helping this man, do you really want to be on the financial hook for this scum for the next 10 years?!?!? He could financially damage you, and I PROMISE you, he's not going to give one flying piece of doo doo!

she won;t be on the hook, an I-864 was never filed and an I-134 is not enforcable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

she won;t be on the hook, an I-864 was never filed and an I-134 is not enforcable

She's not NOW but her OP suggests refiling to "help" him with his GC (but she's worried about lying about their relationship etc) and if she does go through with it she WILL be on the hook. I believe that's what the poster you responded to was talking about.

Filed: Timeline

Vanessa&Tony - you got it right on the K1! Been there and can tell you that after consulting 100s 'immigration' attorneys, only about 15% understand the statutory prohibition against a K1 adjusting status with anyone other than the sponsor - (or they're bullshitting to garner additional fees.)

OP needs to wake up and get some self-esteem. Very concerned with how far this nut job is willing to go to get her to 'help' him - best to get him out of the picture as quickly as possible, divorce later in absentia. There's nothing needed from this guy other than the sound of his feet running away. Having the gullibility and stupidity to continue to 'help' him then OP probably deserves the hell it will put her through.

Ok looking at this with a clear head I see where I went wrong.

The K1 can only adjust through the person that sponsored them, it doesnt mean that thats the only way they can adjust ever. Its the only way they adjust in the US when they were admitted on the K1.

I had thought that once they had expired (similar to other visas) you were out of status- kind of 'illegal' and you would be eligible to adjust status in the US through other means whether its family based or employment based. But reviewing Vanessas link proves that untrue. Theres special provisions for K visas. A K visa holder can adjust other then through the petitioner but they have to do through through a foreign embassy. So they really wouldnt even be a K visa holder any more once they leave.

So I guess the husband could marry someone else in the US. Hang around living off of them for a few months- because hes got no work auth. Theyd have to file the overseas CR1 for him with a foreign address because he can not adjust in the US. Hed have to leave the US to attend the interview over there. Hed need a waiver because of his overstay. When the CR1 is approved Im sure he'll promptly return to the US and ditch the new spouse. Everyones saying hes not going to be able to get the CR1 approved or hes going to have a tough time but Im not so sure. His story is going to be completely different then hers. His story is going to be I came to the US and my wife cheated on me, she kicked me out, she wouldnt file AOS for me she did and then she took it back, she was abusive, unstable, crazy. I met a wonderful woman while I was there and fell in love. We lived together for months, we have proof, we are now married and in love and have statements from people and a joint lease. My ex is bitter and crazy and wants me back. Most married people are approved.

Hes coming back to her because its easier and quicker. He doesnt have to woo or scam anyone else. Going through someone else will get him the GC but hes already invested so much into her.

The only other thing I could think of is for him to file a false VAWA claim so the OP should never be alone with him from this point forward, so he has no opportunity to claim abuse or file false reports against her.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

How much more mental abuse are you going to take?

Don't you realize you are being used?

Why would you even consider committing immigration fraud for someone who clearly does not and has never love you?

IfI you help him, then you have only yourself to blame because now you are letting him abuse you. Don't blame him for the abuse. Blame yourself if you help him.

Get a divorce and get rid of him.

