53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you all (well most of you) for your support as I am preparing all avenues for our interview tomorrow. It has been an emotional roller coaster and I am nervous. As I read some stories of interviews I feel I can rely on the truth and the interviewers sound trained to detect acts of deception. I have always had such a strong faith in people and find it hard to believe people can be so deceptive but I understand some people need to fight to better their lives.

I do have a question about the AOS. As some have stated to write a letter to withdraw my I-864 (which I have written and am prepared to hand over if needed) I am confussed. I could not find a copy of an I-864 in my papers. I did find other AOS forms I-134 & I-485. So my question is I did write a letter to withdraw my I-864 but at this stage have I submitted the correct AOS or still need a I-864?

Thank you all for showing some compassion and understanding in my time of need. I certainly wouldn't wish a deceit of the heart on any human being..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you all (well most of you) for your support as I am preparing all avenues for our interview tomorrow. It has been an emotional roller coaster and I am nervous. As I read some stories of interviews I feel I can rely on the truth and the interviewers sound trained to detect acts of deception. I have always had such a strong faith in people and find it hard to believe people can be so deceptive but I understand some people need to fight to better their lives.

I do have a question about the AOS. As some have stated to write a letter to withdraw my I-864 (which I have written and am prepared to hand over if needed) I am confussed. I could not find a copy of an I-864 in my papers. I did find other AOS forms I-134 & I-485. So my question is I did write a letter to withdraw my I-864 but at this stage have I submitted the correct AOS or still need a I-864?

Thank you all for showing some compassion and understanding in my time of need. I certainly wouldn't wish a deceit of the heart on any human being..

I-864 is your Affidavit of Support and it should have been submitted with the AOS package. If you didn't, I am sure you would have gotten an RFE for it. Is it possible you just don't have a copy of it but have submitted it?

I wish you all the best for the interview tomorrow. It might be really hard for you to do but I would def. make use of the withdrawl letter you prepared. Sure, you could hope that the interviewer will see that something is wrong and just deny her Greencard and you don't have to do anything but filefor diveorce and not look like the bad guy, but what if he/she doesn't and your wifes GC gets approved? You would be stuck with the I-864 for a very, very long time.

Please protect yourself first! It might be so hard to go through with this but you will be happier in the long run. Get out of this now, before it is really to late.

Best wishes!!!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I-864 is your Affidavit of Support and it should have been submitted with the AOS package. If you didn't, I am sure you would have gotten an RFE for it. Is it possible you just don't have a copy of it but have submitted it?

I wish you all the best for the interview tomorrow. It might be really hard for you to do but I would def. make use of the withdrawl letter you prepared. Sure, you could hope that the interviewer will see that something is wrong and just deny her Greencard and you don't have to do anything but filefor diveorce and not look like the bad guy, but what if he/she doesn't and your wifes GC gets approved? You would be stuck with the I-864 for a very, very long time.

Please protect yourself first! It might be so hard to go through with this but you will be happier in the long run. Get out of this now, before it is really to late.

Best wishes!!!

Thank you very much. I didn't think I would have gotten this far without the proper AOS on file. Especially since I'm on disability for my condition, I remember having to come up with all kinds of supporting documents in regards to disability income. Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
It might be so hard to go through with this but you will be happier in the long run. Get out of this now, before it is really to late.
Agreed, si man. Your sticking to principle and withdrawing the I-864 strikes a blow on behalf of all who have been defrauded. Good luck, si man -- and report back here, please. Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sorry if I am misunderstanding this...but as far as I know, divorce does not get you out of the affidavit of support. This is a contract between you and the government. The only way to get out of this is if she were to die or were to move back to her country. Also, the contract is over after she works 40 quarters, approx 10 yrs. Am I wrong here?

-Blu-

ya, yer missing the 'engagement of the contract bit'.

The contract is 'enacted' the day that LPR status is granted.

For a K-1 visa holder, filing an Adjustment of Status Case, that status is not granted until the USCIS says it is. For many, this is the day of the interview. For many others, this is some time AFTER the interview, as there is yet another review by the USCIS office prior to approving the application for LPR status.

So, anytime from sending off the I-485 packet (the I-864 inside of that mailer) to Interview day - is a great timespan, and the I-864, the affadavit of support, can be withdrawn prior to interview day.

Withdrawing it on interview day is also possible.

Withdrawing it after interview day, prior to LPR status being granted, is also possible.

Withdrawing after LPR status is granted, alas, is not possible.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I am wondering how todays interview went...

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Any news here?I wonder what happened!

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Doesn't sound like a healthy relationship, if she has changed after you met her then it's time to get out especially if she's asking you for more money. Of course being married it's common to help each other out and what not, my wife is not like that, we share both of our finances and nothing has changed since she has been here, we live our life just like when I visited her in Colombia. Church does help, I take my wife to church whenever I can and it helps us but don't let her drag you along for the ride, you will end up getting hurt much worse than you already are.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Is anyone still out there? You were all right.. I wanted to believe so much that someone couldn't do this to my heart. Two days after she got her card she was gone.. I feel like such a fool for not listening but I wanted to believe that love couln't be that way.. I feel like such a failure.. Does anyone want to talk to me? I am more lost now than ever...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Take whatever proof you have of her actions and turn it over to ICE , report her behavior. Change the locks, replace all your charge cards, same with the bank account. Put any evidence of fraud in a box and put it out of the way in the back of the closet. Anything else have a fire and burn the witch in absentia.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Is anyone still out there? You were all right.. I wanted to believe so much that someone couldn't do this to my heart. Two days after she got her card she was gone.. I feel like such a fool for not listening but I wanted to believe that love couln't be that way.. I feel like such a failure.. Does anyone want to talk to me? I am more lost now than ever...

I'm confused. Many people in this thread advised you to withdraw the affidavit of support at the interview. You didn't do that, did you? :unsure:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry this happened to you. There were lots of red flags in your story. People here gave you good advises and you should have protected yourself ahead. I know it is hard for you as I can feel you truly have a good heart and I understand if we are in love we normally follow our hearts not minds. That is why posting in VJ most of times are helpful because you get to see or hear another views and much more realities -- normally we already knew it but when we truly love we become blind and deaf of what we see and hear. So learn and be strong and act what is best for you! Learn to listen to your gut and beware of red flags. I wish you recover from this pain and hopefully the experience would even make you a better and wise person. God bless!

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.