87 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

some arranged marriages are excellent after some time,

some are dissolved a month after moving in together.

IMO, using my busted crystal ball, the parents knew something already, and wanted to get their daughter out of India.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

some arranged marriages are excellent after some time,

some are dissolved a month after moving in together.

IMO, using my busted crystal ball, the parents knew something already, and wanted to get their daughter out of India.

Amen sista!!! I thought this too.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is amusing how people jump into major conclusions based on few lines posted.

Most people that posted so far, has little to no idea of what an arranged marriage is, me included.

The little I know comes from either friends and co-workers that experienced these arranged marriages or what I read.

In other words, "your mileage may vary" (substantially).

Do you have the slight idea of what is going to be her life after being shipped back to India divorced because she had an affair/abortion with a married man prior to her marriage?

As far as I know her life will likely be ruined beyond repair, while for him it is a clean sheet and soon another arranged marriage.

I'm not defending her, or him, but there are too many possible scenarios coming from the few lines posted, from the simple ones to very complex or absurd ones. Perhaps some questions might help all posters to think.

How many hours did he talk with her alone prior to the marriage?

Would you expect her to tell him about her affair/abortion with a married man and cancel the marriage?

What sort of pressure would be coming from her and his families if she did tell him?

If she was forthcoming, would he have married her?

As far as I know all the issues posted so far should have been sorted out by the families prior to the arranged marriage, so if there is some "kind" of blame, I would say the families do bear a major responsibility, but no one had pointed this out.

Bottom line, my advice is that based on what the OP posted there is no base to claim fraud, and divorce is not a switch where you turn off, then turn on to marry again. So, I suggest him to put himself on her shoes and think what you would have done.

"A man does not know how alive he can be until a sweet Pinay steals his heart."

my point of view

11/08/2007 - Annulment Process Started

08/21/2008 - Annulment Granted

09/05/2008 - Annulment Court Order Issued

09/10/2008 - Mailed I-129F

09/12/2008 - NOA1 Issued

01/29/2009 - NOA2 Issued

02/07/2009 - Manila Case Number Letter Received from NVC

03/02/2009 - Passed Medical

03/23/2009 - Interview

05/13/2009 - Arrived in US

06/01/2009 - Applied for SSN

06/02/2009 - Pending Immunizations done

06/05/2009 - Received SSN

06/22/2009 - Got Married "downtown" style

06/27/2009 - Requested sealed envelop with immunization form from Civil Dr.

07/03/2009 - Received sealed envelop from Dr.

07/14/2009 - Mailed the AOS

07/16/2009 - AOS arrived USCIS

07/20/2009 - AOS NOA1 Issued

08/21/2009 - Biometrics at local USCIS Office

09/10/2009 - Received EAD cards

11/17/2009 - AOS interview. Given a favorable decision.

11/27/2009 - Received the GC

10/07/2011 - Mailed the ROC

10/11/2011 - Arrived at VSC

10/18/2011 - ROC NOA Received (contains the 1 year extension)

11/14/2011 - Received ROC Biometrics Appointment Notification

12/09/2011 - ROC Biometrics

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, she lied to you about so many things... IMO, her parents knew about it and wanted to get her to the States anyway, so maybe it can be called visa fraud, but I don't know how'd you get proof of that. But also, if this girl tried to drink some bleach, something else might be wrong with her, and she just might need some help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

@ zzzlpr~ your quote...Bottom line, my advice is that based on what the OP posted there is no base to claim fraud, and divorce is not a switch where you turn off, then turn on to marry again. So, I suggest him to put himself on her shoes and think what you would have done.

Maybe it would be more appropriate in this case to put himself in her pants...She created this with her own choices then with her mistakes screwed up his ideals for marriage and future wife.

With a switch of turning off and on a marriage... I agree...but why should OP do anymore to make a marriage out of deception? To change a liar? To placate unstable actions of threatening suicide? To shake the rest of the her honesties out of her?

He has his answers of what he should do...No one on VJ can alter this but it is still interesting to see the varied opinions.

Edited by inluvnwaiting

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Exactly!

I'm gonna be "devil's advocate" for a second:

I find it hard to believe that someone entering an arranged marriage agreement would do anything to break that agreement. That goes on both parts. When the OP provided a bullet point-like statement of what he expects in a wife, he pretty much boxed the "mail-bride" with his own expectations and the counterpart (the wife in question) didn't have any other choice but to comply. You can ask for all honesty by either water-boarding or mental games/ guilt trips. There's no way this lady would've been honest prior to completing this agreement.

However, now that she does have the green card, the agreement has been fulfilled, so of course she's open to be honest. Lying or hiding a secret is not fraud. She's saying all this (and I agree with a previous poster) to initiate divorce proceedings. If all of this situation is true, she's getting exactly what she wants.

Here's my conclusion: I believe there's some sort of chauvinist belittlement behavior from the OP that triggered his wife's reaction. The lady got tired and now she's angry and frustrated. I think she's lying to him now (meaning, none of that ####### really happened) to get out of the marriage and putting up a crazy act. Childish? absolutely. The other option is she played him like an old piano and now she wants out. No matter what the truth is, she's not good news.

Carry on and good luck!

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

First time in my life I'd disagreed with TBoneTX. I think he is exactly wrong and troutcat is exactly right. At the end of the day, however, none of our opinions matter at all: either you're going to forgive this woman about not telling you her whole sexual history before you entered into an arraigned marriage with her, or you're not. You're an adult, you figure it out. Forget about the whole "I'm-going-to-get-her-deported-out-of-spite" nonsense.

I can`t help but wonder, if it`s fraud , why confess all those things to him AT ALL? Why not take her her brand new GC and be on her merry way?

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

I can`t help but wonder, if it`s fraud , why confess all those things to him AT ALL? Why not take her her brand new GC and be on her merry way?

Someone speculates reverse psychology on the wife's part. Get husband to divorce her, he comes out looking wicked, she looks like victim when removing conditions from her green card then she goes on her merry way.

Someone speculates reverse psychology on the wife's part. Get husband to divorce her, he comes out looking wicked, she looks like victim when removing conditions from her green card then she goes on her merry way.

Oh, i see what you mean but i don`t think she would reaveal all those things about herself if that was her plan. She could have used other ways to get him to divorce her without telling him all that as we have seen many times here on VJ. People who are wicked like that are also very resourceful in that area.

I agree with Troutcat and Bob4Ana.

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You can only judge your wife on being a liar if she's lied to you about things during your marriage. She was not obligated to tell you about that relationship or any other. You kept digging for what you wanted to hear and now that you heard it you are crying fraud. Since this was an arranged marriage not one of chance meeting or true love couldn't you also be accused of perpetuating a fraud? Perhaps she was ashamed and she knew that that relationship was going nowhere. It's not something she would not disclose to you, your family, or her family.

If you want to challenge moral turpitude you must also call your own into question.

OMG! I love how you put it. Well said.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.