Hy Vong

Stock And The Engagement Ring

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

but he's checking twice a day for the NOA2 and counting down the days, that's gotta be good for something. if he checks the site 4x/day maybe he'll get it by the end of june :thumbs:

Haha, if that would work, I would have had my NOA2 by, oh, March? I've been checking an embarrassing number of times every day since I submitted it. If only...

Edited by afoyoswa

Joy (& Aaron, who doesn't read/post here yet)

Dec. 27, 2010: First met each other in Entebbe, Uganda while I was visiting my friend/his cousin (12/27/10 - 1/10/11) (visited again Jul. 2-9, 2011 and Dec. 24, 2011 - Jan. 9, 2012; engaged 1/7/12)

K-1

Feb. 18, 2012: I-129F sent (delivered 2/21 per USPS & USCIS; NOA1 notice date 2/23/12; check cashed/email/text 2/24)

Aug. 9, 2012: NOA2!!! [NOA1 +168 days] (reached NVC 8/17, left NVC 8/20; @embassy 8/24; embassy confirmed receipt 9/5)

Oct. 24 - Nov. 8, 2012: I visited again (Nairobi: medical 10/31; interview 11/5 [NOA1 +256 days]; result--APPROVED!!!!!!!)

Nov. 15, 2012: Visa in hand (was ready for retrieval 11/12/12)

Nov. 20, 2012: POE, Boston!!! (legal marriage 12/12/12; family/friends wedding ceremony 1/12/13) (276 days)

AOS/EAD/AP

Feb. 4, 2013: AOS packet sent (delivered 2/6, NOA1 text/email & check cashed 2/11 midnight)

Feb. 11, 2013: NOA1 notice date for I-485, EAD, AP (I-485/EAD NOA1 hard copies & biometrics appt letter arrived 2/16, badly mangled AP NOA1 arrived 2/27; biometrics done 3/4/13)

Apr. 3, 2013: EAD & AP approved (received card 4/11)

Aug. 16, 2013: I-485 approved & green card production ordered!!!! (card arrived 8/26/13) (193 days)

ROC

2015 sometime? I've slept since then.

Naturalization

Dec. 20, 2019: N-400 submitted online (Boston, MA field office)

Jan. 9, 2020: Biometrics

Feb. 4, 2020: updated wait time = 4 months (estimated case completion June 2020)

Aug. 7, 2020: interview scheduled (!), but no idea when

Sept. 16, 2020: interview, Boston (approved)

Sept. 24, 2020: oath ceremony, Boston---DONE!!! (279 days from submission)

230Hm5.pngxrcBm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Please explain your logic.

I'm going to clean out our saving and hit up the black jack table! I'm speculating I should make at least %50 by the end of the night, and if everything goes to plan I'm planning on taking the wifey on a month long cruise!

If not I guess we can always live on ramen noodles.

This is so b/c a majority of us don't post up the things we do for our significant other like we got something to prove, this is not high school.

I'm going to "gamble" with this money, if I win she gets a ring <------------ not sweet!!!

I was going to buy some toy, but I'm gonna buy her a ring instead <---------sweet!

I appreciate OP's intension, but I think he's doing it wrong.

Don't be condescending, I was being facetious. Excuse me if my reply wasn't up to your standards. This is an open forum and you don't like what people say there is no need to be so rude. Just because you don't agree with his investments does not mean that he sits at a black jack table and lays down his life savings. If anyone acts like this is high school it is you my "friend". Were you a bully back then as well? Does sitting behind a computer insulting the OP's intelligence make you feel like a man? I often wonder why people sit behind a keyboard and think it's OK to be so demeaning to virtual strangers. It's his money to invest, it isn't as though it's you have anything to lose. If his fiance gets a ring out of it, that's great. If his investment doesn't work out in time for the NOA2 he just has to sit on it until it does.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I just hope you put in a stop loss order on this.

BAC may go up. It may go down. Who the hell knows. I made some money off BAC a few years ago so I won't doubt them, but I do see another economic downturn possibly coming again. That's what I would speculate though and I'm not any better of a trader than you are, so take your chances and I hope you make the money you're seeking.

