KAL

K-1 denied :(

159 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The K-1 was denied which I knew would be a possibility since we hadnt met physically. I already know some people may say how can you marry someone you never met. Like they say you just know when that particular person is THE ONE. Although we had a delay we know God will answer our prayers. We may not always understand the delays in life but we serve an AWESOME GOD who knows what is best for us and when its the best time for us to receive it. We were being obedient to my pastor who said let him come over first and we did the hardship waivers and medical records but to no avail. But this time Im going to Nigeria and I can only go by what God and his and my heart tells us to do. We still have faith and will continue to trust and believe God is going to bring us together. We will not give up on one another, I will continue to give God all the glory and praise.

Philippians 1:6

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

an1cJZxFg000010ODA4OTgybHw3MzM2MDk0bGF8VGltZSBlbGFwc2VkIHNpbmNlIE5PQTEgOg.gif

Our Visa Journey

November 26, 2011........Sent I-129F

December 1, 2011..........Received NOA1

May 1, 2012....................Received RFE

July 5, 2012................ Petition Denied :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I suggest that you do extensive reading here on VJ to learn what is expected at the Lagos embassy. Being unprepared leads to disappointment as you have seen first hand.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

I suggest that you do extensive reading here on VJ to learn what is expected at the Lagos embassy. Being unprepared leads to disappointment as you have seen first hand.

Yes that is very true and believe me I have already started. I didn't know anything about VJ before we filed, but thank God I found out about it.

Our Visa Journey

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The K-1 was denied which I knew would be a possibility since we hadnt met physically. I already know some people may say how can you marry someone you never met. Like they say you just know when that particular person is THE ONE. Although we had a delay we know God will answer our prayers. We may not always understand the delays in life but we serve an AWESOME GOD who knows what is best for us and when its the best time for us to receive it. We were being obedient to my pastor who said let him come over first and we did the hardship waivers and medical records but to no avail. But this time Im going to Nigeria and I can only go by what God and his and my heart tells us to do. We still have faith and will continue to trust and believe God is going to bring us together. We will not give up on one another, I will continue to give God all the glory and praise.

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Why was your pastor involved? is he familiar with matters regarding the immigration? While your going with God make sure you study everything so that you dont waste anymore money and stress.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So, it was the I-129F petition that was denied, and not the actual K-1 visa? Your timeline and signature suggest it was the petition denial and you have not even made it to the K-1 interview phase at Lagos yet. You were not denied the K-1, just denied the I-129F petition that would have allowed the foreign fiance to apply for a K-1 visa.

Sorry to here about your petition denial, but the USCIS is quite strict about the requirement to have met face-to-face within the 2 years prior to filing the I-129F.

Good luck to you both on your next leg of your journey: re-filing after you have your visit together in person.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Sorry, to hear this. No judging I am so glad that you are not giving up.. I have been with my fiance know 3 times with in 13 months , very expensive, but even then no promise for success , just faith like you have. Remember faith without work is dead.. soo I'm hoping you a quick comeback and safe journey to Nigeria when you go, and all will be well.. :thumbs: we are close in location , Michigan and Indiana so lets keep each other lifted up!!

Peace,

Chi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm not only baffled, but confused in so many levels; I admit it. So, your pastor, not an immigration lawyer, gave you instructions on how to handle this incredibly frustrating AND expensive process. You have A LOT of reading to do... and that's just for a "reality check." Then go ahead and read about the process. Praying will not get you approved. Being obedient to the rules will.

Lagos is in the top 5 most fraudulent countries, regarding immigration. You must prove your "fiance" is well intentioned and your relationship is real.

Good luck!

Why was your pastor involved? is he familiar with matters regarding the immigration? While your going with God make sure you study everything so that you dont waste anymore money and stress.

:thumbs: I'm still scratching my head.....

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Don't let a pastor advise you on immigration. Is this by chance a church with many Nigerian immigrants here? I'm thinking the pastor might somehow be trying to facilitate immigration fraud...

If I'm wrong, you're in for perhaps the most difficult US consulate to interview in the world, and this will likely be a very difficult process for you. You need to extensively prepare.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Don't let a pastor advise you on immigration. Is this by chance a church with many Nigerian immigrants here? I'm thinking the pastor might somehow be trying to facilitate immigration fraud...

If I'm wrong, you're in for perhaps the most difficult US consulate to interview in the world, and this will likely be a very difficult process for you. You need to extensively prepare.

Prepare first, then go see him in Nigeria, then file a new petition. Maybe the pastor will reimburse you the wasted I-129F filing fee.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Prepare first, then go see him in Nigeria, then file a new petition. Maybe the pastor will reimburse you the wasted I-129F filing fee.

Exactly my thoughts. I'd ask the pastor to reimburse my financial investments on the petition, not just the fee, but mailing, copies, etc.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

"The K-1 was denied which I knew would be a possibility since we hadnt met physically. "

Your K-1 was not denied, your petition was denied, and it was denied for this exact reason. The instructions for filing your I-129F clearly state that you MUST have met in person at least once in the past 2 years. It is not a suggestion it is a requirement!

"I already know some people may say how can you marry someone you never met. "

No judgement, many people meet only once and know they are with the correct person, BUT you have to meet and save proof of the meeting before you file again. (keep your plane ticket stubs, take some photos together)

I wish you the best. But you need to read read read and get your stuff together before you re-file. Good luck! And combine that strong faith with some correct information.

Edited by rayandmelissa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It wasn't just a possibility, coming from Nigeria, without meeting it was an absolute certainty that you would be denied, without having met. I agree, Nigeria is in the top fraud countries, and you'd better read read read, and prepare everything super well.

Also, and I don't mean to pry, but how can you know for sure you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, without even having MET them in person!

Timeline

My pastor was involved for spiritual guidance. Im a sponge right now soaking in all the info I can, but at the same time leaving it in God's hands. He knows best.

Best of luck on the next leg of this journey. Read, read, read...

Thank you and believe me I am.

So, it was the I-129F petition that was denied, and not the actual K-1 visa? Your timeline and signature suggest it was the petition denial and you have not even made it to the K-1 interview phase at Lagos yet. You were not denied the K-1, just denied the I-129F petition that would have allowed the foreign fiance to apply for a K-1 visa.

Sorry to here about your petition denial, but the USCIS is quite strict about the requirement to have met face-to-face within the 2 years prior to filing the I-129F.

Good luck to you both on your next leg of your journey: re-filing after you have your visit together in person.

Thanks and you are right my bad.

Our Visa Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.