nunya business

Looks like obama has screwed us all

150 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

On same note, it is unfortunate that I am going to be waiting a few more months for a response on my case like many of you because of this Deferred Act.It is not right but what could be done other than writing to the people in Congress?

Nothing really I guess. Or choose to live in a different country.

For us to get married in france we need a tourist visa. And him to live there for at least a month before we get married. But apparently we can get married and he can stay until status is adjusted and we can live together and not be separated. This sounds like a fairy tale to me (I am pretty sure it would still be a pain, but nothing like the K1 one)

Anyway, we didn't choose this road. We decided we would live in the US because I speak english and he doesn't speak french. So this is it.

I am very sorry for everyone who will wait longer. But as said before, the process is always long. And processing times varies during the year for different reasons...when we filed processing time were a bit less than 5 months, they went up to 6 and a bit, for something like a month and a half, then went back to 5 months. Not fair nor predictable. Some folks after us are luckystar_smile.gif

Don't loose hopeno0pb.gifno0pb.gif

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Instead of scapegoating, spend this time preparing for your partner's arrival to the U.S., read up on the next steps post-K-1 (since there always seem to be 100 threads of the "We're married, now what?" vein), figure out what housing/lifestyle changes need to be done to ensure your partner feels welcome.

Go volunteer.

Teach a kid how to read.

Book a vacation.

i agree %100 :thumbs: best response yet!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I say take a Xanax and chill out B-)

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

for pete's sake people.. learn to use punctuation marks.. i'm getting cross-eyed reading your posts.. :wacko:

LPR 2007

CITIZENSHIP 2012

N-400 filed based marriage to usc = april ??

biometrics = june 21

interview = august 2

oath taking = august 29

done..

It will be very, very interesting to know the opinions of the people giving the OP a hard time AFTER they have to wait 10-12 months just because of all the backlog this added policy will cause.

Having the gift of foresight can be such a curse, isn't it, OP?

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

To take a cliché, this process is not a sprint -- it's a marathon. Considering the process involves lots of waiting after the first hurdle, the OP and others who are equally frustrated are better off using that energy to fuel more productive tasks, such as preparing for their partner's arrival to the U.S.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

It will be very, very interesting to know the opinions of the people giving the OP a hard time AFTER they have to wait 10-12 months just because of all the backlog this added policy will cause.

But that is not going to happen. The OP made up 10 months based on nothing. There is zero truth to the "10 month" quote. It's just fear mongering an paranoia and a bad attitude.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

Only hindsight is 20-20.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

You should be blaming the parents who came here illegally with their children in tow. Children who grew up here, went to school here, and are here by no fault of their own. These children want the opportunity to remain in the only place they know as home. Our government has a conscience...I find no fault in that. Obviously you don't know the first thing about this legislation. You are being selfish because it may take your case a month or 2 longer to get through USCIS, oh boohoo. Your case and check being lost has zero to do with Deferred Action.

Obama? Conscious? HA! Not in the least!

2011 - Met online
2012/05/03 - Started "Dating"
2012/06/27-07/16 -
Met in Haiti/got engaged
2012/08/20 - I-129F Sent
2012/08/28-09/05 -
Second trip to Haiti
2012/08/28 - I-129F NOA1
2012/08/29 - Check Cashed
2012/08/31 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
2012/09/05 - NOA2 (I-129F)
2012/09/10 - Emailed U.S. Embassy in Haiti for Packet 3.
2012/09/10 - NVC Received
2012/09/10 - NOA2 Hard-Copy
2012/09/11 - Called NVC to check status, told fiance's DOB is wrong, but it's right on both application forms. They said send birth cert & passport.
2012/09/13 - Submitted DS-156 online & printed copies (& emailed to both of us).
2012/09/14 - Emailed scanned copies of original application, birth cert & passport to NVC.
2012/09/14 - Called & insisted they fix THEIR mistake. Message forwarded to supervisor. Got an email within 30 minutes; fixed! Called & confirmed.
2012/09/19 - Still in AP (Administrative/Additional Processing)... waiting...
2012/09/25 - Left NVC
2013/01/08/18 -
Third trip to Haiti
2013/01/17 - K1 Visa Denied (he had been given a fake death certificate for his first wife who was killed in the 2010 earthquake)
2013/03/05-20 -
Fourth trip to Haiti
2013/03/14 - Got Married in Port au Prince

2013/08/11-22 - Fifth trip to Haiti

2014/01/26-02/12 - Sixth trip to Haiti

2014/03/12-15 - Seventh trip to Haiti

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

But that is not going to happen. The OP made up 10 months based on nothing. There is zero truth to the "10 month" quote. It's just fear mongering an paranoia and a bad attitude.

Excuse me but I got that straight from tier 2 agent named Michelle any other comments? I waited on hold for almost 1 hour and 45 minutes to be told these things so unless you are willing to wait that long listening the the instrumental version of the girl from ipanemia you need to adjust your comments or keep them to yourself! as for bad attitude I might have come off just a little strong but I wanted to let the good people here know hat I had learned is there fault in that?

Obama? Conscious? HA! Not in the least!

he's conscious, i doubt we'd allow an unconscious man to be president two terms. maybe one term - but not two.

and when we were going through the k1 process - a great number of people were all upset about haitian refugees taking priority (due to the earthquake). it's always something.

maybe if we had some serious legal immigration reform in this country people wouldn't have to suffer being separated from their loved ones so long. really silly to blame the wait on obama though.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I agree with the OP. I am just glad we didn't file this past year for K-1. But it is still true that we paid about 2000 dollars when this new DREAM act makes the others legal with 460 bucks or something crazy like that.

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Excuse me but I got that straight from tier 2 agent named Michelle any other comments? I waited on hold for almost 1 hour and 45 minutes to be told these things so unless you are willing to wait that long listening the the instrumental version of the girl from ipanemia you need to adjust your comments or keep them to yourself! as for bad attitude I might have come off just a little strong but I wanted to let the good people here know hat I had learned is there fault in that?

I don't think there is a fault in sharing the information you got. And the venting is probably quite normal too actually (as I said, I vented a lot myself)... but it got political... and we all know where we are heading when we start talking politics with people who we don't agree with....

As for what the tier 2 told you... this is an estimation... and USCIS usually don't give estimations, they just give the current processing times. What he told you may be pessimistic. You may not have to wait 10 months

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png