nunya business

Looks like obama has screwed us all

150 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

My dad stuck up a bank and went to jail when I was 15. I know he broke the law. It was no fault of mine, but we lost our house and everything because of his actions. How come Obama isn't helping me? Where's my special treatment?

/sarcasm

Really??? Well, I guess the difference is his parents brought him here (yes illegally) with the hopes of a better future for their family, not to commit crimes. His parents never put other peoples lives in danger or held anyone up hoping for a handout. They came here to WORK and support their family not live on a free ride. I'm not saying that people who cross the border illegally deserve "special treatment" but to punish their children who had no choice is not right they should be given a chance. As far as your case if your father committed a crime and your family payed the price i'm sorry for your loss but even through your loss you werent threatened with being sent to a foreign country where you had no one and it didnt stop you from being able to go to school or live out your dreams.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I know more about it then you think the cutoff age is 32 not 17 32! 32 is not a child 32 is an adult a child by all US standard is anyone under the age of 18 a child I can understand but not 18 to 32 year old adults give me a break!

But those 32 year-olds had to be in the country since they were children... That's the point... The 32-year-old adult is not whom they are giving the amnesty; but the child (who entered the country illegally because of his/her parents) who is now 32!

To see a more detailed journey schedule, please see the About Me page and my Timeline.

Our K1 Process

June 7, 2012 -- Sent I-129F to June 9, 2013 -- Religious & Civil Wedding Ceremony in CT

FROM I-129f NOA1 to VISA APPROVAL: Exactly 8 months! No RFEs

Our AOS Process

July 16, 2013 -- Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP Paperwork to December 21, 2013 -- Received GC Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 4 months 27 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our ROC Process

September 21, 2015 -- Mailed ROC Paperwork to August 6, 2016 -- Received Card in the Mail!

FROM NOA1 to GREEN CARD in Hand: Exactly 10 months 10 days! No Interview or RFEs.

Our {His} N-400 Process

Eligible to Apply for Citizenship on September 14, 2016.

October 4, 2016 -- Mailed N-400 Paperwork.

November 8, 2016 -- Completed Biometrics.

May 6, 2017 -- Received Interview Letter in the Mail.

June 8, 2017 -- Interview Passed!

June 16, 2017 -- Oath Ceremony! He is a USC!!

FROM Application to CITIZENSHIP: Exactly 8 months 13 days! No RFEs.

== I am the Petitioner/Sponsor/Citizen Spouse ==

At one point in time last year, they started reporting the processing time for VSC was 8 months, even though they were processing 4-5 months. It was even on their website as 8 months. Everyone was flipping out on here :lol: then a week later they corrected it.

Their site says 6 months. Their Oct 2012 backlog was 18k, and they processed 2.5k applications...that's about 7 months... definitely not 10.

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Really??? Well, I guess the difference is his parents brought him here (yes illegally) with the hopes of a better future for their family, not to commit crimes. His parents never put other peoples lives in danger or held anyone up hoping for a handout. They came here to WORK and support their family not live on a free ride. I'm not saying that people who cross the border illegally deserve "special treatment" but to punish their children who had no choice is not right they should be given a chance. As far as your case if your father committed a crime and your family payed the price i'm sorry for your loss but even through your loss you werent threatened with being sent to a foreign country where you had no one and it didnt stop you from being able to go to school or live out your dreams.

Regardless, the parents willingly broke the law. If my father stole to feed his children, or give them a better life, should he not have to receive punishment merely because it would affect me? Should I be given some special treatment? Who is wanting to punish the children? I'm not saying lock them up. Let them go back to their country of origin and apply for a visa legally like everyone else. If that causes major problems in their life, don't look at the U.S. govt. to bail you out. Look at your parents who got you into this mess.

And my father did not commit a crime. I was using that as an example, hence the /sarcasm. Parents do bad things all the time that affect their children. It's called LIFE.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Regardless, the parents willingly broke the law. If my father stole to feed his children, or give them a better life, should he not have to receive punishment merely because it would affect me? Should I be given some special treatment? Who is wanting to punish the children? I'm not saying lock them up. Let them go back to their country of origin and apply for a visa legally like everyone else. If that causes major problems in their life, don't look at the U.S. govt. to bail you out. Look at your parents who got you into this mess.

And my father did not commit a crime. I was using that as an example, hence the /sarcasm. Parents do bad things all the time that affect their children. It's called LIFE.

i guess we can agree to disagree. I never said the parents shouldnt have consequences for their actions but i dont think it's right to take a person who has lived basically their entire life into adult hood in the United States and deport them to a country they most likely dont ever remember being in and surrounded by no one they know. Again, we can just agree to disagree, everyone is entitled to their opinion. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I know more about it then you think the cutoff age is 32 not 17 32! 32 is not a child 32 is an adult a child by all US standard is anyone under the age of 18 a child I can understand but not 18 to 32 year old adults give me a break!

yes that is correct, but they were at some point brought here as minors, by their parents, illegally, no choice on their part...comprende?

