dwheels76

My Immigration Letter to the President

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Most of us are separated throughout the courtship of the relationship, why is it when one decides to get married, or propose then there is this urgency to be with that one within a month? Mind you knew before you proposed or married the person, there were countries separating you. A year to prepare for your new life is such a short period of time, most people aren’t even prepared for the interview or the financial obligation. Granted there are some countries inwhich this process is harder than others, but again immigration didn’t create the hardship it was those who went before you. The wait time nor the process will never change as long as there are scammers working the system. This goes for both spouse, finance and family base visas.

A pregnancy takes nine months, and people tend to wait that out quite fine, but to wait out immigration most people makes it seems as if it is a torture.

A pregnancy does not potentially separate a couple from each other nor does it separate mother from her child. It takes 9 months because that is devised by God and not human beings. Immigration is controlled by human beings and they do have control over it. So bad example.

Although we cannot do anything except waiting but it is our right to yell when it hurts and this long separation does hurt. You have been there and you know better.

I can't say about others but in my case, some dumb immigration person had told my wife that it only takes couple of weeks for this process. It was only after we got married and applied, we found out how much pain in the rear this whole process can be.

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

I am always amazed at how people find a way of making everything political. I read a blog posted by a gentleman who had dinner with some friends a few days ago, and one of them happened to be an IO who explained at length how short staffed they were and how many thousands of cases they had. The fact thst that this person got a reply from the White House during an election year has nothing to do with anything. The do answer letters; judst not every letter. Stop the nonsnse.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I thought it was an e mail?

And it was an auto reply.

I am sure if you sent anything with Immigration as the subject you would get the same thing, computers!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

A pregnancy does not potentially separate a couple from each other nor does it separate mother from her child. It takes 9 months because that is devised by God and not human beings. Immigration is controlled by human beings and they do have control over it. So bad example.

Although we cannot do anything except waiting but it is our right to yell when it hurts and this long separation does hurt. You have been there and you know better.

I can't say about others but in my case, some dumb immigration person had told my wife that it only takes couple of weeks for this process. It was only after we got married and applied, we found out how much pain in the rear this whole process can be.

You missed the point of the meaning, anything worth waiting takes time to develop. As you stated you'll didn't do your due deligent until after you had married. If you have done your due deligent than you'll wouldn't have been un-prepared for the process. You can't blame others for what you didnt do.

Immigration is not just about you'll bringing your love ones into the country , it's about the US government protecting the welfare of it's citizens and protecting the national security of the country.

The bottom line is this, nothing is going to change about this process until those who venture into it, ventures with a truthful purpose, rather than those who venture for a fraudualent gain. When the US government can find a way to weed out those who wish to harm its citizens or harm the country national security, this process will no longer be long and hard. AS I see it this is not going to happen in the near future, as you'll are screaming about the US process other countries have step up their immigration process to include more national security checks. As I see it the US is probably a couple of steps ahead of other countries, it atleast allows you to petition for a non-USC to migrate to this country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Being a suspicious type I did not open it but see it is an Australian Government site.

So I am going to guess it is to do with emigrating to Australia, not the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Someone had made the comment that for me its only been 2 months since I filed.

I want you to know and I thought I stated on my letter this was not about me. Yes I stated my situation as far as how hard it is for my husband to even visit. My whole purpose was to draw attention to some of the processes.

For example Why does USCIS approve you which means to me you have all the required information and supported evidence but NVC gives you a RFE. And why this country can show a marriage certificate and oh a picture of you two together and another country you need 10 lbs of evidence.

Just some firm guidelines is all I ask. And yes I know they are under staff and all that but as far as AP, denied, revoked,NOIR and whatever else they call it the system is broken there. No one should have to wait 6 months to get a status on their case when denied or in AP that's just wrong.

No this isn't political this is personal. I personal love politics am a Political Science BA holder and could care less who is in office. I just wanted someone anyone to take notice.

For me personally sure I would love my husband here now. I have been back 8 months from Nigeria and I just filed been married over a year. For us really there no rush cuz well me the USC is unemployed so no matter. I am just trying to help, bring attention to a situation is all. My motives are good and genuine. I pray that all of you get your families together here soonest. God bless.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I want you to know and I thought I stated on my letter this was not about me. Yes I stated my situation as far as how hard it is for my husband to even visit. My whole purpose was to draw attention to some of the processes.

