dwheels76

My Immigration Letter to the President

92 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Very generic we see what their goal is> oh well i tried. they probably looking me up and burning my petition. LOLtongue_ss.gif

I am in the same situation as everyone here. In fact, I anticipate my wait will be longer than most. It's not going to get easier and I accept this. But let's also remember while we are criticizing the U.S. Immigration system, let's consider how long it would take if an American citizen wishes to immigrate to any other country in the world (just pick a random country). I'm willing to wager it's longer than 5mos. or even a year for pretty much any of them IF AT ALL. My husband is in India right now. How long do you suppose I'd have to wait to immigrate there to be with him? I'd look like Mother Theresa by the time I was approved IF ever! lol

So, let's keep this in perspective a bit, that's all I'm saying. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

I am in the same situation as everyone here. In fact, I anticipate my wait will be longer than most. It's not going to get easier and I accept this. But let's also remember while we are criticizing the U.S. Immigration system, let's consider how long it would take if an American citizen wishes to immigrate to any other country in the world (just pick a random country). I'm willing to wager it's longer than 5mos. or even a year for pretty much any of them IF AT ALL. My husband is in India right now. How long do you suppose I'd have to wait to immigrate there to be with him? I'd look like Mother Theresa by the time I was approved IF ever! lol

What are you basing the 5 months on? Many people have been in the process for years. Also you can gain Nigerian pretty easily (you did say to pick a random country).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husbands country Nigerian I am already a permanent resident citizen. My marriage gave me all those privileges. There is no overstay ban cuz I am married to him. And my intention wasn't to criticize the system to the government but to open their eyes make them aware. maybe than some changes for the good can happen.

And I have it in perspective because just less that 5 years ago these same petitions were taken years to get approved. So progress is happening. Just needs a deeper look. Some guidelines need to beset. Just like they give the list of evidence that can help to prove "Bona Fide Relationship". Why not a list of what is expected of a petitioner as far as visiting how long how many times a year. Do you want us to talk everyday, email, skype, IM what is better.

is it not allowed to marry your first meet face to face. Where to get married how to get married what is accepted. these things have denied and have got people approvals. There needs to be some ground rules instead of us guessing because Sally and John did it this way in Canada we do it in Kenya and they get approved we get denied why. Just examples.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Very nice and unselfish letter Madam, much respect :thumbs:

It seems that they are putting humungous resources at the scofflaws scaling the walls while they let us do gooders following the path of righteousness linger with secretarial process :angry:

Awww you are so kind thank you. But i would have loved to have gave them some for real examples pulled right from here. I pray some aide of his really does come and check out this site to get some insight and report back.

and you are so right when people do things the right way dang its like wow. You feel like saying "excuse me look at here you have our fingerprints, bio, passport address".

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

My husbands country Nigerian I am already a permanent resident citizen. My marriage gave me all those privileges. There is no overstay ban cuz I am married to him. And my intention wasn't to criticize the system to the government but to open their eyes make them aware. maybe than some changes for the good can happen.

And I have it in perspective because just less that 5 years ago these same petitions were taken years to get approved. So progress is happening. Just needs a deeper look. Some guidelines need to beset. Just like they give the list of evidence that can help to prove "Bona Fide Relationship". Why not a list of what is expected of a petitioner as far as visiting how long how many times a year. Do you want us to talk everyday, email, skype, IM what is better.

is it not allowed to marry your first meet face to face. Where to get married how to get married what is accepted. these things have denied and have got people approvals. There needs to be some ground rules instead of us guessing because Sally and John did it this way in Canada we do it in Kenya and they get approved we get denied why. Just examples.

I understand what you mean and I wasn't really meaning that you directly were criticizing (maybe some others though). I'll certainly agree this process is a bit intimidating and definitely frustrating. That's why I have to constantly remind myself that it's really a drop in the bucket ( a year or so) to wait to spend a lifetime with someone. I agree criteria alot of times are unclear and thank God this website is here for us- it makes it easier on all of us. It surely is frustrating that some get approved while others do not. But we never really know for sure the whole stories about people (their history, etc.) The fact that some people abuse the system, makes it harder for all of us- that applies to most everything in life and yes it's maddening. It is torture to be away from the one you love. (F)

Timeline

What are you basing the 5 months on? Many people have been in the process for years. Also you can gain Nigerian pretty easily (you did say to pick a random country).

I was basing the 5months on the time it typically takes to only approve the petition. After that the length depends upon the consulate and whether they place it into AP or not. That is what I find causes the most delay in many cases here in VJ. How does the process work in Nigeria? How long would it take typically timewise? I would imagine if you're already a Nigerian citizen it's easier to get the marriage visa for your spouse (as it is here) I know in other countries I've tried to find info about immigration, it's either impossible, is very lengthy , or I just can't find anything how to attempt it.

For those criticizing the impersonal/standard nature of the letter, what do you prefer? That President Obama take time each day to respond to the thousands of people who contact him? That he uses our tax money to hire people to answer each letter personally, tracking down the person's case and needs? I think it was a good letter--it clearly articulated the administration's position on the relevant issue area, even if it wasn't specific to family-based immigration. Sheesh.