Timeline

Again, we can just agree to disagree, everyone is entitled to their opinion. :)

Yep I agree with you on that. :thumbs:

Me and the wife are done with the immigration process. I would think this closet amnesty thing would really upset people that are in the process now. I know it would me if I was filing now. This whole lifetime of 2 year renewable EADs is not permanent. It can't be. At some point it's going to have to lead to permanent residency and maybe citizenship. Anyone that thinks any differently is fooling themselves. So it is in reality amnesty for some. I don't understand why the govt. just doesn't come out and say it. Obama has been re-elected. He can't run for a 3rd time. Just spit it out already.

Edited by Karee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My dad stuck up a bank and went to jail when I was 15. I know he broke the law. It was no fault of mine, but we lost our house and everything because of his actions. How come Obama isn't helping me? Where's my special treatment?

/sarcasm

You are comparing apples to oranges and it has really no relevance to this thread

Timeline

You are comparing apples to oranges and it has really no relevance to this thread

Hence the /sarcasm. It is relevant. The poster brought up Obama and the deferred enforcement program. Just because you may not agree with me, does not make it irrelevant. Maybe it's not relevant to you, but it relevant to the OP.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

If anything I can only offer one piece of advice.

Immigration process = time, money and time away from those we love. It sucks but it's what we go through to be with the people we love. The thing that helped me get through a year of waiting after we were married (CR-1 Visa) was realizing it was 1 year of the rest of my life it put things into perspective in terms of the sacrifices we were making.

You're not alone in this frustration but what can you do? Blaming Obama isn't really the way to go about things though. I realize it was perhaps a knee jerk reaction to what you perceive to be a longer waiting time (and perhaps you do have to wait that long). But trust me it's not just 'one' person who is to 'blame' if you do have to wait longer. I applaud Obama and others for passing what they did on the illegal immigrants children. Do I have sympathy for Illegal immigrants who knowingly broke the law? NO. But I do for those who by no choice of their own was essentially forced/ brought into this country unknowingly illegal. I can't blame them they're not at fault. It's those who all of those years ago (and still now) came here illegally that ruin it for those of use who come here honestly and put our time in.

In the mean time I'd look to plan visits to your fiance (if you can or vis versa). I know it's more money but at least it will help make up for the time apart.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with this. I just would try to redirect just who you're angry at. I'd be more or less upset with the situation. But in the end it is what it is and many were in the same shoes you were in and are in the same shoes.

Well said, totally agree with you!! :thumbs:

event.pngevent.png

Timeline

If anything I can only offer one piece of advice.

Immigration process = time, money and time away from those we love. It sucks but it's what we go through to be with the people we love. The thing that helped me get through a year of waiting after we were married (CR-1 Visa) was realizing it was 1 year of the rest of my life it put things into perspective in terms of the sacrifices we were making.

You're not alone in this frustration but what can you do? Blaming Obama isn't really the way to go about things though. I realize it was perhaps a knee jerk reaction to what you perceive to be a longer waiting time (and perhaps you do have to wait that long). But trust me it's not just 'one' person who is to 'blame' if you do have to wait longer. I applaud Obama and others for passing what they did on the illegal immigrants children. Do I have sympathy for Illegal immigrants who knowingly broke the law? NO. But I do for those who by no choice of their own was essentially forced/ brought into this country unknowingly illegal. I can't blame them they're not at fault. It's those who all of those years ago (and still now) came here illegally that ruin it for those of use who come here honestly and put our time in.

In the mean time I'd look to plan visits to your fiance (if you can or vis versa). I know it's more money but at least it will help make up for the time apart.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with this. I just would try to redirect just who you're angry at. I'd be more or less upset with the situation. But in the end it is what it is and many were in the same shoes you were in and are in the same shoes.

Nice post. Whether you agree with Obama and his immigration policies or not, it's not going to change anything in the OPs case. First line of the serenity prayer:

"God, grant me the sereneity to accept the things I can not change"

*Disclaimer, I'm not religious at all, but that's a pretty good line to live your life by.*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

You guys don't pick on him alright, it really does suck, my noa1 is only about a month ago but I'm dying when I hear about how maybe ill need to wait 10 months not 5 :( my fiancé can't get a visa here it's upsetting. I know I need too though :) some ppl react differently to others under stress. We're only human.

But is this really true? I heard about it was adding a few extra months..but now 5 more months?

Time to get reading! Oh huh what a time to file..

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Timeline

Nice post. Whether you agree with Obama and his immigration policies or not, it's not going to change anything in the OPs case. First line of the serenity prayer:

"God, grant me the sereneity to accept the things I can not change"

*Disclaimer, I'm not religious at all, but that's a pretty good line to live your life by.*

Look...we can agree on something! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You should be blaming the parents who came here illegally with their children in tow. Children who grew up here, went to school here, and are here by no fault of their own. These children want the opportunity to remain in the only place they know as home. Our government has a conscience...I find no fault in that. Obviously you don't know the first thing about this legislation. You are being selfish because it may take your case a month or 2 longer to get through USCIS, oh boohoo. Your case and check being lost has zero to do with Deferred Action.

I am going to assume your are serious in your comments..

There is no need to have been brought here to qualify for DACA. Also it seems that ages can be fudged, especially when you are by definition undocumented.

Nothing to do with conscience, a lot to do with votes.

:ot2:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”