nunya business

Looks like obama has screwed us all

150 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I agree with the OP. I am just glad we didn't file this past year for K-1. But it is still true that we paid about 2000 dollars when this new DREAM act makes the others legal with 460 bucks or something crazy like that.

Their is a difference between them and us though:

We (alien fiancé and spouse) are immigrating. Meaning we are also emigrating. We are leaving our country to go live in a new one.

They are not immigrating. They are not even migrating. They are just staying were they are and have always been. And they are finally going to have rights that most of us are totally able to enjoy already in our own country. As painful as the process is, compairing both situation to say ours is worse seems a little too much.

It is not just money and time we are talking about, it is a right to be equal to others...

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The process is actually a few weeks, the rest is waiting, no different in principal to going the other way where it does take a few weeks.

What has happened was mentioned when DACA was announced and I am sure the Provisional waiver will have a similar effect.

So if you are here illegally and need a waiver you will be a week or two away from your Family, but if you have not broken the law you could wait a year. Nice one.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Their is a difference between them and us though:

We (alien fiancé and spouse) are immigrating. Meaning we are also emigrating. We are leaving our country to go live in a new one.

They are not immigrating. They are not even migrating. They are just staying were they are and have always been. And they are finally going to have rights that most of us are totally able to enjoy already in our own country. As painful as the process is, compairing both situation to say ours is worse seems a little too much.

It is not just money and time we are talking about, it is a right to be equal to others...

The parents of those people are to blame , I know. Everything is usually not fair. They may have had it difficult. It's frustrating to see illegal Thai girl getting married after being here illegally for 4 years and nothing happens tho.

Nothing is equal and that goes BOTH ways. It's when people cheat to make it "fair" that is not good.

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with the OP. I am just glad we didn't file this past year for K-1. But it is still true that we paid about 2000 dollars when this new DREAM act makes the others legal with 460 bucks or something crazy like that.

It does not make them legal permanent residents. It defers removal action. They are not getting lawful permanent residence for the $460.

Edited by Love's JAA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I agree with everyone else, your time is best spent getting ready for the next step of this process. The wait times are always just an estimate. Sometimes it says they are processing in 5 months and it only takes 30 days and then other times it says 5 month and it takes much longer. Truth is there is a lot about this process that we can't control but while you are waiting you could be getting all of the things done that you CAN control. I spent 3 months at NVC because I didnt have everything ready when they asked for it. I could have had case completed in a month if I had been ready. As far as what you are told on the phone they have a script that they read and it is ALWAYS worst case scenerio. Just keep calling and checking and staying on top of your case......and be prepared to wait. It is what it is.

Just got off the Phone with USCIS this evening I got some discouraging news when you call USCIS first tier what ever times they give you double them, I am not kidding, if they say 5 months expect 10 months or longer! Obama and his Amnesty act has screwed all of us doing this the legal way and guess who gets priority now not us who sit by and wait and wait and wait but the ones who got here illegally and they don't have to pay a dime not one red penny! I hope every one has lots of time and lots of patience because you are in for a long agonizing ride! Oh and just to let you know USPS lost my petition some guy named thornquist is having a good time with the money I sent. and you KNOW what USCIS said for me to do WAIT and when i said i should cancel the money order and start over she said i would not do that if i was you i asked why she would not tell me she just kept saying their favorite word Wait! Wait!

If you are so discouraged and think Obama screwed you why don't you move to your beneficiaries country, maybe that will be easier than the path you have presently chosen.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So much here to have fun with.

The people that WERE illegal are NOW doing it "the right way" because the "right way" changed. You may not like it, but that is the truth. You may as well say we should throw out K-1s or H-1Bs or whoever else you are blaming for waiting today. There have also been changes as to how petitions are handled that will improve things overall...but not TODAY. And as far as that goes that are about 50 million people worldwide that think YOU are cheating because YOU don;t have to wait 7-10 years to get a visa like they do. No small number of people would love to end the benefit YOU have so they could move along faster.