For example Why does USCIS approve you which means to me you have all the required information and supported evidence but NVC gives you a RFE. And why this country can show a marriage certificate and oh a picture of you two together and another country you need 10 lbs of evidence.

Just some firm guidelines is all I ask. And yes I know they are under staff and all that but as far as AP, denied, revoked,NOIR and whatever else they call it the system is broken there. No one should have to wait 6 months to get a status on their case when denied or in AP that's just wrong.

No this isn't political this is personal. I personal love politics am a Political Science BA holder and could care less who is in office. I just wanted someone anyone to take notice.

For me personally sure I would love my husband here now. I have been back 8 months from Nigeria and I just filed been married over a year. For us really there no rush cuz well me the USC is unemployed so no matter. I am just trying to help, bring attention to a situation is all. My motives are good and genuine. I pray that all of you get your families together here soonest. God bless.

:thumbs: Amen GOD BLESS you and your family

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Timeline

Well I get those USCIS and Immigration news updates. Just got this. Well its a start at least. Doesn't affect us but well its a start.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today launched the first phase of its electronic immigration benefits system, known as

USCIS ELIS. The system has been created to modernize the process for filing and adjudicating immigration benefits. 

“Today marks a significant milestone in our agency’s history,” said USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas. “We have launched the foundation for the web-based future of our agency and our immigration benefits system. USCIS ELIS will transform how we interact with our customers and how we manage the 6-7 million applications we receive each year.”

This initial launch brings the agency closer to realizing the future of immigration services. Beginning today, individuals can establish a USCIS ELIS account and apply online to extend or change their nonimmigrant status for certain visa types. Eligible individuals include foreign citizens who travel to the United States temporarily to study, conduct business, receive medical treatment, or visit on vacation. USCIS ELIS will also enable USCIS officers to review and adjudicate online filings from multiple agency locations across the country.

Historically, USCIS customers have had to apply for most benefits by mail and USCIS employees then review paper files and ship documents between offices to complete their adjudication. Today’s launch signifies an important step forward and is the first of several releases. Future releases will add form types and functions to the system, gradually expanding to cover filing and adjudication for all USCIS immigration benefits.

This important transition for America’s immigration benefits system will take time and continued dedication to fully implement. Following this first release, USCIS anticipates making adjustments and improvements in response to user feedback. This process will enable USCIS to continually enhance the user experience for both customers and USCIS employees. It will also allow the agency to smooth the transition to electronic filing over time, mindful of those individuals without computer access and the agency’s commitment to serve our diverse customer base.

Benefits of using USCIS ELIS include filing applications and paying fees online, shorter processing times, and the ability to update user profiles, receive notices, and respond to requests electronically. The system also includes tools to combat fraud and identify national security concerns. 

Mayorkas attributed today’s successful launch to the steadfast dedication of the USCIS workforce. “USCIS employees believe in the transformation of our agency from a paper-based to an online environment. It is through their vision, unwavering commitment, and hard work that we have reached this important milestone,” Mayorkas said.

Visit

www.uscis.gov/uscis-elis to take a tour of the new system, learn about eligibility and the benefits of using USCIS ELIS, and find frequently asked questions.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Timeline

I want you to know and I thought I stated on my letter this was not about me. Yes I stated my situation as far as how hard it is for my husband to even visit. My whole purpose was to draw attention to some of the processes.For example Why does USCIS approve you which means to me you have all the required information and supported evidence but NVC gives you a RFE. And why this country can show a marriage certificate and oh a picture of you two together and another country you need 10 lbs of evidence.

You did so and very well.

As an American I wish for us to improve our process to better serve tax payers and most importantly voters expediously.

I really don't care how they do immigration in South Sudan or how easy we have it here, we should have it easy here, this is the USA.

Curiousity shouldn't get to Mars faster than my Fiance getting to the USA.

I truly feel for those that are married and with children and who have to wait ages. How about the USC goes to the emabassy with his family and swear in front of the Ambassador and we take care of the rest of the paperwork later? They know more about us straight shooters than illegals hoping over the border anyways.

Timeline

hmmmmm.......

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.