Edited by aaron2020

I know this appears to be my first post on this forum but it is not. I started a new account due to keeping my privacy intact. Here is my story, my husband came here, we got married. He left during the initial stages of the immigration process, He was just gone, I didnt know where he was or anything. After multiple threats to my situation and his own immigration status and lawyer's advise they advised me to cancel my sponsorship. Well, I did that and of course a few weeks later he comes back and I feel bad and immediately send and letter to USCIS saying i do not want to cancel, well what happened was they never opened the letter and we got denied. I paid for an appeal with my lawyer and the appeal got denied also. In that time my husband was in and out of the house. I am not totally blaming him for all the issues that would be unfair. It has been so rocky, but yet once again I gave it another try because truly I do love him. We decided we would do his while immigration status over. Of course since he feels it is all my fault because i cancelled the first time (not recognizing that i attempted to stop it) he says well i have to pay for it all again myself. Maybe I am stupid but i agreed, so we started the paperwork again. Well here we are and he tells me the marriage isnt going to work but would still like me to do his paperwork, to "help him". He wants to postpone the divorce until he gets his green card. He tells me If i am a good person I will do this and help him because i Have messed up his life. At first I feel guilty and think well maybe he is right, and my lawyer fills the paperwork out but also cautions me that there will be an interview and I need to realize that it will be hard to prove a bonafide marriage when we are not living together. He says he will do it because he is trying to understand why i feel the need to help, but I should really think about it. I then say to my husband i do not know if I can stay in a fake marriage for his status for many reasons. Some of the reasons are, how do i move on, it is illegal, and I really wanted a marriage not an arrangement. He then says well if you help me maybe i will work on the marriage with you, but first I need proof that you have filed my status. I sit here confused because I do feel guilty, I just dont know what to do. While i am thinking of all this and trying to clear my head and make the best decision he then tells me listen if you are going to do it do it now if not divorce me so I can marry another woman to do my status. I was shocked, not sure why, but i was. I asked my lawyer if this is possible and he said yes. This whole situation has me sick to my stomach. It is affecting every aspect of my life.

Confused: he is using you! And he NEVER LOVED YOU! Ever! He wanted to get his green card so he could stay! That's exactly why is also disappeared. He was off chasing girls! And you did right to stop the procedure at the first place, but sorry to say, you are stupid if you agree to help him now. Don't file for him again! Just tell him to move on and solve his issue. No emotions that you feel bad bla bla bla! You should feel bad for something else:

1. if you in the future truly fall in love with someone who loves you actually not like this guy, and want to live with you for the rest of his life and have kids with you, you are going to make it impossible for that guy to immigrate here because you'll have a record at USCIS that you have already previously sponsored someone whom you divorced afterwards --> alas, they won't believe you that the relationship is bona fide and you'll actually going to screw up the person who will in the future want to have a family with you. What is he going to say? "No problem, because you committed fraud, I'll just be at home and well be pen pals? Come on! Be rationale, and not a follow his advice like some sort of teenager who fell in love with their teacher...

2. you, yourself, creating a record of your own. Do you want to run around as a citizen that you have a record for immigration fraud?

3. All these people on this forum who truly want to live with other person that they have chose as a spouse have a hard time already due to exactly for couples like you guys! Don't make their situation harder!

So, please, don't file for this dude. He is the biggest jerk ever! And too bad you were so blind to fall in love with someone who never loved you, but just wanted to get his green card. If you file, many of us will be quiet upset because you are hardening "our" situation. Come on! Just kick him out and move on! There are plenty of good people around the world who will love you unconditionally forever! They will want to have their future with you. And if the person will be a foreign citizen he won't ever be able to fulfill his dream with you, no matter what, because you committed an immigration fraud in the past. Come on, lady!

"he then tells me listen if you are going to do it do it now if not divorce me so I can marry another woman to do my status."

This seems to be clear as day. The man wants to commit fraud with your assistance. It would be easier with you because you have established an emotional attachment thereby allowing him to manipulate you. Hence, your feelings of guilt. You have no reason to feel guilty unless you participate and become his patsy. He obviously isn't hiding the fact that he will work on another mind to do the job if you aren't up to it. Your situation sucks, and I am sorry to hear about it. I would get out while I could rather than dig the hole deeper.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

She's not NOW but her OP suggests refiling to "help" him with his GC (but she's worried about lying about their relationship etc) and if she does go through with it she WILL be on the hook. I believe that's what the poster you responded to was talking about.

