dwheels76

My Immigration Letter to the President

92 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

What planet do you live on? The same one you're on. I can move to my husband's country today. The issue I brought up was how LONG it would take to acquire citizenship in other countries. Based on some that I researched ( I haven't researched every country in the world and never claimed to) I found that the waiting process is generally longer and have different restrictions. Before we were married, I could go for a period of time, apply to stay, and never leave. Or not leave until I was ready. People do it in record numbers and it is relatively easy for young folks without jobs to do. No biggie. Incidentally, I cannot work without citizenship where my husband is and I would have to wait 7 yrs to even apply. Not everywhere is the same as your husband's country.

People are not generally punished there for entering the country (or even just TRYING) to enter the country legally.

I have every right to criticize our system. It is punative to those that do what is asked and lax with those who flaunt thir refusal to even TRY to follow the law. Our president's talk that suggests forgiveness for those who blantantly break the law while ignoring all the ones who are taxpaying voters absolutely puzzles me.

A also agree that no one should be allowed to adjust status from tourist or temporary worker EVER. If I, personally went to another city and married, you can be danged sure I'd return to my own home to collect my belongings and resolve my family and business situations as well as my responsibilities. If someone was an honest tourist or temp worker, they would need to return home for the same reason. That is a great time to file and follow the same process.

There is an effort to do away with the K-1 visa. Personally, after reading up on it, I agree fully. We used this because it was a toss-up and this seemed only marginally easier for us. For legitimate couples, I expect the decision is about equal. There are so many victims of fraud associated with that and it is heartbreaking. (I used to date a guy who had suffered because of that--once he got here, the sweet woman who was his childhood friend in Iran demanded a 70,000 pay-off or she'd turn him in for fraud. He refused and she called homeland security on him stating that he was a terrorist and abusing her. Yeah. He found out later that he was not her first "fiance". He spent more than the cost of a modest house in legal fees.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

There seems to be a confusion about visas versus living in the country versus official residency versus citizenship versus even a simple visit.

I have no issues with any country that requires a lengthy process to become a citizen. I just wanted to be able to be with my loved one. The process is crummy but having to deal with this stress would be not heart-rending if we can be together throughout it.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Curios what u would get when u would send that letter to the mitt romney campaign lol heheheh...my bet is nothing positive at all lol ..

Visa Journey:

K1:

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: 10-13-2010

I-129F NOA1: 10-18-2010

I-129F NOA2: 04-05-2011

Consulate Received: 04-15-2011

Packet 3 Received: 04-29-2011

Packet 3 Sent: 04-30-2011

Packet 4 Received: 05-07-2011

Interview Date: 06-07-2011

Interview Result: Visa was on hold

Second Interview: Approved

Visa Received: 01-20-2012

ENTRY: 02-12-2012

Married: 03-26-2012

AOS 04-19-2012

Email notification 04-26-2012

NOA1 send : 04-24-2012

Biometric send: 04-27-2012

Biometric appt: 05-18-2012

AOS transfer to CSC: 05-24-2012

EAD/AD approved&send: 06-22-2012

EAD/AD arrived: 06-28-2012

e4nrdek1wws.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I agree no one on a visitor visa or work visa should ever be allowed to adjust status. You can't tell me these people who come and marry while here on a visitor visa didn't know they weren't planning to marry long before they hit US soil. They should have to return to their home country and go thru the visa process and wait like the rest of us do. People who blatantly commit fraud like this should be banned. Just like people who come here on a k-1 and don't marry within the 90 days. Then stay with no status and either remain here illegally or marry someone else in the future(not the petitioner for the 129) and then adjust status with the new spouse. The system is broken and it makes me angry that the rest of us have to jump through hoops, while these people lie to get here. headbonk.gif

Filed: Timeline

I agree no one on a visitor visa or work visa should ever be allowed to adjust status. You can't tell me these people who come and marry while here on a visitor visa didn't know they weren't planning to marry long before they hit US soil. They should have to return to their home country and go thru the visa process and wait like the rest of us do. People who blatantly commit fraud like this should be banned. Just like people who come here on a k-1 and don't marry within the 90 days. Then stay with no status and either remain here illegally or marry someone else in the future(not the petitioner for the 129) and then adjust status with the new spouse. The system is broken and it makes me angry that the rest of us have to jump through hoops, while these people lie to get here. headbonk.gif

But some people spend several years on a work or student visa getting to know someone before they decide they want to adjust status and stay. What should they do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

You got that right! Those are the people that make it longer for the rest of us! You have an excellent point. I don't know why they don't make it impossible for that to happen in the first place? Seems it would be a wise allocation of resources to stop that in it's tracks so that train doesn't keep chugging down the road and holding us all up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

But some people spend several years on a work or student visa getting to know someone before they decide they want to adjust status and stay. What should they do?

The student I can see...and understand...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Takes about a month to get a UK PR type Visa, you can do it quicker if you are in a rush.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Curios what u would get when u would send that letter to the mitt romney campaign lol heheheh...my bet is nothing positive at all lol ..

good point I am on it. if i get anything else i will post back here.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Sadly i feel they just don't care , no matter who is elected no one seems to care about immigration, or immigration reform in any way to help our own citizens

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

dwheels76: Regardless of the reply from Mr. President's office, well done.

It may not have made any difference but at least you tried and did your part. It always takes first drop of water to jump of the clouds and then others follow to make it rain.

Now, coming back to letter response, I see Business in the underlines.

Business visa with $100000 - $150000 investment in any U.S. approved project = A visa in your hands within 2 months with all so called background checks done.

Business visa with $500000 investment in any U.S. approved project = A visa in your hands within 2 months (Not only visa but a Green Card).

In a nutshell, it is all about money and unfortunately, people like us don't have the loads of money to push through the 5 months just to look into a petition, 2 months in NVC and embassy till interview and then God knows how long in AP.

Rule of thumb: More sugar you add, sweeter it will be.

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

J visa (work visa) allows for as much as 5 years of working in the US. Not picking apples in the orchard, but doing science, engineering, programming... it is plenty of time to meet someone, marry and create a life in the US, including children.

Do you want those people to go back to their country and endure a year apart from their spouse and possibly children? What if the spouse on work visa is the only spouse working (USC spouse caring for the babies) and they can not provide for their USC family from abroad due to low wages in their home country?

I don't think you are that cruel, are you?

I agree no one on a visitor visa or work visa should ever be allowed to adjust status.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Most of us are separated throughout the courtship of the relationship, why is it when one decides to get married, or propose then there is this urgency to be with that one within a month? Mind you knew before you proposed or married the person, there were countries separating you. A year to prepare for your new life is such a short period of time, most people aren’t even prepared for the interview or the financial obligation. Granted there are some countries inwhich this process is harder than others, but again immigration didn’t create the hardship it was those who went before you. The wait time nor the process will never change as long as there are scammers working the system. This goes for both spouse, finance and family base visas.

A pregnancy takes nine months, and people tend to wait that out quite fine, but to wait out immigration most people makes it seems as if it is a torture.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

J visa (work visa) allows for as much as 5 years of working in the US. Not picking apples in the orchard, but doing science, engineering, programming... it is plenty of time to meet someone, marry and create a life in the US, including children.

Do you want those people to go back to their country and endure a year apart from their spouse and possibly children? What if the spouse on work visa is the only spouse working (USC spouse caring for the babies) and they can not provide for their USC family from abroad due to low wages in their home country?

I don't think you are that cruel, are you?

That's different, the ones that tick me off are while using tourist visas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.