nunya business

Looks like obama has screwed us all

150 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It does not make them legal permanent residents. It defers removal action. They are not getting lawful permanent residence for the $460.

And what do you think will happen next?

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Their is a difference between them and us though:

We (alien fiancé and spouse) are immigrating. Meaning we are also emigrating. We are leaving our country to go live in a new one.

They are not immigrating. They are not even migrating. They are just staying were they are and have always been. And they are finally going to have rights that most of us are totally able to enjoy already in our own country. As painful as the process is, compairing both situation to say ours is worse seems a little too much.

It is not just money and time we are talking about, it is a right to be equal to others...

She has a good point... :thumbs:

If there is any truth about those applications taking precedent & delaying our applications due to an increase work load & not enough workers, ill be very disappointed and pissed off too ranting like the original poster. (Thank God, it's still a land of free speech & public opinion here)

I guess life is not fair that my hubby cannot hop and jump over the Rio Grande as my coworkers suggested him doing. And I guess it's not fair that the "children of illegals" are ALREADY HERE all their life with their family while I'm separated from my husband. The longer the process the less probability of not being able to have a family of my own. Being a child from LEGAL immigrants, my parents did it the right way by filing their applications first. They taught me to respect rules & doing things the right way. I spent just about all of my fertile reproductive years doing the right & legal thing which was going to college without qualifying for affirmative action, building my career, securing assets& having a stable life. Finally, Met my true love & ready to start my life. When I got not so good news about my fertility this past December from my doctor, reading stuff like this really irks me because someone is getting a break because their parents broke rules & they just might "cut in front of others". (I'm not sharing all this to get sympathy) But I just wanted to vent my thoughts too.

I know patience is a virtue, all GOOD things come to the one who waits, and of course life is unfair :huh:

Edited by Ismael&Blair

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If legislation is passed paving the way to residency, and then citizenship, then they will file the appropriate forms and pay the appropriate fees.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Bingo!

If legislation is passed paving the way to residency, and then citizenship, then they will file the appropriate forms and pay the appropriate fees.

Then how come Obama doesn't come out and say that?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

sorry, I dont think thats true. My fiance called USCIS today, and they said that we (K1 filers) won't be affected by the dream act. The reason why its so backed up is because there are so many applicants.

They are processing July 17th ones today at CSC

july huh hey that is 6 months go figure LMAO

Timeline

Bingo!

Then how come Obama doesn't come out and say that?

And then guess what? The citizen children will be able to turn around and petition for their parents. The very parents that brought them here illegally will turn around and make them legal. All the people considering coming here illegally will say holy smokes! What a deal! We can go to the U.S. illegally and become legal some day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

And then guess what? The citizen children will be able to turn around and petition for their parents. The very parents that brought them here illegally will turn around and make them legal. All the people considering coming here illegally will say holy smokes! What a deal! We can go to the U.S. illegally and become legal some day!

and Vote.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Open borders?

Hey whatever it takes to get more registered democrats.

Hey whatever it takes to get more registered democrats.

You hit the nail on the coffin with this comment... :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

What next step answer me that everything is on HOLD until something happens how can you plan a life if you don't know if there is going to be a life to plan!

I wasnt referring to the life you will have once your loved one is here. When i said plan i meant plan for the next step in your process. There are a lot of documents that you need to get together and proof that you will eventually need for your interview. Those are the things that help pass the time and keep your mind busy while you wait. I think we all understand your frustration. I just think that blaming anyone for it is useless. It is a process and it takes time. I wish you luck in your journey. From my experience(and i am not through with this process we have an interview date scheduled next month) the best thing to do is to research, read, ask questions, and just be prepared so that when your time comes you will feel confident going into your interview and your long wait for your love one will be worth all of the work and effort you put into it. Good Luck to you and everyone! :)

Filed: Timeline

"Petition" does not mean approved. And approved does not mean it will be an easy process. The parents were adults when they entered and/or remained here illegally.... and now they're on record. I don't think it will be as straightforward as you seem to think.

iagree.gif