KAL

K-1 denied :(

159 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry, to hear this. No judging I am so glad that you are not giving up.. I have been with my fiance know 3 times with in 13 months , very expensive, but even then no promise for success , just faith like you have. Remember faith without work is dead.. soo I'm hoping you a quick comeback and safe journey to Nigeria when you go, and all will be well.. :thumbs: we are close in location , Michigan and Indiana so lets keep each other lifted up!!

Peace,

Chi

Thank you and no we both said we will wait as long as it takes, but Im praying God will work it out soon. Yes it is very expensive I am saving for my trip as of now. Very true we have faith and we will continue to do the work required to bring us together. Thanks again and Im so excited about the trip. We can definitely keep in touch because we can never have too much prayer or encouragement. I will send you a message with my number.

an1cJZxFg000010ODA4OTgybHw3MzM2MDk0bGF8VGltZSBlbGFwc2VkIHNpbmNlIE5PQTEgOg.gif

Our Visa Journey

November 26, 2011........Sent I-129F

December 1, 2011..........Received NOA1

May 1, 2012....................Received RFE

July 5, 2012................ Petition Denied :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

sorry to hear this. Nothing is by Chance, God does everything for a reason. Alot of th people on VJ think its all the people that work at the consulates desicion, but in the end miracles happen everyday , and VJ has seen this day after day. Keep on going ! and God Bless

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

First off, did you even read the instuctions to the I-129F petition? It clearly states that one of the requirements is that you must have met (physically) at least once within the past 2 years. You should never have filed in the first place. They didn't even look at any evidence you sent them once they saw that you had never met. I can't imagine what kind of proof you sent in for somebody you've never met. Most of us who met our fiancees usually has sme worries about having enough proof, but never meeting?

Nigeria is one of the top fraud countries. I assume you are now aware of this fact and you would still attempt to bring over a person who you have never met? I know you believe all that "God knows best" stuff, but you are setting yourself up big time. You seem to be a perfect mark; somebody who seems to be somewhat naive and blindly accepts whatever happens. If this guy plays you, you will probably be here telling us how it was God's plan.

How did you meet? Who made the first contact?

What kind of work does he do? Have you seen any proof? (I will not give my opinion on what I think he does for a living; yes, it's a generalization, but lets be real)

What is the age difference between you two? Are you fairly close in age or is he much younger? If the latter, that should be a red flag for you.

I already know that nothing anybody here says will change your mind (most people have to learn the hard way), especially since you think God will protect you, but I hope you are not back here in a year teling us how you were used.

:thumbs: No one could've said it better. It is very unfortunate that genuinely kind people, such as the OP, end up being on the "victim end" of marriage scams. I really do hope she doesn't hit any of the red flags checklist; Well, she hasn't met his family, so there's one check.

age difference?

religion difference?

kids?

previous marriages?

above poverty line remuneration?

beneficiary friends and/or family live in the US?

ability to communicate in the same language?

Am I missing any other red flag?

To the OP: if any do have any of these red flags, you must then plan how to overcome them for the interview.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

First off, did you even read the instuctions to the I-129F petition? It clearly states that one of the requirements is that you must have met (physically) at least once within the past 2 years. You should never have filed in the first place. They didn't even look at any evidence you sent them once they saw that you had never met. I can't imagine what kind of proof you sent in for somebody you've never met. Most of us who met our fiancees usually has sme worries about having enough proof, but never meeting?

Nigeria is one of the top fraud countries. I assume you are now aware of this fact and you would still attempt to bring over a person who you have never met? I know you believe all that "God knows best" stuff, but you are setting yourself up big time. You seem to be a perfect mark; somebody who seems to be somewhat naive and blindly accepts whatever happens. If this guy plays you, you will probably be here telling us how it was God's plan.

What kind of work does he do? Have you seen any proof? (I will not give my opinion on what I think he does for a living; yes, it's a generalization, but lets be real)

What is the age difference between you two? Are you fairly close in age or is he much younger? If the latter, that should be a red flag for you.