Give it a rest

USCIS is funded by fees we pay, at least they say so, and the fees have generally been reduced in the last few years.

You entered into a relationship with someone that requires an immigration process and now you are whining. Stop it please. If your fiancee/wife is not worth the hassle and wait then break it off and marry the girl next door. Mine was definitely worth it but she is Ukrainian, smoking hot, and sleeps naked. Maybe that's the difference?

One thing you can count on during this process is that waiting times will change and fluctuate as they have for the last 5 years I am aware of, deal with it. I suggest you spend time preparing for your new spouse and her life here, the visa is nothing.

:rofl:

Love this!!!!

09/27/2012 Engaged in Jamaica

12/4/2012 Texas Service Center received paperwork USPS delivery conf

12/5/2012 Touched

12/7/2012 Check cashed

12/7/2012 NOA1 sent email and SMS text..forwarded to California Service Center

12/11/2012 Website updated initial review

12/13/2012 NOA1 hardcopy received

04/16/2013 Website updated*** APPROVED!!

04/19/2013 NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

05/30/2013 medical appt

06/13/2013 interview day!! ---APPROVED!!!!

Ceac website: two weeks in "ready "

Ceac website: one week in "AP"

Ceac website: one week back in "ready"

07/10/2013 ceac website -visa:issued..no airbill number

07/15/2013 still no visa kng embassy is ran by incompetent baboons

07/17/2013 notified visa w/dhl

07/18/2013 fiance picked up visa

08/04/2013 POE

08/08/2013 Wedding Day

08/26/2013 mailed AOS,EAD,AP paperwork

08/28/2013 tracking conf papers delivered

09/04/2013 3 txt msgs recvd with cases #s

09/06/2013 check cashed

09/09/2013 recvd all (3) Noa1 hardcopies

10/01/2013 Biometrics appt (hoping to do a walk in)--successful walk in done 9-16

10/31/2013 EAD/AP approved

11/09/2013 EAD/AP in hand!

01/27/2013 Green Card in production!!

01/31/2013 Received a "welcome to America "letter

02/05/2014 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Adjudicators take a long time to be trained, they do not have a pool waiting for something like DACA.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

My afternoon at work is just dragging, and I had a blast reading this thread. So thank you. :lol:

Just got home from a long day working...And I had a blast reading this thread too! LOL

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with everyone else, your time is best spent getting ready for the next step of this process. The wait times are always just an estimate. Sometimes it says they are processing in 5 months and it only takes 30 days and then other times it says 5 month and it takes much longer. Truth is there is a lot about this process that we can't control but while you are waiting you could be getting all of the things done that you CAN control. I spent 3 months at NVC because I didnt have everything ready when they asked for it. I could have had case completed in a month if I had been ready. As far as what you are told on the phone they have a script that they read and it is ALWAYS worst case scenerio. Just keep calling and checking and staying on top of your case......and be prepared to wait. It is what it is.

What next step answer me that everything is on HOLD until something happens how can you plan a life if you don't know if there is going to be a life to plan!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just got off the Phone with USCIS this evening I got some discouraging news when you call USCIS first tier what ever times they give you double them, I am not kidding, if they say 5 months expect 10 months or longer! Obama and his Amnesty act has screwed all of us doing this the legal way and guess who gets priority now not us who sit by and wait and wait and wait but the ones who got here illegally and they don't have to pay a dime not one red penny! I hope every one has lots of time and lots of patience because you are in for a long agonizing ride! Oh and just to let you know USPS lost my petition some guy named thornquist is having a good time with the money I sent. and you KNOW what USCIS said for me to do WAIT and when i said i should cancel the money order and start over she said i would not do that if i was you i asked why she would not tell me she just kept saying their favorite word Wait! Wait!

Update!!

I find if funny that most of the people on here that have not very good things to say have their visas and are with there loved ones. On another note USPS has now confirmed that my packet was indeed delivered to USCIS but to the wrong PO box they delivered it to, now get this, the office that processes......wait for it..... the I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. How ironic I had to laugh when they told e that one!!!