yeah, either way the OP needs to get rid of him. As I stated on the first page, what he is suggesting is fraud, and lying will bring severe consequences down the road. I'm curious to know what country her husband is from...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I know this appears to be my first post on this forum but it is not. I started a new account due to keeping my privacy intact. Here is my story, my husband came here, we got married. He left during the initial stages of the immigration process, He was just gone, I didnt know where he was or anything. After multiple threats to my situation and his own immigration status and lawyer's advise they advised me to cancel my sponsorship. Well, I did that and of course a few weeks later he comes back and I feel bad and immediately send and letter to USCIS saying i do not want to cancel, well what happened was they never opened the letter and we got denied. I paid for an appeal with my lawyer and the appeal got denied also. In that time my husband was in and out of the house. I am not totally blaming him for all the issues that would be unfair. It has been so rocky, but yet once again I gave it another try because truly I do love him. We decided we would do his while immigration status over. Of course since he feels it is all my fault because i cancelled the first time (not recognizing that i attempted to stop it) he says well i have to pay for it all again myself. Maybe I am stupid but i agreed, so we started the paperwork again. Well here we are and he tells me the marriage isnt going to work but would still like me to do his paperwork, to "help him". He wants to postpone the divorce until he gets his green card. He tells me If i am a good person I will do this and help him because i Have messed up his life. At first I feel guilty and think well maybe he is right, and my lawyer fills the paperwork out but also cautions me that there will be an interview and I need to realize that it will be hard to prove a bonafide marriage when we are not living together. He says he will do it because he is trying to understand why i feel the need to help, but I should really think about it. I then say to my husband i do not know if I can stay in a fake marriage for his status for many reasons. Some of the reasons are, how do i move on, it is illegal, and I really wanted a marriage not an arrangement. He then says well if you help me maybe i will work on the marriage with you, but first I need proof that you have filed my status. I sit here confused because I do feel guilty, I just dont know what to do. While i am thinking of all this and trying to clear my head and make the best decision he then tells me listen if you are going to do it do it now if not divorce me so I can marry another woman to do my status. I was shocked, not sure why, but i was. I asked my lawyer if this is possible and he said yes. This whole situation has me sick to my stomach. It is affecting every aspect of my life.

Im sure you are confused and hurt and in love and not sure what to do.. but I'm telling you, let him go, you deserve better than this. I usually dont offer advice specifically but he is using your goodness as a person to make his situation better and could care less about you. Your post really got to me because I dont know you but I HATE the idea of people being taken advantage of. I really am hoping you will find the strength to cut him loose, this isnt right either legally or fair to you. Either way I wish the best for you and BELIEVE me you deserve better than this.

Take care,

Sherry

Met 10/2009Married 9/13/2012 in indiaFiled I-130 12/4/2012Assigned MSC case # 12/6/20122/14/2013 called uscis and on 1/30/2013 case moved from MSC to Chicago local office.4/17/2013 letter from senator durbin's office that a inquiry will be made on my case and to allow 30-60 days6/7/2013 NOA2 !!!!! while I am visiting my baby!!!!7/12/2013 letter from senator and copy of USCIS email to them stated our case heading to NVC 7/23/2013 NVC # assigned!!!!!!7/25/2013 called for Invoice identification number and had them add yash's email( Yash sent DS3032 via email nex day)7/29/2013 rec'd email from NVC with DS3032 and AOS invoice, paid today $88 mailed hardcopy of DS 30328/1/2013 AOS pkg mail via fed ex8/6/2013 AOS rec'd @NVC8/12/2013 DS3032 accepted IV invoiced8/15/2013 IV fed ex'd9/9/13 dreaded checklist asking for DS260 b/c DS230 obsolete<p>9/11/13 electronic submission of DS260 accepted
9/17/2013 called NVC case was completed as of today

10/1/2013 rec'd interview letter and date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/4/2013 INTERVIEW

RESULT....APPROVED!!!

11/12/2013 email to pick up visa!!!

09/09/15-12/2016 ROC +interview= appproved in over a year

12/21/2016 fedex'd N-400 application and per fedex was rec'd

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I know she is not on the hook NOW, I stated to stop the process now so that she doesn't become resposnible for him in the FUTURE.

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

OP, it's clear that you have dangerously low self esteem and deep within, consider your self-worth to be extremely low- otherwise you wouldn't allow other people to use and abuse you in this way. I'm so sorry you feel this way, I know you are wonderful and unique individual with much to contribute to this world. I hope you can learn to see yourself in a more positive light, and I promise that once you do, your life will be full of joy. There is a part of you that KNOWS you have to leave this man and everything he represents, listen to that voice. Everything will turn out all right.

Edited by pddp

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.