Hy Vong

Stock And The Engagement Ring

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just bought 1000 shares of Bank of America stock symbol BAC at $7.47 a share.

I expect this stock will go up to between $8.50 to $9.00 by the end of July. And I expect to make between $1000-$1500 by that time, the same time I receive NOA2 and I will buy an engagement ring for my fiancee.

I expect this stock will go up to between $8.50 to $9.00 by the end of July. And I expect to make between $1000-$1500 by that time, the same time I receive NOA2 and I will buy an engagement ring for my fiancee.

Way to go Bro :thumbs: . If BAC going down less than $7.47, Then no engagement ring for her... :rofl: J/K

Good luck. Buy More Win More... :bonk:

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Timeline

I strongly believe that BAC will go up above $8:50 by the end of July. I also believe that there will be time where it goes up and goes down between now and the end of July and I won't just hold on to it til I reach my goal of $8.50 a share. I will sell and buy back when I see how the market is performing and what info I can get out of BAC.

I bought 1000 shares at $7.47 today, so every penny it goes up I will make $10, or lose $10 if every penny goes down. But I won't actually lose it, if it goes down today or tomorrow, I will just hold on to it til it goes back up. I really believe that BAC is undervalue at the moment and it should go up.

Edited by Hy Vong

Timeline

Another Stock that I strongly strongly believe I can make some money from it. But not from buying it, but from shorting it. This stock is BioFuel Energy Corp sybom BIOF. This company will go bankrupt within months and be delisted from the NYSE. However, I am not shorting this stock currently at $0.24 cents a share, this thing will go to around $0.15 cents a share by the end of this month. So if I were to short this stock at $0.24 now and when it goes down to and get delisted from NYSE, I can buy back to cover and make a few hundred dollars. I am thinking about it but might not do it because I probably just gonna make a few hundred dollars.

Timeline

Hopefully my investment into BAC stock while waiting for the NOA2 will be very meaningful to my fiancee and for me because everyday I'll think of her, everyday I'll look at the stock and searching for a nice engagement ring for her on my next trip to Vietnam. If BAC goes up and I make enough money from profit and use this profit to buy that ring for her then it will be something very interesting to remember later on and to tell her the story of this ring that I bought for her.

1k for the ring? she must have small hand to make everything looks big..... :innocent:

you must know something about this stock. With the current market and European crisis, it's hard to tell what's going to happen for the next few months. I guess, more power to you if you can see a 10% rate of return.

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-15

NVC Received : 2012-06-22

NVC Left : 2012-06-28

Consulate Received : 2012-07-02

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-07-04

Consulate Received pkg 3: 2012-07-06

Timeline

$1K for this engagement ring is just to represent my love for her, this is not a wedding ring. I know she'll be really happy and will love the ring because it means so much to her that am thinking of her.

I hope my prediction about BAC is correct in 1.5 month from now because that is when I get my NOA2 and heading for Vietnam to see her. I know the European crisis and all these financial difficulties going on in the U.S. but you guys can sit here and watch how my prediction turns out in a month and a half and I would like it to see it happens the same time I receive my NOA2.

Edited by Hy Vong

Filed: Timeline

$1K for this engagement ring is just to represent my love for her, this is not a wedding ring. I know she'll be really happy and will love the ring because it means so much to her that am thinking of her.

I hope my prediction about BAC is correct in 1.5 month from now because that is when I get my NOA2 and heading for Vietnam to see her. I know the European crisis and all these financial difficulties going on in the U.S. but you guys can sit here and watch how my prediction turns out in a month and a half and I would like it to see it happens the same time I receive my NOA2.

So you will buy and sell daily on dips in the price? What about transaction costs? BAC is incredibly volatile right now, which suggests there is no good consensus as to how it will perform in the short-term. I don't have any problem with speculation if people understand what they are doing...I am not sure though that I'd pick BAC...except to short it.

So you will buy and sell daily on dips in the price? What about transaction costs? BAC is incredibly volatile right now, which suggests there is no good consensus as to how it will perform in the short-term. I don't have any problem with speculation if people understand what they are doing...I am not sure though that I'd pick BAC...except to short it.

He's not a day trayder. He's just going to sit on it and hope that it'll give a good return in 2-3 months.

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-15

NVC Received : 2012-06-22

NVC Left : 2012-06-28

Consulate Received : 2012-07-02

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-07-04

Consulate Received pkg 3: 2012-07-06

Timeline

Because I am not a day-trader and because BAC is very volatile recently that is why my goal is to make money in short term. I won't trade daily by selling and buying, my goal is to sell and re-buy once a week, i can make $200-$400 a week from this market with BAC. The transaction fees will be less than $20 a week and that has already been subtracted from the profit that I make each time.

Filed: Timeline

OP,

Thanks for sharing with us about your investing experience and lifestyle. Although your info provided here is limited, but I can infer (from what you offered so far) the following 2 things:

1) You're a gambler, an inexperienced one, since the stock market is heading into the summer, which is well known as slumber time (stocks historically tend NOT to perform well during summer times)

2) The market is at historic high and with the instability in the Euro zone (due to banking problems), it seems quite "smart" to gamble your money with a banking sector stock!!!!!

Thanks for sharing again. I hope your wife/g/f in VN still not aware of this situation. Some women might not take bad financial decision(s) well.

PS. I sincerely hope once she gets here to live with you, you would consider changing your investment (or shall I call it, speculating) behavior. Bad financial moves will and can destroy marriages in a blink.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

May BAC reach $ 11.00 a share in that case! An engagement ring will set you back much more than $ 1,500!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

OP,

Thanks for sharing with us about your investing experience and lifestyle. Although your info provided here is limited, but I can infer (from what you offered so far) the following 2 things:

1) You're a gambler, an inexperienced one, since the stock market is heading into the summer, which is well known as slumber time (stocks historically tend NOT to perform well during summer times)

2) The market is at historic high and with the instability in the Euro zone (due to banking problems), it seems quite "smart" to gamble your money with a banking sector stock!!!!!

Thanks for sharing again. I hope your wife/g/f in VN still not aware of this situation. Some women might not take bad financial decision(s) well.

PS. I sincerely hope once she gets here to live with you, you would consider changing your investment (or shall I call it, speculating) behavior. Bad financial moves will and can destroy marriages in a blink.

Hi JonnieK,

Thanks for the response but I think you are gambling as well? Do you work and do you put some of your income into 401K, retirement plans? I even think the money that we're putting into our checking or saving accounts are gambling also because of the continuously changing of inflation and other factors.

I won't give you all the reasons why I am doing this for BAC and not other stocks, but I have my ways that I believe I'll make between $1000-$1500 from now til the end of July that's when I get My NOA2 from investing in BAC. It doesn't matter which way the market goes for BAC, my goal is to make the money, a little bit at at time each week and I expect BAC will be around $8.50 by the end of July and if that the case, I might not even be with BAC anymore because I might have made enough for the Engagement Ring before it reaches $8.50. I am doing this is for the meaning of the ring and I really like it. It is not because I need the money to get the ring that I gamble with BAC stock.

In theory, I made $190 today from buying 1000 shares at $7.47 a share and it closed at $7.66 today.

I also expect BAC stock will have a big change in price on next Monday morning. My plan is to make my first sell of BAC sometimes next week to make the first actual profit.

post-130118-0-58339100-1339704640_thumb.png

Edited by Hy Vong

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.