But just play it smart - put in stop loss order so that you don't lose a bunch of what you started out with. If you're that confident that the stock is going to continue to go up, your stop loss will never be executed.

(From a guy who lost about $15K in 2008......What I wouldn't give to have that money back....I didn't go in with good execution plans of my transactions...I didn't limit my risk with stop orders.....I was naive....Don't make the same mistakes I did.)

Edited by scott76

K1 Process -

1/30/12 - I-129F sent

2/2/12 - NOA1 Received (CSC)

2/3/12 - Visa App Fee Check Cashed

6/18/12 - NOA2 Email Received at 9PM MST

6/22/12 - NOA2 Letter Received in Mail

7/11/12 - NVC Received

7/13/12 - NVC Sent Case to Moldova Embassy

7/18/12 - Packet 3 dropped off to Embassy

7/19/12 - Packet 3 & 4 Instructions Received from Embassy

7/23/12 - Medical Exam Passed

7/27/12 - Interview

8/4/12 - POE Denver, CO

9/14/12 - Wedding #1 (Denver Courthouse)

9/17/12 - AOS/EAD sent

9/19/12 - AOS/EAD NOA1

10/23/12 - Biometrics

1/16/23 - AOS Interview

6/15/13 - Wedding #2 (Colorado)

6/22/13 - Wedding #3 (Moldova)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Awwwww so sweet... hope everything goes ok and u rise the money

»-(¯'v'¯)-»Lisel & Javier »-(¯'v'¯)-»

K-1 TIMELINE

I - 129F SENT .................. 01/26/2012

I - 129F DELIVERED ...........01/30/2012
NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL ............02/04/2012 (01:45 AM)
NOA1 LETTER .....................02/06/2012
TOUCH ...............................02/10/2012
RFE TEXT/EMAIL ..................02/29/2012 (11:45 AM)
RFE LETTER ..........................03/02/2012
RFE SENT ..............................03/06/2012
RFE DELIVERED .....................03/07/2012
TOUCHED ( RFE) ....................03/08/2012 ( 10:33 AM)
NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL ..................03/27/2012 (04:15 PM)
NOA2 LETTER .........................03/30/2012
NVC RECIEVED ( CASE #) ...........04/05/2012
MEDICAL EXAM .........................04/24/2012
PICK UP MEDICAL EXAM..............05/24/2012
INTERVIEW DAY ..........................07/12/2012
VISA ON HAND ............................07/19/2012
REQUEST FOR CARTA BLANCA .......07/24/2012
CARTA BLANCA ON HAND .............08/17/2012
ARRIVAL ........................................08/28/2012
TOTAL ........................................... 7 MONTHS

AoS/EAD/AP/timeline:
I-485 SENT ....................11/16/2012
NOA-1 TEXT/EMAIL ..............11/23/2012 (9:55 AM)
NOA-1 LETTER ..................11/26/2012
BIOMETRICS LETTER .............12/01/2012
BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT ........12/24/2012
TOUCH (RFE) ...................12/06/2012
RFE LETTER ...................12/08/2012
TOUCH(RFE).....................12/28/2012
EAD/AP NOA-2 Email Aproval ....02/02/2013
EAD/AP ARRIVED ................02/15/2013

I-485 Interview ............01/21/2014

Approval Notice Text/Email..01/21/2014

Card Production..............01/22/2014

Card Sent ..................01/24/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi JonnieK,

Thanks for the response but I think you are gambling as well? Do you work and do you put some of your income into 401K, retirement plans? I even think the money that we're putting into our checking or saving accounts are gambling also because of the continuously changing of inflation and other factors.

I won't give you all the reasons why I am doing this for BAC and not other stocks, but I have my ways that I believe I'll make between $1000-$1500 from now til the end of July that's when I get My NOA2 from investing in BAC. It doesn't matter which way the market goes for BAC, my goal is to make the money, a little bit at at time each week and I expect BAC will be around $8.50 by the end of July and if that the case, I might not even be with BAC anymore because I might have made enough for the Engagement Ring before it reaches $8.50. I am doing this is for the meaning of the ring and I really like it. It is not because I need the money to get the ring that I gamble with BAC stock.

In theory, I made $190 today from buying 1000 shares at $7.47 a share and it closed at $7.66 today.