For those criticizing the impersonal/standard nature of the letter, what do you prefer? That President Obama take time each day to respond to the thousands of people who contact him? That he uses our tax money to hire people to answer each letter personally, tracking down the person's case and needs? I think it was a good letter--it clearly articulated the administration's position on the relevant issue area, even if it wasn't specific to family-based immigration. Sheesh.

Then it is better to not even respond at all then.

At least if they're going to respond then try to address, of course in general and not specific to the OP's case, something that addresses family based immigration.

YMMV.

I was basing the 5months on the time it typically takes to only approve the petition. After that the length depends upon the consulate and whether they place it into AP or not. That is what I find causes the most delay in many cases here in VJ. How does the process work in Nigeria? How long would it take typically timewise? I would imagine if you're already a Nigerian citizen it's easier to get the marriage visa for your spouse (as it is here) I know in other countries I've tried to find info about immigration, it's either impossible, is very lengthy , or I just can't find anything how to attempt it.

Immigration journey just doesn't end at NOA1, in my opinion it ends at a successful POE. Others have argued it ends at successful AOS.

Doing your research, how many of the countries place folks in AP? HOnest question, I don't know.

Like OP stated later, this is not a criticism of our government but the frustration is in knowing that they could move faster if they wanted to.

Tell us what we need to do since for K1 we know the met at least once in two years, etc still ends up with denials for some folks.

Timeline

I understand what you mean and I wasn't really meaning that you directly were criticizing (maybe some others though). I'll certainly agree this process is a bit intimidating and definitely frustrating. That's why I have to constantly remind myself that it's really a drop in the bucket ( a year or so) to wait to spend a lifetime with someone. I agree criteria alot of times are unclear and thank God this website is here for us- it makes it easier on all of us. It surely is frustrating that some get approved while others do not. But we never really know for sure the whole stories about people (their history, etc.) The fact that some people abuse the system, makes it harder for all of us- that applies to most everything in life and yes it's maddening. It is torture to be away from the one you love. (F)

So very true. And you right for many of ys (if not most) especially those of us who didn't met in person that 1 and 2 and maybe 3years apart is vital for real. I know we are sooooo in love and we just know our Boo but well we have seen it many times that wan't the case. So if BIG Brother has to watch over us and protect us from ourselves I ain't mad at um.

Edited by dwheels76

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Its very easy in Nigeria. And its a full fledged Passport or permanent resident status needed to work there. You got to figure most countries would want Americans to immigrate there its usually not that big of deal.

And yes that AP like Pakistan seems to be mandatory AP. But yet some get approved no AP. So who knows.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Immigration journey just doesn't end at NOA1, in my opinion it ends at a successful POE. Others have argued it ends at successful AOS.

Doing your research, how many of the countries place folks in AP? HOnest question, I don't know.

Like OP stated later, this is not a criticism of our government but the frustration is in knowing that they could move faster if they wanted to.

Tell us what we need to do since for K1 we know the met at least once in two years, etc still ends up with denials for some folks.

I agree with you for IR1/CR1 couples it ends at the POE as far as being with your spouse to live here.

I am not sure about AP in other countries. They would probably call it something different anyways. I've looked at Jordan and India, and now I just looked at Nigeria. I can't find anything about becoming a permanent resident. Maybe you could help me out in that regard. This is what I found for Nigeria.

Like any other country, Nigeria takes the time to grant citizenship to foreigners that meet certain requirements. A main way for foreigners to obtain Nigerian citizenship is via 'naturalization', which requires the following - an individual must be at least 17 years that resided in Nigeria for at least 15 years, is of good character, plans to remain in Nigeria, is familiar with Nigerian language and customs, has a viable means of support, and has renounced previous citizenship. Another way is through 'registration' and this mostly applies to women (not men) married to a Nigerian citizenship. Of course, individuals with at least one Nigerian citizen for a parent can also become Nigerian citizens themselves. I don't find it easy at all to find information about it for any of those countries. For India, you have to wait 7 years to even apply for citizenship and then I have no idea how long it would take. I know there's a man that's been waiting 10+ years after marrying his wife there (who is a citizen). For Jordan I see nothing about it at all regarding marriage immigration ( I only checked because someone was complaining about waiting 5months!!! for a visa from the U.S.). In any case, I find that the immigration process according to research I've done is faster than most. The amount of marriage and fiance visa petitions they receive nationwide must be massive (much more than other countries- I'm trying for find a number on this) and the number people adjucating these cases is very limited. So I'm just guessing here that's why it seems to take so long. But in comparison, it's less time than others.

Timeline

Its very easy in Nigeria. And its a full fledged Passport or permanent resident status needed to work there. You got to figure most countries would want Americans to immigrate there its usually not that big of deal.

And yes that AP like Pakistan seems to be mandatory AP. But yet some get approved no AP. So who knows.

[/quote

What about the marriage visas there though? If I marry someone who is there with permanent resident status, how would I immigrate there?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.