dwheels76

My Immigration Letter to the President

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I agree with Army, too much scam and we see it here sometimes, hurts all the honest folks. So check everyone and count them twice seems to be he response.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

That was more than just a generic reply. It's insulting that they did not even take the time to read your letter. Their replay was about keeping our borders safe from people just walking acorss. Did we say our spouses were from Mexico or Canada? I don't think so...I beleive she said "NIGERIA"...like hello! 7000+ miles across a very large expanse of water people!

I don't care what the "administration" did to fix the borders so everyone would follow the same "correct process" of entering. That wasn't the issue brought up in the first place. Hummmmm...real issues never seem to get read unless they are suddenly bombarded with millions of letters, "MILLIONS OF VOICES" that state:

If you don't look into this issue right here for us (the minor piece of the pie) then you dont' get our vote this time around! You may think we are the minority, but just wait until November and see how thin we can slice your pie.

I think I'm about ready to write my own letter. Subject: K1, IR-1/CR1-VISA process and the upcoming November election! Who will we vote for without legal immigration reform? (Where's my sign?) :wow::angry:

It makes absolutely zero sense to wait a year for my husband to join me in the states when I flew 7000 miles to prove my love and say, I DO!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

That was more than just a generic reply. It's insulting that they did not even take the time to read your letter. Their replay was about keeping our borders safe from people just walking acorss. Did we say our spouses were from Mexico or Canada? I don't think so...I beleive she said "NIGERIA"...like hello! 7000+ miles across a very large expanse of water people!

I don't care what the "administration" did to fix the borders so everyone would follow the same "correct process" of entering. That wasn't the issue brought up in the first place. Hummmmm...real issues never seem to get read unless they are suddenly bombarded with millions of letters, "MILLIONS OF VOICES" that state:

If you don't look into this issue right here for us (the minor piece of the pie) then you dont' get our vote this time around! You may think we are the minority, but just wait until November and see how thin we can slice your pie.

I think I'm about ready to write my own letter. Subject: K1, IR-1/CR1-VISA process and the upcoming November election! Who will we vote for without legal immigration reform? (Where's my sign?) :wow::angry:

It makes absolutely zero sense to wait a year for my husband to join me in the states when I flew 7000 miles to prove my love and say, I DO!

Get um Girl. I am right there with you. Well just wrote my congressmen. Now writing up my letter to the First Lady.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i think the truth is they DON'T know how to fix the problem seems to me from my experience with immigration is first the service centers are answerable to no government official and rule their self's to the beat of their own drum.....the embassies are about making money......dont believe me? just look at how many people that are applying for visitor visa and feel they have followed all the information on the embassy web site to the letter and are told no.......the embassy knows before the poor people even get there that they are never going to be issued the visa that they seek.....when we lived in Pakistan every time we went to the embassy there were lines full of people waiting for their visa interview for visitor visa about 5 out of 1000 where given the visa

just my opinion

sara

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

But some people spend several years on a work or student visa getting to know someone before they decide they want to adjust status and stay. What should they do?

They should return home and have their boyfriend/girlfriend petition them to come back. ;)

ฉันรักคุณ
K-1
Filed May 2011
116 days to NOA2
4 days for the NVC
74 days to the interview
Interview date: 12/14/11 APPROVED!
POE: 12/16/11
Total days from NOA1 to K-1 Visa in hand: 202
Wedding Date: 12/27/11

AOS
Sent AOS: 4/21/12
NOA1: 4/30/12
RFE: 5/14/12
Biometrics App.: 5/21/12
Sent RFE Response: 5/31/12
Interview: 7/24/12
Approval: 10/12/12

Currently.... they have issued Ice the incorrect GC and we have tried 4 times to fix it. First time they had us send it to the incorrect address. Second time they said we used an expired form, which was the form they gave us. Third time was "oh sorry we lost the last page, can you send it again?." Fourth time is the gov is shut down. Will this ever be corrected in time for Ice to get the permanent GC? Stay tuned to find out. T_T

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

i think the truth is they DON'T know how to fix the problem seems to me from my experience with immigration is first the service centers are answerable to no government official and rule their self's to the beat of their own drum.....the embassies are about making money......dont believe me? just look at how many people that are applying for visitor visa and feel they have followed all the information on the embassy web site to the letter and are told no.......the embassy knows before the poor people even get there that they are never going to be issued the visa that they seek.....when we lived in Pakistan every time we went to the embassy there were lines full of people waiting for their visa interview for visitor visa about 5 out of 1000 where given the visa

just my opinion

sara

I completely agree with you here. I think in a fair majority of cases here in VJ and I'm sure for others not on VJ...the AP involved and other issues are in the hands of the embassies themselves. I think problems with embassies need to be addressed since they are the ones who ultimately have the discretion to issue visas.