I also expect BAC stock will have a big change in price on next Monday morning. My plan is to make my first sell of BAC sometimes next week to make the first actual profit.

So,,the money in my checking account is at risk?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Don't be condescending, I was being facetious. Excuse me if my reply wasn't up to your standards. This is an open forum and you don't like what people say there is no need to be so rude. Just because you don't agree with his investments does not mean that he sits at a black jack table and lays down his life savings. If anyone acts like this is high school it is you my "friend". Were you a bully back then as well? Does sitting behind a computer insulting the OP's intelligence make you feel like a man? I often wonder why people sit behind a keyboard and think it's OK to be so demeaning to virtual strangers. It's his money to invest, it isn't as though it's you have anything to lose. If his fiance gets a ring out of it, that's great. If his investment doesn't work out in time for the NOA2 he just has to sit on it until it does.

I was just asking for a logic to your reply and you already get all worked up, I apologize for that. Sorry to disappoint you but if I've heard this in real life I would have reacted/said the very same thing, I just don't sit behind a screen and do it.

Take it however you may, but the idea of wether OP's wife gets a ring or not depending on the outcome of a stock investment is a bit twisted to say the least.

You are all taking about losses or gains here. I played that route already in 2001, guess what. I went from being retired in age of 22 (I lost over 2 millions) back to working, making a living, and support my family. I made a killing but I was naive, and thought, "oh I am in a good shape." But nope, the only good thing I got out of it is to get my investment back. Yes I didn't loose, the money I invested, but I lost my profit.

I only wish a good luck to OP. All our life is a gamble, we are waking up, going to work and even it is gamble. But you have to take calculated risks, and as long you as you can make couple hundreat bucks here and there it is calculated, and can only work in favor.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its what it stands for (the ring) not how much it costs.... as far as your trading....:blink: good luck with that.........

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

thre weeks ago millions of people brough face book for 38 dollars a share thinking there going to make a killing did not happen the stock to day is 27.00. the bank of america stock is the same for the last three years from the bank bailout.good luck to you.

And back in the 90's Apple sold for $ 4.25 a share... It is almost as though the Stock Market can be unpredictable..

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

The only problem with this is that he was right about everything he wrote.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I remember buying my wife's rings. It was very exciting but very expensive. It's worth it though. It's something she'll have for the rest of her life that's precious to her.

I won't go into detail about how much I spent on my wife's ring set (engagement and wedding ring), but I'll tell you, I worked VERY hard to get it!

Good luck! I hope you make the money you're hoping to make!

Personally, I would buy the ring first, and then try to make the money back. The wife's happiness is more important than a quick buck. Plus there is the risk of losing that money in a possible recession (many people are concerned right now about consumer spending and how low it's been over the past 2 months). It seems you have enough money for what you're looking for. If you're right, then you won't be out any money, but the ring symbolizes the sacrifices that a man is willing to make to pledge himself to the one he loves anyways.

Essentially, you're putting your future spouse's ring up as collateral for a stock bet. I wouldn't do that, but to each their own.

Do with this advice whatever you will. I truly do hope consumer spending picks up and you don't suffer any losses. I wouldn't wish ill on anyone with good intentions.

God bless.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

PS - the apple tree idea is REALLY cool! :thumbs:

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks all.

I will sell BAC stock today when or if it hits between $7.77-$7.80 on the rising edge to make profit of $300 since I bought yesterday. I will set sell at $7.67 to make profit of $200 on the falling edge.

I will then buy it again when it drops later today after the hours or wait til early Monday morning.

About the Greek election, I believe that New Democracy will win the election, that party will support the bailout for the Greek banks from the international banks.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

BAC stock went to a whooping 24 cents today per share. I was gonna sell all my shares at $7.80 but the momentum of buying was high so I holded, it then went up another $0.10 cents a share to end the day at $7.90 a share.

So far I made $430 since I purchased yesterday at $7.47, almost half way to my goal of buying a ring for my fiancee.

Next Monday will be a day to see if BAC will continue to move up above $8 or back down town $7.50. Then on Wednesday the 20th is the day too see the real BAC price through out the month of July.

post-130118-0-82422300-1339793864_thumb.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.