KAL

K-1 denied :(

159 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I'm not making the connection between travel experience and being scammed. How does a person's lack of travel experience make them more susceptible to being scammed?

Perhaps if you think about how more travel and worldly experience would help one avoid being scammed, some light might start to shine. That said, it's just one of a number of factors that scammers look for.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I'm not making the connection between travel experience and being scammed. How does a person's lack of travel experience make them more susceptible to being scammed?

Pretty easy to spot the Americans who've never left the country. They're far more naive than their globe-trotting counterparts.

It's hard for someone who's been raised in America and never left its borders/been introduced to members of other cultures to understand the mindset behind scamming in Lagos and RUB, for example, and thus avoid it.

Lincoln, UK to Dallas, TX

K-1 Journey!

zwto8r27m.png

05/08/12 Sent package off
05/10/12 Package received by USCIS
05/14/12 NOA1 Received
05/15/12 Touch
11/08/12 NOA2 Received!!
11/29/12 Medical
11/29/12 Sent the forms and readiness for interview notice off
01/08/13 Forms finally processed, waiting for interview date
01/18/13 Received interview date letter
02/08/13 Interview
02/08/13 APPROVED!!!!!
02/15/13 Visa arrives
02/21/13 POE! ♥

AOS

06/19/13 Sent package off
06/24/13 Package received by USCIS
06/25/13 NOA1 Received
07/08/13 Biometrics
02/21/14 Approved!

ROC

12/15/15 Sent package off
12/21/15 NOA1 Received

01/14/16 Biometrics

05/25/16 Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Where did you get the assumption? Has anyone here said for a fact he IS scamming you? No. Do not read too much into the blunt, yet helpful advice. What most of us have done is warned you- and we've done it with facts. We've even listed the red flags for your convenience. We've posed questions for your benefit- none of them answered. Yes, they may be personal, but this is a personal journey- it just so happens to be a legal one.

Now, have some of us deemed you a "victim in the making"? Yes, because you already are. After all, you sent a petition without meeting the requirements thanks to a pastor's advice. So, yes, that makes you a victim of someone's bad advice. I would be asking him/her for the money you lost. Granted, now you're educating yourself to prevent being victimized. Good for you and keep it up.

Good luck.

Not in so many words but that is what some implied. Dont get me wrong I appreciate the help with facts, tips and possible red flags, but saying I will be back in a year saying how I was used was not necessary. I will continue to read more and more info and thank you

an1cJZxFg000010ODA4OTgybHw3MzM2MDk0bGF8VGltZSBlbGFwc2VkIHNpbmNlIE5PQTEgOg.gif

Our Visa Journey

November 26, 2011........Sent I-129F

December 1, 2011..........Received NOA1

May 1, 2012....................Received RFE

July 5, 2012................ Petition Denied :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why do you think God wants him to move to the US? Perhaps he wants you to be the one to move?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Pretty easy to spot the Americans who've never left the country. They're far more naive than their globe-trotting counterparts.

It's hard for someone who's been raised in America and never left its borders/been introduced to members of other cultures to understand the mindset behind scamming in Lagos and RUB, for example, and thus avoid it.

If they've never left the country, then where would they be spotted? If a person is naive, then they are naive, they can be scammed anywhere. In my opinion, (which is just my opinion), whether or not they have prior travel experience does not play a role in how easily a person can be scammed. I would think that the country the intending immigrant is from would weigh far more heavily than the petitioners prior travel experience.

Timeline

If they've never left the country, then where would they be spotted? If a person is naive, then they are naive, they can be scammed anywhere. In my opinion, (which is just my opinion), whether or not they have prior travel experience does not play a role in how easily a person can be scammed. I would think that the country the intending immigrant is from would weigh far more heavily than the petitioners prior travel experience.

They both have weight. YOUR naivety is showing now. That you do not see, does not mean it's not there to BE seen. By itself, the lack of prior international travel experience is a very small issue. There are usually other issues, which when combined, become more weighty.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is all part of the picture.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

They both have weight. YOUR naivety is showing now. That you do not see, does not mean it's not there to BE seen. By itself, the lack of prior international travel experience is a very small issue. There are usually other issues, which when combined, become more weighty.

Thank you, that's all I was saying.

Timeline

Thank you, that's all I was saying.

But it isn't what you said. You said you didn't see it, not that it was small. Perhaps you misunderstand the meaning of "red flag". Red flags bring extra scrutiny to the whole case.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

But it isn't what you said. You said you didn't see it, not that it was small. Perhaps you misunderstand the meaning of "red flag". Red flags bring extra scrutiny to the whole case.

I originally asked for clarification on the issue, which I have received. I personally don't see the connection, and don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see how some might. You clarified it by stating it was a very small part by itself, but when combined with other issues, it could cause further scrutiny. That much, I can agree with.

Timeline

I originally asked for clarification on the issue, which I have received. I personally don't see the connection, and don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see how some might. You clarified it by stating it was a very small part by itself, but when combined with other issues, it could cause further scrutiny. That much, I can agree with.

The only "eyes" that matter in this circumstance are the eyes of a Consular Officer. They "see it" quite well.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

It's all in the perspective you put it in, if you have never been overseas or even travelled within the lower 48, you might be more subsectible to a scam in the broadest sense of the word.

I've spent 12 years being stationed overseas, 3 years in Germany, 3 in Sicily, 3 in Belgium, and the last 3 in Japan. Being on a ship in Japan, we hit several different ports in a lot of different countries, you could tell the rookies from the vets by where they went to hang out, how they interacted with the locals, and how they reacted to certain situations. It's like going to a bar in the PI, we had a guy fresh from the states, 22 years old never been overseas before. We had to drag him out by his britches since a bar girl had him thinknig he was "the one." If you've travelled enough, you tend to know where to and not to go, and what not. But common sense goes a long way, listen to your gut, it's never wrong.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Perhaps if you think about how more travel and worldly experience would help one avoid being scammed, some light might start to shine. That said, it's just one of a number of factors that scammers look for.

In the Philippines, an American will be spotted a mile away. If an American has never been there before, the ones that are looking to take advantage of the opportunity will see it.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

It's kind of like Sarah Palin, who had never travelled anywhere, thinking that she had a special relationship with Russia because it was next to Alaska and that that constituted solid and relevant experience for diplomatic relations.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.