I already know that nothing anybody here says will change your mind (most people have to learn the hard way), especially since you think God will protect you, but I hope you are not back here in a year teling us how you were used.

WELL SAID.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Yep, this thread reminds me of the one made by the 19 year old who wanted to move to South Africa or Nigeria alone with a guy she'd never met.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

"Are you fairly close in age or is he much younger?" what do you mean, buddy? I think it is a human right, "free to marry". When a man marries a young woman, it is not a big deal, this is not fair and it expresses pejudice againt women who they have the same right. Moreover, what is close in age for you? 3,4,5 years difference ?

Edited by karlo

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

"Are you fairly close in age or is he much younger?" what do you mean, buddy? I think it is a human right, "free to marry". When a man marries a young woman, it is not a big deal, this is not fair and it expresses pejudice againt women who they have the same right. Moreover, what is close in age for you? 3,4,5 years difference ?

He's merely pointing out that it's a gigantic red flag in some consulates if the USC is a much older woman, as unfair as that is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Also know that since a denial is on the books, you may have to go through extra efforts to prove your relationship is real.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:thumbs: No one could've said it better. It is very unfortunate that genuinely kind people, such as the OP, end up being on the "victim end" of marriage scams. I really do hope she doesn't hit any of the red flags checklist; Well, she hasn't met his family, so there's one check.

age difference?

religion difference?

kids?

previous marriages?

above poverty line remuneration?

beneficiary friends and/or family live in the US?

ability to communicate in the same language?

Am I missing any other red flag?

To the OP: if any do have any of these red flags, you must then plan how to overcome them for the interview.

Hi man, what if they have met in person and eventually meet the requirements of the USCIS, do such flags still be raised especailly age difference?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi man, what if they have met in person and eventually meet the requirements of the USCIS, do such flags still be raised especailly age difference?

Yes, absolutely. Meeting in person and being free to marry are minimum requirements for getting a petition approved. An approved petition is not a visa. It's just something that happens BEFORE the foreigner applies for a visa. The foreigner must then convince a consular officer the relationship is genuine. That's where the red flags come in.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I'm not only baffled, but confused in so many levels; I admit it. So, your pastor, not an immigration lawyer, gave you instructions on how to handle this incredibly frustrating AND expensive process. You have A LOT of reading to do... and that's just for a "reality check." Then go ahead and read about the process. Praying will not get you approved. Being obedient to the rules will.

Lagos is in the top 5 most fraudulent countries, regarding immigration. You must prove your "fiance" is well intentioned and your relationship is real.

Good luck!

:thumbs: I'm still scratching my head.....

No my pastor did not give me instructions, only felt that I shouldn't go over first because the bible says A man who finds a wife finds a good thing and recieves favor from the Lord. I was only being obedient. My fiance and I respect men and women of God. I beg to differ praying will get me approved whether you believe it or not. God gives us delays sometimes because at the time we want something it may not be time to receive it, He knows best, but does that mean I should stop praying and having faith when I do not get what I want when I want it. It doesn't work like that. God is an awesome God and He holds all the power and NOTHING is impossible with God. All the proof was there just not the face to face time, but like I said God knows best. Thank you we will be together soon by the grace of God.

Our Visa Journey

Timeline

Don't let a pastor advise you on immigration. Is this by chance a church with many Nigerian immigrants here? I'm thinking the pastor might somehow be trying to facilitate immigration fraud...

If I'm wrong, you're in for perhaps the most difficult US consulate to interview in the world, and this will likely be a very difficult process for you. You need to extensively prepare.

No my church does not have ANY Nigerian immigrants. Trying to facilitate immigration fraud?????

Our Visa Journey

Timeline

Prepare first, then go see him in Nigeria, then file a new petition. Maybe the pastor will reimburse you the wasted I-129F filing fee.

Thank you and that's what I am currently doing. Before I filed I knew nothing about VJ but now I do and I know everything is going to work out this time around. I will be travelling before December. Sounds nice but I doubt it.

Our Visa Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.