Timeline

I completely agree with you here. I think in a fair majority of cases here in VJ and I'm sure for others not on VJ...the AP involved and other issues are in the hands of the embassies themselves. I think problems with embassies need to be addressed since they are the ones who ultimately have the discretion to issue visas.

well im my case when i went thru this mess the first time two years it took for noa2 then at the embassy level they just let the petition expire then sent it back as expired petition ........that tells me the embassies have a blank card to do what ever they want and use any loop hole they want even if they dont have solid reason to deny a application

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Embassy's do not handle Visa's, Consulates do.

AP is usual for everybody, most cases it is so quick that you do not realise you were in it.

The long ones are usual where the Consulate is not involved.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

AP is usual for everybody, most cases it is so quick that you do not realise you were in it.

your right i used the wrong word thank you i will try to be more careful :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Ok, the consulate located within the embassy approves the visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Attached

Usually but not always.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This is not a correct statement. Embassies and Consulates have a unit that deals specifically with visas.

An Embassy is the main diplomatic mission of a country that is headed by the Ambassador. Embassies are usually located in the capital city of the host country.

A Consulate is a subordinate post to the Embassy. Usually located in major cities throughout the host country.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

owell. another phailed reply

"Family time is very precious and you should cherish every moment of it."

01/20/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/26/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

06/28/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

06/29/12 - NVC received case learned on 07/2/12.

06/30/12 - Hard copy NOA2 received.

07/09/12 - NVC Casefile Number and IIN Issued.

07/16/12 - Receive and Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/17/12 - Mailed DS-3032 via mail, AOS bill received via email, paid online, Optin email sent.

07/18/12 - Optin accepted and new case number, AOS marked paid, emailed AOS packet.

07/24/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

07/25/12 - IV Fee marked paid, emailed IV packet.

07/31/12 - Emailed GZO Supplemental Packet 3.

08/02/12 - Case completed and commenced final review.

08/03/12 - Shipped all copies of forms/letters/documents to my wife - arriving on 8/9/12.

08/06/12 - Case completed final review.

08/09/12 - Appointment letter received via email interview date set 9/6/12.

08/14/12 - Medical exam done.

08/15/12 - Medical exam results all normal.

09/06/12 - Submitted required documents at the embassy and interview set next day at 0730.

09/07/12 - Visa approved, click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=10401 .

09/14/12 - Visa received on hand!

10/07/12 - Arrived at NYC! click here for review http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-poe-reviews.php?entry=15293

10/20/12 - Received welcome letter from USCIS.

10/25/12 - Green Card received!

"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions." - Sun-Tzu

04/27/13 - Submitted DS-160 online for parent-in-laws and sister-in-law.

05/01/13 - Paid DS-160 or MRV Fee Payments on CGI Stanley.

05/03/13 - Made appointment for 05/16/13 on CGI Stanley.

05/16/13 - Arrived at GUZ and impromptu notice on the front it was closed.

05/30/13 - B2 visa interview passed! Read review here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433263-b2-visa-was-approved-for-parentinlaw/ <p>

"Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience." - ADM Hyman G. Rickover

08/08/14 - Mailed I-175 application.

08/11/14 - I-175 arrived at VSC.

08/18/14 - Received NOA1 with date 08/12/14.

08/27/14 - Received biometrics appointment for 09/09/14.

02/27/15 - GC in production from email notification.

03/02/15 - Received NOA2 with approval dated 02/25/15.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

All I can say is wow...great job.....Thank you for trying to speak for all of us......Even if you did not get the answer you wanted you at least tried.....Now its also great that we are talking about this.....Change comes in numbers and the one thing we all have in common is that we love someone who lives in another country and we are all conducting long distance relationships so I say that to say it is so frustrating to go through this kind of process when all you really know is that you love someone and you want to be together.......plus its one thing to go through this process together as a couple rather than apart and so far apart at that.....trust me alot of people can't even imagine the feeling.....Also when I reunited with my baby.....I did not know anything about Visa journey nor did I know it would take a journey to be together....Thank God for visa journey.......but anyway great job girl......I truly commend your efforts......and Dana and Divine girl preach.......

4sHsm4.png

Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; Hold fast; Hold out. Patience is Genius.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.